News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster Hunter Tri

Started by Meiun, April 10, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xgamer

If this is anything Like monster hunter freedom unite its going to be HARD. I can't even beat the first boss on it. basicly 3 hits=dead.

Seifer

Meiun

They just reviewed it on the IGN UK site for anyone who wants to check it out: http://wii.ign.com/articles/108/1083358p1.html Sounds pretty ownage to me.

Scotty

I am DEFINITELY picking this up now.

Meiun

Note that the one linked there is the one in which it was given the 9.3/10. The US IGN gave it an 8.8, but the only reasons it wasn't higher mainly seem to be due to the fact that it the game is aimed more towards the hardcore audience, so your casual person might just get too frustrated.

Scotty

That's one of the reasons why I would love it even more.  Chris and I have had discussions on this many times in the past regarding how games today, compared to say... NES games, have gone soft in difficulty.  I'm all for the reward of putting in the time and effort.  Nothing is more gratifying then being rewarded for hard "work".

ARTgames

Like what do they mean by hardcore?

xgamer

Quote from: ARTgames on April 14, 2010, 05:12:15 PM
First level boss on mhfu your dead in 3 hits.
That is hardcore.

ARTgames

Well i just red the Uk review Meiun posted and I don't know about this game. It seems like a game i mite like it. But i could also hate. But i got to say this game looks really good graphically for the wii.

xgamer

Quote from: ARTgames on April 14, 2010, 05:54:51 PM
Well i just red the Uk review Meiun posted and I don't know about this game. It seems like a game i mite like it. But i could also hate. But i got to say this game looks really good graphically for the wii.

Should have been ps3 -_- the originals were.

You should see the psp games their amazing for hand held!

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Scotty on April 14, 2010, 05:09:39 PM
That's one of the reasons why I would love it even more.  Chris and I have had discussions on this many times in the past regarding how games today, compared to say... NES games, have gone soft in difficulty.  I'm all for the reward of putting in the time and effort.  Nothing is more gratifying then being rewarded for hard "work".

They don't make platformers like they used to.... in fact, they just don't make 2D simple platformers anymore. :(

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

xgamer

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on April 14, 2010, 06:33:05 PM

They don't make platformers like they used to.... in fact, they just don't make 2D simple platformers anymore. :(
Only good platform game the is newish is little big planet <3

ARTgames

After thinking about it this does seem more like a ps3 title than a wii title. HC rpg, great graphics, uses mainly a controller, online components, made in japan, just screams PS3 to me.

I was thinking maybe they wanted the big install base that the wii has. But this does not seem like a game that whats to exploit that part of the wii manly because this game is not that much of a casual game. It could just be a business deal or that the wii is only a casual system in the west.

edit:
"The game was originally planned to be a PlayStation 3 title, but due to high development costs for that console the team instead decided to develop it for the Wii." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Tri
well that answers my question.

commercially no, not really, your right. But for indie, yes, for that reason also.

xgamer

Quote from: ARTgames on April 14, 2010, 06:47:02 PM
After thinking about it this does seem more like a ps3 title than a wii title. HC rpg, great graphics, uses mainly a controller, online components, made in japan, just screams PS3 to me.

I was thinking maybe they wanted the big install base that the wii has. But this does not seem like a game that whats to exploit that part of the wii manly because this game is not that much of a casual game. It could just be a business deal or that the wii is only a casual system in the west.

That's one of the reasons why I would love it even more.  Chris and I have had discussions on this many times in the past regarding how games today, compared to say... NES games, have gone soft in difficulty.  I'm all for the reward of putting in the time and effort.  Nothing is more gratifying then being rewarded for hard "work".
Or they did not have the money (Which is bs because its one of japans best selling game series)

commercially no, not really, your right. But for indie, yes, for that reason also.

Please write something as opposed to just quoting others.

Meiun

Quote from: xgamer on April 14, 2010, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on April 14, 2010, 05:12:15 PM
First level boss on mhfu your dead in 3 hits.
That is hardcore.
They said they made it more reasonable than thattt, but still hardcore.