News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster Hunter Tri

Started by Meiun, April 10, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xgamer

Quote from: Meiun on April 14, 2010, 08:17:21 PM
Quote from: xgamer on April 14, 2010, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on April 14, 2010, 05:12:15 PM
Like what do they mean by hardcore?
First level boss on mhfu your dead in 3 hits.
That is hardcore.
They said they made it more reasonable than thattt, but still hardcore.
I got pissed off and stoped the 2nd try. (could not get used to the controls >.<)

Meiun

This one is supposedly worlds better than the PSP one, so I wouldn't really use that as a benchmark for how this one will be. Also, I agree with what Scotty said about games nowadays being two easy. Much more satisfying when it is a real challenge.

xgamer

Quote from: Meiun on April 14, 2010, 08:49:50 PM
This one is supposedly worlds better than the PSP one, so I wouldn't really use that as a benchmark for how this one will be.
Im curious on how some of it will work. Will you be constanly be swinging the wii control or clicking the a botton.
you also need to dodge alot.
For the people who want to see a review of it in video form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfpkGeU5UI.
It looks amazing

ARTgames

Quote from: xgamer on April 14, 2010, 08:52:30 PM
This one is supposedly worlds better than the PSP one, so I wouldn't really use that as a benchmark for how this one will be.
Im curious on how some of it will work. Will you be constanly be swinging the wii control or clicking the a botton.

i got this off the review meiun posted:
Quote from: http://wii.ign.com/articles/108/1083358p2.htmlControlling the game with a Classic Controller Pro is intuitive, certainly far more so than the famed 'Monster Hunter Claw' technique on the PSP. There are two buttons to attack and one to roll or dodge, which gives a deceptively large range of combo moves for each weapon. The Bowguns, though, are initially confusing; reloading and firing could have been mapped to shoulder buttons instead of the same face-buttons that melee weapons use. Trying to play the game with a Wii Remote and Nunchuck, though, is frustrating and disengaging, especially in a game that relies so much on quick reactions and precision timing in battle. Shaking the Remote to unsheathe and having to hold it tilted left or right whilst pressing A is simply far too convoluted to be practical in the midst of battle.

Meiun

For the people who want to see a review of it in video form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfpkGeU5UI.
It looks amazing
Neither, because luckily you can buy the game bundled with this:
It does have a control scheme that uses the wii-remote + nunchuk I believe, but the new classic controller pro in the image above is apparently the recommended control style.

xgamer

Quote from: Meiun on April 14, 2010, 09:25:02 PM
It looks amazing
Neither, because luckily you can buy the game bundled with this:
It does have a control scheme that uses the wii-remote + nunchuk I believe, but the new classic controller pro in the image above is apparently the recommended control style.
Never seen that before.
Thanks.

VolcomPunk

This game looks very good. However, I fail to see how Nintendo has managed to make the graphics so smooth in this game, as opposed to other Wii games where the graphics can be sharp and choppy.

xgamer

Quote from: VolcomPunk on April 15, 2010, 04:22:44 AM
This game looks very good. However, I fail to see how Nintendo has managed to make the graphics so smooth in this game, as opposed to other Wii games where the graphics can be sharp and choppy.
You gotta admit Wii does have some good games. Mario cart!

ARTgames

I think some how you can get a demo disk of this game for the wii. I think i will go check that out.

Chaos

I should think that would be obvious.  They didn't.  Considering that the game is made by Capcom, Nintendo did dick-all.  Just like how they had nothing to do with all those Wii games with sharp, choppy, poopoo graphics.

Developers control the quality of their own product.  Just cause some third party developers are too lazy to take full advantage of the capabilities of the system doesn't mean those are the limits of the system itself.  One may as well blame Microsoft for all those shitty GMC games.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

xgamer

Quote from: Chaos on April 15, 2010, 05:45:31 PM

I should think that would be obvious.  They didn't.  Considering that the game is made by Capcom, Nintendo did dick-all.  Just like how they had nothing to do with all those Wii games with sharp, choppy, poopoo graphics.

Developers control the quality of their own product.  Just cause some third party developers are too lazy to take full advantage of the capabilities of the system doesn't mean those are the limits of the system itself.  One may as well blame Microsoft for all those shitty GMC games.
I love those small shitty games XD

VolcomPunk

Quote from: Chaos on April 15, 2010, 05:45:31 PM

Okay, I didn't actually know that, so it probably wouldn't be obvious to me. I've never actually played any of the Monster Hunter series, so I didn't know it was made by Capcom. Plus, I'm too ignorant to watch the beginning of trailer videos.

xgamer

DarkBlade325

Yeah I went up to Gamestop today to pick up a Classic controller, only to be told they had stopped making them in favor of that new one. :|

ARTgames

Heads up if any one wants to know.

The game comes out the day after this post (4/19/2010). Its also comes to the EU on the 23 and in the land down under in the 29th. Have fun.