News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster Hunter Tri

Started by Meiun, April 10, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Yep, I'm getting it tommorow. Should be sweet! If anyone else plans on getting it tommorow (the 20th) then let em know and perhaps we can team up if I'm not too busy.

Torch

Looks pretty sweet. I'll probably end up getting this in a few weeks.

Scotty

I plan to pick it up here probably today, but likely won't be able to play until tomorrow, when I have to be up at 3 to be into work by 4 tomorrow morning.

Meiun

Got the game today. I havn't had the chance to play online yet because I've been too caught up getting familiar with the countless different things to do in the game. So far I am quite impressed. The game seems to be extremely rich with content and detail to every little aspect of it. They really created a vibrant and living world in which monsters all have unique behaviors (feed off of other monsters, some are scared and run, different attack patterns, some carnivorous some not, and countless other things). You can mine, cook, fish, forge, scavenge, farm, design a living space, craft/brew potions and other items, among countless other things. You even have to keep that massive weapon of yours nice and sharp by using sharpening stones and such. The game has a day and night system, and different days have different things going on such as monster migration, special events, and countless other things. The gameplay so far is loads of fun too. There is almost too much stuff to cover, all I can say is that they really packed this game with "stuff" from what I can tell so far, and it dosn't even seem that I've seen close to everything. It starts off a tad slow since it has to familiarize you with this vast amount of stuff, but it starts getting really satisfying once you get into it.

If anyone else has it let me know and we can maybe try and play online at some point.

ARTgames

That sounds really good. Could you say about how many hours you have played and how are the controls.

Meiun

Uhhh honestly couldn't say exactly how many hours. I was busy most of today so didn't get to play much till this evening (and even then had to do some other stuff in between). But I have been playing it most the chances I get and thus far would estimate maybe 3-5 hours? Really rough estimate, I may be off by a bit with that.

As for the controls, they seem great so far. I have no complaints with them at all really. The new Wii Classic Controller Pro that I got bundled with it is also a really really nice controller in my opinion. Personally I'd take it over an Xbox controller any day (although I have never been a huge Xbox fan to begin with, not that I "hate it" or anything).

Scotty

I plan on picking this up tonight, got caught up yesterday with work and happy hour mixed with other various extra-curricular activities, and an early nappy time thanks to having to be in this morning at 4.  We'll have to see how it goes, although with what Meiun has already described, I have no doubt that it is going to be nothing short of arousing.

venuse

im waiting on it to come in the mail, so it may be a week or more before i get to play:P

just got it, played alittle offline. cool game although im out of practice.

ARTgames

"im out of practice."
what?

Lucifer

Quote from: ARTgames on April 22, 2010, 08:40:40 PM
"im out of practice."
what?
I would assume he means practice with the type of game, or playing video games in general, etc, considering the game hasn't been out for very long. It looks preeetty cool though, I'm hoping to get a Wii someday.

venuse

out of practice as in i played the very first game for the ps2 6 years ago and now im relearning how to do things. this isnt the first of the series guys, just first on wii.

Meiun

Just played online a bit for the first time today, as well as doing my first boss fight. I think it's pretty safe to say that monster hunter tri officially has THE most intense and vicious boss battles ever. Was absolutely epic in it's intensity. Boss lunging all over the place, changing areas to other parts of the map on us, whipping us into the air and into walls with it's tail and teeth and whatever other part of its body it could, spitting out huge balls of ice at us, etc. Just when I thought it couldn't get any more epic a !@#$ing dragon decides to stroll in and starts swooping down on us (which wasn't even part of the mission). As a result, the boss we were fighting dives into the deeps of the swamp we were in and we chase it underwater and continue the fight. We ended up losing cause my teamates got knocked out too many times (funny how i was the only one who didn't die at all despite being the lowest Hunter Rank of the bunch), but was still totally epic. Oh, and this boss was puny compared to some of the ones I've seen pics/videos of (only about the size of a killer whale).

T-Rok

This is one of those moments were I QQ because I sold my Wii just so i could buy a PSP just so I could play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and the upcoming Monster Hunter Portable 3 (its a port of tri with a bonus of PSP only goodies). If anyone wants to play MHFU, I'm HR7 so I can do G-Rank missions. On another note, I'm am quite stoked to see people actually buying the game because until this Wii release, the Monster Hunter series had never been advertised in the Americas and sold poorly compared to its Japan twin even though it was rated I believe 1st or 2nd best game on the PSP out there.

Aqua

I've been playing it... got to the Wyvern and boy did that suck. Didn't bring any extra cool drinks and he hid in the hot places. Ran out of time (50mins).
~Aqua

T-Rok

Haha, wait till late game Aqua. Lao Shen Long, you'll like him ;) (i think thats his name)

hidden text dont look xD
your as big as his toenail