News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster Hunter Tri

Started by Meiun, April 10, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

Yeah the game is great so far. HR 10 online and its craploads of fun.
Im playing with the wii controller. Is the new classic controller better?
@aqua weren't there any cool drinks in the blue box?

Meiun

Havn't played with the wii remote because all the reviews said that it was horrible in comparison to using the classic controller pro. I personaly love the classic controller and think it is perfect for the game.

crozier

venuse

i prefer classic myself but i wish they would of used the right analog stick for bow gun aiming instead of dpad. makes me scratch my head.

T-Rok

If you've already modified your wii, i'm pretty sure there was a program where you could you to change which key did what. Although I've never looked into it myself. But it would be able to make the analog instead of d-pad do the aiming.

Scotty

So I got sick and tired of waiting for my Wii to possibly get shipped out to me, so I just went and bought a new one over the weekend so I could play this game.  Yes, it is everything those who've played it claim it to be.  I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenges of this game.  My biggest compliment towards the game is how they've made it extremely technique driven.  You have to adapt to every different situation differently.  You have to handle attacking one monster completely different than another.  For instance, being that I've been sticking to Great Swords, I am slowed down immensely while wielding it and swinging it.  Every strike has to be quick, accurate, or else it's a waist, so should I have to go chase down and knock out a weak kelbi (a deer), I need to approach it differently.  They'll prance off, then stop for a second, so if I run at them sword sheathed, run up alongside while they've stopped prancing, intentionally miss with my first swing, then swat them with my second swing in the combo, I will knock them unconscious.  I can't just go in swords-a-choppin' as my sword is entirely too strong, and I'll wind up killing them on the first hit (the one that I intentionally need to miss with), but I have to be placed properly in order to knock them out.  I can't approach them so they are on my left, as my swatting attack only swings from my right.

Overall, I enjoy the good challenge, and really enjoy trying to figure out how I need to handle each monster.  Every different type is different, and you need to change your technique for all of them in order to not get walloped on.  Mix that with how it's a massive scavenging game to get the best equipment, and you'll wind up losing quite a bit of sleep.  Case in point: Between getting called into work at 1:30AM yesterday morning, and working 14 hours, I still couldn't pull myself away from the game until about 1:00AM the next morning.

venuse

hehe scotty sounds like you are addicted although i cant say im that much different, i got around 110hrs ins so far.

Scotty

Quote from: venuse on May 25, 2010, 10:44:30 PM
hehe scotty sounds like you are addicted although i cant say im that much different, i got around 110hrs ins so far.

You have no idea.  I've just spent about 3 hours doing nothing but stock-piling, running around and scavenging everything I can get my hands on, running back to camp, storing it all in the chest, running back out, scavenging, rinse, repeat.  This game is going to consume my life!

crozier

And I thought my 76 hours was addictive status.  ;)

Scotty

venuse

had a hard understanding his ramblings since he talks so fast. but good lord its funny.

ARTgames

I don't like zero punctuation stuff but for the wrong reasons.

Also as for the game Scotty have you tried multilayer?

Scotty

Yup, I played it with Meiun on day one.  After that, I was sold.

HamsterPants

Super bump!

I just got the game yesterday, and I was wondering if there's anyone who could play with me...? I need to level. lol

Also, just to throw in my 2 cents. I am so happy I bought the classic controller.

Trogdor

Sure, I'd be glad to help. My IGN is Wulfgar, though that's hardly helpful as I can't remember my character code. I'll edit this post with it once I have a free moment. I haven't played in a bit, so I'll give you fair warning that I'm pretty rusty.

Also, what times are you usually on?
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.