News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Control (Version 1.0)

Started by 11clock, April 13, 2010, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seifer

Tell me, does speed effect attack speed?

11clock

Quote from: Seifer on April 16, 2010, 04:28:07 PM
Tell me, does speed effect attack speed?

It normally does. Mostly movement speed, though.

foG

Very great game. I liked it. Only thing I found it too easy. I ran through it at my first try with 300+ gold left.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

crozier

fog it all depends on play style. Many people here had trouble when you went through it easily.
Same goes for seifer. He likes using ninjas when xgamer didliked them.

Snakeman

I beat it first time too. The snowballs need to be sped up or a new weapon for you yourself would be nice. Near the end you start to rely too much on your units. Some projectile upgrades would REALLY make the game a lot better. Maybe throwable hatchets or candy canes.

Also, I want to see some hammerwielders in there too, with actual knockback. That can really help out when you have a packed up gang of rock demons a few pixels away from tearing up your house and about 100 gold to spare.

xgamer

Unit suggestions : Dragoons, hammers.
Projectiles:c Arrows, Blobs, and exploding bunnys.

crozier

@snakeman- I dont know about candy canes. There isn't really a sprite pallet that contains red and white, blue and white, or green and white. The closest thing is the house brown color and white.
                -Throwable hatchets sounds nice. Though there will indeed be a better snowball soon.

@xgamer-  Arrows- not quite SO related, idk what clock thinks though.
               Blobs- *spoiler* an other unit can summon them much later.               Exploding bunnies- Clock was sad at just the bunny death (one of my favorite deaths bwahaha) and if this was a regular thing I am sure not just clock but some other people wouldn't be a big fan of this. Funny example though.
                Dragoon- This would have to be a shop bought unit if it was to be added. Hammer is a good idea though.

Mr Pwnage

Your really need to expand on the projectile aspect of the game. As of right now the snowballs are only really practical the first 2 levels...than it just becomes a game of conserving money for units.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

crozier

remember that this is just a demo  :P
Expect more.

11clock

I was thinking about adding a hammerman. And yes there will be a rock and a double throw upgrade in the shop later on. The main part of the game is using your gold and units wisely, so don't expect too much on projectiles.

God-I-Suck

Might I suggest a sandbox mode? Where you can summon as many monsters and units as you like. That sounds like fun. (:

Maybe some different terrains. Or maybe a bigger game screen, because it's a little small lol.

11clock

Quote from: God-I-Suck on April 17, 2010, 12:32:13 PM
Might I suggest a sandbox mode? Where you can summon as many monsters and units as you like. That sounds like fun. (:

Maybe some different terrains. Or maybe a bigger game screen, because it's a little small lol.

Can't make the screen any larger. I am entering the game into a NES competition and the maximum dimentions are 256x224. You can press F4 to activate full-screen, though.

And a sandbox mode I am considering for the final release.

Torch

Just beat the game with 400+ gold left. Didn't buy any ninjas or runners. Can't wait to see updates for this game.

11clock

Who here thinks the ninja should have a little boost on health? He seems to be a little underpowered based on his gold cost.

Torch

Quote from: 11clock on April 17, 2010, 02:18:41 PM
Who here thinks the ninja should have a little boost on health? He seems to be a little underpowered based on his gold cost.
That or decrease the cost to 15 gold.