News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hometown Shoutout!

Started by NotoriousM4^, April 23, 2010, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DivineLegend

Quote from: Lingus on April 24, 2010, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: DivineLegend on April 24, 2010, 08:17:05 AM
Quote from: Lingus on April 23, 2010, 06:47:41 PM
I can't even pretend. I don't really like LA. Yea, it's one of the biggest cities in the country, but who cares? It's hot, overcrowded, expensive, and mostly a dump. A lot of people think of LA and think "Hollywood" and big stars and glamour and what not. That's a bunch of nonsense. Hollywood is a crap area filled with freaks and crack heads. All of the trendy places like Beverly Hills are way too expensive to do anything and are filled with a bunch of pretentious people. Where I live in the valley isn't that bad, but it's nothing too special. Basically, if I had the chance and I wasn't worried about leaving family and friends behind I'd definitely move.
oh man do i know what you mean. whenever my family wants to go to LA, i want to do something else. but san diego isn't bad. nice beaches, and where i am at, i am an hours drive from the beach, an hours drive from the desert, and an hours drive from the mountains. its terrific.
San Diego, California, USA
I mean, the thing about LA is that it really has just about everything. It has the beaches (I'm about 20-30 minutes from the beach). You can get to Mt. High in about an hour, Big Bear isn't too much further. You have crap tons of bars/clubs/night life crap if you're into that. There's tons and tons of restaurants of all different kinds. There's parks. All sorts of shit. It just... doesn't matter. It's a crap place to live and it's too expensive. I'd much rather live in San Francisco or somewhere in the pacific north west like Portland, OR.

Edit: Oh yea and I like Santa Barbara too (though that's way more expensive than LA). Or Ventura is kinda nice.
ventura is alright. Santa barbara is high class lol. san diego has a everything as well. seaworld, 2.5 or so hour drive to disneyland, petco park,

Scotty

I miss the San Diego area, where I could ski and surf in the same day!

VolcomPunk

Altoona, Pennyslvania, USA.

Seems as though I'm the only one who doesn't live around somewhere that great.  :/

DivineLegend

just move back then scotty

igufed

Quote from: VolcomPunk on April 25, 2010, 05:05:15 AM
Seems as though I'm the only one who doesn't live around somewhere that great.  :/

St. Louis isn't so great.. ;)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

DarkTrinity

Quote from: VolcomPunk on April 25, 2010, 05:05:15 AM
Altoona, Pennyslvania, USA.

LOLS@U

I live in Minnesota. >_>

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: DivineLegend on April 25, 2010, 11:24:43 AM
just move back then scotty
Oh if only moving from place to place was a "Just Do it" situation for the average person.

Delicious

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada says hey!  :)
<3

Scotty

Quote from: Delicious on April 25, 2010, 11:31:37 PM

I thought it was Canada say eh?

Looperpuck

Ohhhh. Ouch Scotty. Although, I never did really like you.   ;)

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Seifer

Quote from: Scotty on April 25, 2010, 11:46:37 PM

We do say "Eh", but not in replacement of "Hey"

Scotty

Quote from: Seifer on April 25, 2010, 11:59:11 PM
Quote from: Scotty on April 25, 2010, 11:46:37 PM

We do say "Eh", but not in replacement of "Hey"

Really eh?

Delicious

How stereotypical of you, Scotty....  :P
Looperpuck and I live 20 minutes away from eachother, however he is scared that I'm a child molester, so he wont come out and chill with me.  :P
<3

Jake

Quote from: Delicious on April 26, 2010, 12:51:05 AM
How stereotypical of you, Scotty....  :P
Looperpuck and I live 20 minutes away from eachother, however he is scared that I'm a child molester, so he wont come out and chill with me.  :P
Hahahahahaha!

Lingus

Quote from: DivineLegend on April 24, 2010, 11:24:36 PMventura is alright. Santa barbara is high class lol. san diego has a everything as well. seaworld, 2.5 or so hour drive to disneyland, petco park,
Santa Barbara also has a very beach town feeling. It's weird because it's very high class and also very laid back.

Yea, I like San Diego too. It's a really cool place to visit and it's really close to here. I'm going to make a trip down there soon to go to several of the breweries (Stone in specific!) Not sure of your age, but did you go to the San Diego Beer Week? I missed it this year, but it sounds awesome.