News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Mario Crossover

Started by Snakeman, May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snakeman

Imagine playing Mario as Link. Or Megaman. Or Samus. Or even Simon Belmont. With this game, you can.

Super Mario Crossover is easily one of the greatest flash games made after old NES games. It plays nearly identical (if not perfectly identical) to the actual game (depending on the character) and can be VERY addicting. I highly suggest it to anybody who loves NES classics, Mario spinoffs, or just a damn well amazing game all in all.

Oh, and it's not something dumb like "worlds 1 through 4 only". It's every single goddamn level in Mario, playable by any of the 6 characters (including Mario himself).

You can find it on Newgrounds and a shitton of other sites (because of its popularity).

Here is the link to it on Newgrounds:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

Meiun

Hahaha that's actually pretty sweet. It's really a pretty spot on remake of the original mario in terms of the levels and all that. Really cool how each different guy handles totally differently, and much like they do in their own games. Nice find!

Scotty

sn0wb0arder381

I ran across this game the other day, lots of fun!

Snakeman

Yeah, it turns out it was released only a few days ago and the creator already has ideas of making more playable characters in it, because of it's huge gain in popularity over the course of the few days.

VolcomPunk

Bill R. gets shit done.  8)

God-I-Suck

Lingus

Quote from: Snakeman on May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AMwww.supermariocrossover.com
The author himself mentions in the description of the game at newgrounds.com that that website is not official and that he would actually like it to be taken down if possible. He says the only official version of the game that he will update with new releases is at newgrounds.com.

Here's the link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

I think it's amazing how popular this game became in such a short period of time. But it's understandable consider the popularity of the super mario bros. game, and the level of accuracy brought into this flash game. The fact that it is such a simple concept is great.

Mr Pwnage

This is the most amazing thing I have yet to be seen done with adobe flash! And to imagine it's this guys first game. Also, did anyone notice a glitch where Simon can't move left or right while in mid jump unless your initially holding the direction before hand? It's kind of annoying. Not that it matters though, Bill R. is what it's about!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 01, 2010, 03:23:58 PM
Also, did anyone notice a glitch where Simon can't move left or right while in mid jump unless your initially holding the direction before hand?
Yes.

I prefer Link btw. He's small so he has a smaller hitbox. And his boomerang is great because you can just stun and then kill.

11clock

This game is fun. On World 3 so far. World 2-3 was a total pain. Stupid jumping Cheep-Cheeps...

God-I-Suck

I enjoy playing as Simon the most. And I think you can't move while in midair because that's how he originally moves (That's what I think.) Bill is also fun to use. (:

Chaos

Yeah, Simon isn't glitched, that's how he jumped in the original Castlevania.

Anyway, just beat it.  I think Megaman is my favorite :3

EDIT:  I also think it's very very interesting how each character's abilities play out as strengths and weaknesses as you play.  For example, fully powered guy from Contra just decimates the screen with spreader, but he is really difficult to use with precision jumping.  Link has a very short range attack, but his shortness really helps dodging a bit, and his boomerang is very interesting to stun enemies with.  Simon is probably, imo, the most challenging character to play as, but his axes are vicious and just clear blocks and enemies nicely.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

T-Rok

Wow he even kept the secret warps. And I'm with Chaos, megaman is the best.

Cactuscat222

Ohhh, what joy this game has brought me.

I really love all of the characters - Simon is awesome once powered up, just hard to control. I remember reading a comment someone left that was mentioning the playstyle/abilities of each character and it was something like:

"...
Megaman: Charges up and dashes
Bill R.: Shoots every direction and get better weapons
Simon: Hardmode
..."

xD

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here