News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Mario Crossover

Started by Snakeman, May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I'd like to point out that you CAN save your progress. Press Esc and choose the Save Game option during a level.

Mr Pwnage

Cool thing I just discovered about Link: Most of you probably know his boomerang can stun enemies, but it can also apparently grab run away mushrooms, snatch out of reach fire flowers, and be used to grab coins in mid air. Link is now my favorite character because he moves well, sword attack is awesome when maxed, and the boomerang is so useful. Also he is so small you don't have to worry about crouching.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 02, 2010, 02:11:17 PM
Cool thing I just discovered about Link: Most of you probably know his boomerang can stun enemies, but it can also apparently grab run away mushrooms, snatch out of reach fire flowers, and be used to grab coins in mid air. Link is now my favorite character because he moves well, sword attack is awesome when maxed, and the boomerang is so useful. Also he is so small you don't have to worry about crouching.

The only thing I don't like about Link is his attack distance. It's so scary to have to get so close to stab Goombas to death :X

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 02, 2010, 03:43:37 PM

The only thing I don't like about Link is his attack distance. It's so scary to have to get so close to stab Goombas to death :X

Stun 'im with the boomerang first.

In other news, I'm in the process of playing through the entire game, no warps, using only Simon.  Thus far, I've made it as far as 5-4.  Shit is hard.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

Quote from: Chaos on May 02, 2010, 06:32:38 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 02, 2010, 03:43:37 PM

Stun 'im with the boomerang first.

In other news, I'm in the process of playing through the entire game, no warps, using only Simon.  Thus far, I've made it as far as 5-4.  Shit is hard.

Same here, but I'm using Mario. Never played the original Super Mario Bros, so I wanted to play it old-school first. Also, read my comment above. There is a way to save your progress so you won't have to start over!

Meiun

Never played the original mario bros!? You should be ashamed of yourself! But yeah, while this is a pretty dang good remake, it still isn't spot on (at least in terms of how mario handles and all that. Pretty close but not perfect). So you may just want to actually play the original if he is all that you are using.

11clock

Quote from: Meiun on May 02, 2010, 07:32:34 PM
Never played the original mario bros!? You should be ashamed of yourself! But yeah, while this is a pretty dang good remake, it still isn't spot on (at least in terms of how mario handles and all that. Pretty close but not perfect). So you may just want to actually play the original if he is all that you are using.

Actually I plan on using the other characters when I'm done with my Mario play-through. I think I'll start with Link...

And yeah I've never played the original Super Mario Bros cause I don't own a NES. But then again I may have it on my hacked Xbox...

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on May 02, 2010, 07:44:53 PM
Quote from: Meiun on May 02, 2010, 07:32:34 PM

Actually I plan on using the other characters when I'm done with my Mario play-through. I think I'll start with Link...

And yeah I've never played the original Super Mario Bros cause I don't own a NES. But then again I may have it on my hacked Xbox...

Just download the ROM file from a site and play it on an emulator like Nestopia.

ROM Download: http://www.romscentral.com/nes/super_mario_bros_duck_hunt.htm
Nestopia Emulator Download: http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Lingus

I think the other characters can do similar things. I believe Samus can grab coins by shooting them. At least I did by shooting a coin block.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on May 03, 2010, 10:58:26 AM
I think the other characters can do similar things. I believe Samus can grab coins by shooting them. At least I did by shooting a coin block.

Yes, that's true of coin blocks. I am talking about the actual floating coins that aren't in blocks.

foG

I didn't even make it past the first pipe and gave up. lol

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Snakeman

Quote from: Lingus on May 01, 2010, 01:08:09 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AMwww.supermariocrossover.com
The author himself mentions in the description of the game at newgrounds.com that that website is not official and that he would actually like it to be taken down if possible. He says the only official version of the game that he will update with new releases is at newgrounds.com.

Here's the link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

I think it's amazing how popular this game became in such a short period of time. But it's understandable consider the popularity of the super mario bros. game, and the level of accuracy brought into this flash game. The fact that it is such a simple concept is great.

Oh, if that's the case, I'll update the link on the original post.

Mr Pwnage

Also, one thing I immediately notice about this game is that you can backtrack as far as you please. In the original SMB1, you couldn't backtrack past your current camera view, so I think that should be fixed.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 03, 2010, 06:35:18 PM
Also, one thing I immediately notice about this game is that you can backtrack as far as you please. In the original SMB1, you couldn't backtrack past your current camera view, so I think that should be fixed.

To be honest, I don't think it should be fixed. I really like it this way. It allows you to mess around more and gives you a little more leeway to save yourself from bad jumps/runaway items. I'm pretty sure he was going more for fun when he made the game, rather than hardcore structure.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pizzaz99

Yeah, Plus now that they have new characters with different play styles it would be more necessary to backtrack.
"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirling ship" -Bob Dylan
Wait, aren't quotes supposed to have a point or lesson? !@#$ it.