News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Mario Crossover

Started by Snakeman, May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snakeman

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 03, 2010, 06:35:18 PM
Also, one thing I immediately notice about this game is that you can backtrack as far as you please. In the original SMB1, you couldn't backtrack past your current camera view, so I think that should be fixed.

In an interview, the creator mentioned leaving out the inability to backtrack because it personally pissed him off in the original Mario and he didn't want to do the same stupid thing as that.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 02, 2010, 02:11:17 PM
Cool thing I just discovered about Link: Most of you probably know his boomerang can stun enemies, but it can also apparently grab run away mushrooms, snatch out of reach fire flowers, and be used to grab coins in mid air. Link is now my favorite character because he moves well, sword attack is awesome when maxed, and the boomerang is so useful. Also he is so small you don't have to worry about crouching.

It tells you that in the tutorial.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 03, 2010, 07:03:20 PM
Also, one thing I immediately notice about this game is that you can backtrack as far as you please. In the original SMB1, you couldn't backtrack past your current camera view, so I think that should be fixed.

To be honest, I don't think it should be fixed. I really like it this way. It allows you to mess around more and gives you a little more leeway to save yourself from bad jumps/runaway items. I'm pretty sure he was going more for fun when he made the game, rather than hardcore structure.

Maybe he should make different game modes. Like "Hardcore" mode and whatnot that incorporate things like this.

Also, a glitch I noticed: If you are, well lets say fire mario. You already have fire but you hit a block that gives you a power up and another fire flower comes up. You don't collect the new flower but you get hit by an enemy and get downgraded to lowest form. Now, what is supposed to happen is little mario hits the fire flower and becomes fire mario, like the original SMB1. But if your little mario and hit a fire flower, you only become big mario, no fire power.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Chaos

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 03, 2010, 07:58:26 PM

To be honest, I don't think it should be fixed. I really like it this way. It allows you to mess around more and gives you a little more leeway to save yourself from bad jumps/runaway items. I'm pretty sure he was going more for fun when he made the game, rather than hardcore structure.

Maybe he should make different game modes. Like "Hardcore" mode and whatnot that incorporate things like this.

Also, a glitch I noticed: If you are, well lets say fire mario. You already have fire but you hit a block that gives you a power up and another fire flower comes up. You don't collect the new flower but you get hit by an enemy and get downgraded to lowest form. Now, what is supposed to happen is little mario hits the fire flower and becomes fire mario, like the original SMB1. But if your little mario and hit a fire flower, you only become big mario, no fire power.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it only made you big mario in the original game, too, though it has been a while.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Pizzaz99

I'm not sure if this is just my comp but for some reason on all the castle levels the game just starts to lag out the ass. Pretty damn annoying.
"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirling ship" -Bob Dylan
Wait, aren't quotes supposed to have a point or lesson? !@#$ it.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Chaos on May 03, 2010, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 03, 2010, 07:58:26 PM

Actually, I'm fairly certain it only made you big mario in the original game, too, though it has been a while.

Ooops, I just checked by playing the original ROM on an emulator on my computer and you are correct. That is how it is supposed to be.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on May 03, 2010, 08:00:38 PMActually, I'm fairly certain it only made you big mario in the original game, too, though it has been a while.
That's how I remember it too...

Btw, is the Bill R. spread shot supposed to be glitchy? If you shoot it fast enough it sometimes doesn't shoot the whole spread.

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on May 04, 2010, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: Chaos on May 03, 2010, 08:00:38 PMActually, I'm fairly certain it only made you big mario in the original game, too, though it has been a while.
That's how I remember it too...

Btw, is the Bill R. spread shot supposed to be glitchy? If you shoot it fast enough it sometimes doesn't shoot the whole spread.

lol.  Well, that IS, in fact, how the spreadshot worked in Contra, haha.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Yea, that's what I figured. After I heard about how Simon jumps being on purpose, I'm sure there was other weird things added in to be specifically how the original game worked... Which is funny why he allows back tracking.

The other thing that is different from the original Super Mario Bros. is that the floating platform at the end of the level isn't supposed to be there. Why it was added to every level on this makes no sense. It makes the whole "jumping for the highest part of the flag thing for more points" pointless.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on May 04, 2010, 04:10:06 PM
Yea, that's what I figured. After I heard about how Simon jumps being on purpose, I'm sure there was other weird things added in to be specifically how the original game worked... Which is funny why he allows back tracking.

The other thing that is different from the original Super Mario Bros. is that the floating platform at the end of the level isn't supposed to be there. Why it was added to every level on this makes no sense. It makes the whole "jumping for the highest part of the flag thing for more points" pointless.

Probably because since he added no sprint button a lot of those jumps are impossible to achieve max pnts for some characters. And the flag is not the only spot he added them, he put them on many jumps that may otherwise be impossible. Such as the water levels.

Chaos

Yeah, he added them for all the characters (except for Mario?  I know Mario doesn't have the floating platforms in the water levels) because none of them can sprint, so they would not be able to make the jumps otherwise, and because they also can't swim, so they wouldn't be able to do the water levels.
Jake says:

Aqua

I was playing this earlier in school... Pretty much all sites are blocked, so we all play this... I like simple Mario because he can finish levels the fastest.
~Aqua

11clock

World 7-4 is impossible. I can't pass the stupid hammer-spamming Bowser. >:(

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on May 08, 2010, 01:08:20 PM
World 7-4 is impossible. I can't pass the stupid hammer-spamming Bowser. >:(

Many people think that they are forced to have to jump of bowser, but that isn't the case. If you can make it to bowser with a projectile ability of some sort you can kill him by shooting him a lot too. Even in SMB1 you could kill bowser by spamming him with fireballs. If I am not mistaken, I believe it took 10 fireballs in SMB1 to kill bowser.

Chaos

Jake says: