News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Mario Crossover

Started by Snakeman, May 01, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

I agree that Bill and people like that may have more "firepower" and an easier time killing enemies, but that only plays a small part of what makes the game challenging. What makes Ryu so good is that he has reasonable firepower but also straight up owns at his maneuverability and avoiding any obstacle with his ability to climb any wall.

Scotty

I see it as a different approach to owning the game.  Do you want to own it through maneuverability, if so, go scale yourself some walls with Ryu.  Wanna own it with multi-directional, attack anyone from any position? Go with Link.  Wanna own it by going balls-out firepower, using a boom-stick to blow away the opposition? Go with Bill.  Wanna scream at your computer for being a royal shit knuckle and wondering why the developer had to go and nerf one of Nintendo's greatest icons?  Go play Megaman.  Wanna play tits?  Samus Baby!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on June 28, 2010, 01:21:25 PM
I like the new Link best.

Wait...what's different about Link in this version than the old version??
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on June 11, 2010, 08:55:41 PM
    A quick rundown of all the new features in v1.1 that can be identified by the trailer video:

• Megaman high-jumps using the rush coil now.
    • Samus can now crouch. (toggled)
    • Simon's jump is easier to manage. (toggled)
    • Link now can attack upward and downward with his attacks.
    • BILL GETS NOTHING.  YOU LOSE.  GOOD DAY SIR.
    • Game now has 5 difficulty settings to choose from.
    • Music has a volume control.
    • SFX have a volume control.
    • Ability to shut off the timer.
    • MARIO HAS TEH HAXXORS.  (He now has a cheat menu unlockable by beating the game.  One of which is the ability to swim in stages that aren't water.)
    • New character: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.
    • "Screen Scrolls Left - ON"  Assumedly, you can now toggle off the ability to backtrack to more accurately play like the original SMB.

Lemme know if I missed anything.

Mr Pwnage

Oh cool, thanks.

EDIT:
    Another question: You can toggle Simon's jump between "easy" "hard" and "classic" in the options menu. I have tested them all...does anybody know the difference between "hard" and "classic" because there doesn't seem to be one?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Chaos

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on June 29, 2010, 03:06:42 PM
    Oh cool, thanks.

EDIT:
    Another question: You can toggle Simon's jump between "easy" "hard" and "classic" in the options menu. I have tested them all...does anybody know the difference between "hard" and "classic" because there doesn't seem to be one?

Hard = Walk off a ledge, you keep moving forward.
    Classic = Walk off a ledge, you drop straight down.
    Jake says:
    lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Chaos

Oh, what's this?  Did you guys forget all about this game?

Meanwhile, Mr. Pavlina has been busy.   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1K9yNDNA8
    Jake says:
    lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

God-I-Suck

House

Chaos

Guess what's been released? :D

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Version 2.0 ? February 8, 2012

Added graphics skinning system to the game
        Added new power up system with multiple power ups per character
        Added Bass as a playable character
        Added Luigi as a playable character
        Added theme system that allows different graphical themes and colors to be applied to each level
        Added multiple skins for each character, including at least one alternate persona
        Added support for LZMA compression. This decreases the file size.
        Modified some characters to make them control more like their original games
        Added music support for multiple video game music formats
        Added new music for each skin
        Added ability to simulate consoles by limiting skin and music choices
        Fixed bug that caused simon to die when beating bowser with the classic Simon cheat enabled
        Sound effects are now emulated and recorded in game
        Redid title screen
        Redid character select screen
        Removed Mega Man high jump cheat and made Mega Man always jump high. Changed Rush Coil into a regular weapon.
        Removed ability for all characters besides Mario and Luigi to stomp enemies
        Modified health and damage values for some characters and enemies
        Added status property system which allows enemies to be frozen and have other effects
        Added Game Boy filter, which makes the game look like it's being played on a game boy
        Link now flips when he jumps and has a jumping sound effect
        Logo and disclaimer will not show up when restarting the game
        Fixed multiple bugs
    Jake says: