News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Portal is free

Started by ARTgames, May 12, 2010, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/
Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capital news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.

Play it. Its free gosh darn it. Its a great game.

Looperpuck

Aha, yes it is for sure. I have it for Xbox360 (On the Orange Box)I really like it. I like it because it #!ck's with you more than Halo does. I cant wait for portal 2.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lingus

Lucifer

Wonderful, wonderful game. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Mr Pwnage

Isn't there a second portal coming out soon? At least I thought I heard rumors.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

LeGuy

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 12, 2010, 10:00:13 PM

Yep, it's official. Apparently only for PC, though. Blast, I loved it in the Orange Box for PS3.
Whee!

ARTgames

Quote from: LeGuy on May 12, 2010, 10:05:36 PM

Yep, it's official. Apparently only for PC, though. Blast, I loved it in the Orange Box for PS3.
And not just windoes but osx also. and linux will probably run it also after a little bit of time. Go valve!

Delicious

Free?! Definitely downloading this right now. I wanted to play it since I first saw the trailer. Thank you for the link!  :)
<3

VolcomPunk

Haha, I tried downloading it, but it told me the servers were busy.

Pat

I heard its going to be on PC, Mac, Xbox and PS3.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Chaos

Played it and beat it the 360 version.  But it's bloody free, so why the hell not?!
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Meiun

Quote from: Chaos on May 13, 2010, 04:54:10 AM
Played it and beat it the 360 version.  But it's bloody free, so why the hell not?!
Everyone knows shooter based games are best played on the PC anyways :P (and don't bother posting if you disagree with that, not even willing to debate that one). But yeah, portal is a great game. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it already for sure.

ARTgames

Quote from: Pat on May 13, 2010, 02:31:34 AM

even better!

Lingus

Yea, they did this to celebrate Steam coming out for the Mac. So, not only did they bring out their awesome digital distribution platform for another OS, they are also giving away awesome games for free!

stick d00d

Quote from: Pat on May 13, 2010, 02:31:34 AM
If only they could make another bundle game like Orange Box.... I love having all those great games on 1 disc :D But I guess I could pay the $60 for Portal 2...