News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

equip items

Started by swordmaster, May 31, 2010, 09:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordmaster

I think we should have monsters drop equipment that can power up our weapon. Like we can only have one equipment per weapon. Also weapons have their own special equipment and some are the same.
IGN:iCup

Lucifer

As long as we're on the subject of what we think, I think your post was utterly and completely pointless. I think, you were prancing around Stick Online and your wonderful fabulous idea randomly popped into your head, and without a seconds thought you posted it. I think, as a result of you not putting more than 5 seconds of actual thought into your post, that it will sink to the second page and be forgotten. But fear not! For what I think is of no importance if you so choose to ignore it, and nobody is forcing you otherwise.

As for what I think about the idea, wait, what idea? Personally, I'm of the opinion that it's a bad idea to leave the reader pondering exactly what it is you're suggesting... But I'll assume by "equipment", you mean attachments that add Damage, Health, Stats, Knockback, etc, to your desired weapon. My response to this assumed idea is... meh. I don't think we really need another batch of items to hunt for, and I can't see this idea being implemented, I just don't see the point. I'd give you a longer response, but I'm not even sure if this is what you're suggesting.

Y'know, I swear there should be a minimum word limit for topics in this forum... *rantrantrant*

LeGuy

QuoteI don't think we really need another batch of items to hunt for

Why not? If Meiun gets around to implementing trade in V3, we're going to need as many items as possible in order to build a thriving economy.

Furthermore, while not written in a particularly legitimate fashion, I don't think the concept behind this suggestion is entirely unacceptable. Attachments on weapons could add a bit more flavor to combat. Maybe instead of just raising stats, they could give the weapons a slightly modified attack or give it a secondary ability. Imagine a Great Sword turning into an Inferno Sword or Tsunami Sword when you give it a Fire or Water attachment, or a Dagger with the ability to be thrown a short distance as a projectile with a Wrist Chain attachment.
Whee!

Lucifer

I personally don't think Stick Online should move in the direction of random add-ons and widgets to your weapons, I just think it's unnecessary. I don't want to go hunting around for the best addition to my weapon after I've already went through the trouble to get it in the first place. Keep in mind I'm not exactly looking forward to trading being implemented, so I'm not really including that in the big picture. But, that's just me, I could see the usefulness and possible awesomeness of adding certain effects to your weapons, adding a little customization and randomization to the battle. You might thing you're just fighting a great sword, but he's actually got a drain life equip attached, or even life steal! Although I don't really like the concept of being withheld information in a PvP fight, I think it should be as plain as day what you're up against. *shrug*