News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Disconnection Help

Started by Infection, July 12, 2010, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infection

Okay, so about 15 minutes ago(in game) from this post, I disconnected, I was like:

"Okay, I'll just log back in."

And so I did, until about 40 seconds later I disconnected, yet again. I was like:

"Hm, weird, I'll log in again."

And soon this turned into 11 disconnection-fest on 30 second through 1 minute and 20 second intervals (in between) and I kept logging in and disconnecting. I'm sure I would have kept disconnecting if I kept at it, but the log-in screen got boring after awhile.

Now, I know disconnecting is problem with me, not the server, but, the thing is, I have wonderful internet connection and it never EVER happened to me before. It just started around 15-20 minutes ago like I said.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Or why this is happening? I would've never made a topic if it were 1-4 disconnections but 11 and up seems a bit out of the normal.

I'll try playing again tommorow and will post whether its fixed or not. But until then, I can't play SO, I barely can kill any monsters without disconnecting. SO is good, but not THAT good.

I'm not sure anymore, but I played again and haven't d/c'd so far, so maybe it was a one time only thing.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Loganvz123

This problem seems to be occuring to me right now  :(
Sometimes the npcs stop moving and then it freezes and quits, sometimes everything freezes and it quits.
Sometimes it says I have been disconnected, sometimes not. We have a good internet connection so it doesn't seem it would be client sided.
Anybody know what is going on?

Infection

Quote from: Loganvz123 on August 22, 2010, 02:54:51 AM
This problem seems to be occuring to me right now  :(
Sometimes the npcs stop moving and then it freezes and quits, sometimes everything freezes and it quits.
Sometimes it says I have been disconnected, sometimes not. We have a good internet connection so it doesn't seem it would be client sided.
Anybody know what is going on?

Your problem seems to be a little tad worse then mine was. Perhaps make another topic? Or stay here, I don't mind.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Meiun

I do occasionaly do some maintenance on the server that can last a good block of time (although it's typically not too frequent), so that could have an impact for some. Other than that, also note that the server IS indeed in the United States, and seeing as it is not a high end expensive one like when it was a public server, it may not have top tier routing to some of the other far away countries that you guys may be playing from. I know that many people from other countries and over-seas have little to no issue playing, but it still could be a factor for some.