News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Healing weapon

Started by ARTgames, July 14, 2010, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

The idea of the healing weapons is that there is a weapon about the size of the stick and what it does is when you hit some one with it while in PVP it heals them. When you hit a monster it just does normal damage and does not heal the monster.

Three good uses I was thinking of is:
1. Simply be nice and heal people while there killing monsters.
2. It could make 2+ vs 2+ battles more interesting and add some strategy.
3. It could make INT a more wanted stat because people may want to make healers.

How much stamina it takes away and how much it heals I'm not sure. But I think it should take a good amount of stamina and not heal that much. Not heal to little that its pointless but just enough. It also needs to have a longer cool down time so people cant use it too rapidly. Maybe a little more than half of the GS's cool down time.

Thank you for reading!

Mr Pwnage

I support this. Though I don't think it should actually be usable as a weapon, I think It should only heal, and have no effect on monsters. Also, it needs to be able to be usable on players when there pvp is off.

Why not have a weapon that takes your health away and give fractions of it to other players, and same for int.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

I'm fine with both of those ideas also. Good thing you point out the PVP part also. That would help a lot when training on monsters.

Zario777

I was actually thinking more along the lines of it draining hp from monsters and adding it towards yours, but that would eliminate the useage for healing other stick members
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Lingus

I think this is perfect for clan v. clan. Since the clan system will be implemented soon, this is very timely. It would be a very simple and effective way to implement support style of gameplay.

How this should be implemented would depend on how the pvp system will work. There was that whole clan pvp mode where you would not attack other clan mates but only other people in pvp mode. So depending on if we have that as well as a regular pvp mode, who you are able to heal should depend on that. In clan pvp mode, you would only heal clan mates, and in regular or out of pvp mode I guess it would heal anyone (this means in a 2+ vs 2+ match you would have to aim carefully. and also would allow you to heal other people during pvm.)

My opinion is that in clan pvp mode you would heal clan mates and attack non-clan mates, and that for pvm you would heal other players but attack monsters. This gives you more of a true support type class which would normally be able to help very slightly at combat.

One question is how would the healing be calculated? Would the heal amount be a fixed number? Or would it be based on Int or something? I think it would make sense for the healing to be based on Int and the attack based on Str. Obviously the base for healing should be greater than the base for attacking, making even those with high str ineffective at attacking with this weapon. But with a very high Int you would be a very effective healer.

I do agree that the cool down should be pretty long. Though, I don't think it needs to be overly long. If someone has too much Int and they have a mega heal, they would have many other downsides. They would have very little def and hp so they could very easily die. They would also be slow making them easy to die as well, and also not as effective at reaching clan mates to heal them.

Now, I also think there should be a sort of range to this heal. It should extend out past the weapon a bit. I'm thinking of Chaos' GM sword. Though not that long. Maybe twice the distance of the whip?

Seifer

We will have the option of turning In-Clan pvp on and off, since we still have that feature now.

Lingus

Ok. Wasn't sure since I haven't played in a while, and also not in a clan anymore. But yea, what I posted is relevant in that case.