News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Guilty Gear XX#Reload (Online)

Started by DarkBlade325, July 30, 2010, 04:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Weirdest !@#$ing name I've seen for a game in a long time. Have you ever seen a game with the # sign in the full title? I havn't. Show me a game that has a more !@#$ed up name and you get a cookie. But enough rambling. Hey guys I wanted to direct you to one hell of an underlook'd fighting game., Guilty Gear XX. Ever since it first came out in 2004- there have been constant and constant updates (one even made it to the Wii), and the only the, err, #Reload version has made it to the PC. Now, I rarely play fighting games. And when I say rarely, I mean blue moon, asteroid passing earth every 3785 years rarely. I have not played one single Street Fighter, and I don't plan to. But this fighter game caught my eye. Dunno why.

Well anyway, I love the music, art style, wide arrange of characters, ect. There are story paths for each character, and each character plays differently as well.

Besides multiple story paths for each character, there's also alternate versions of characters that change some of their moves around while removing some and giving some new ones. The game also has one of the hardest end bosses in Arcade mode, and she is a whore. A huge whore, with a dick. Yeah- if you're new to the game, she'll rip your ass out of your throat. There's also missions in which you're forced as a character fighting another, and you have to beat them a certain way. Either by Overdrive, Instant Kill, whatever. There also Survival mode in which you can unlock SP and EX characters. Of course, that isn't the only way to get those characters.

There has also been a fan-made netplay patch that allows you to fight others online. It can be a bit laggy, but you'll get used to it sooner or later. However, you must have the Japanese version of the game. Don't have it? Good news, the same site that supplies you with the netplay patch ALSO gives a link to download the game, both the english and japan copies. You should use the English copy to read through the story- or anytime you're playing offline, and use the Japan copy when going online. But the versions don't change much. Only difference I can see is that when using the japan copy in Story, the text is Japanese, and so are the win quotes said by a character in Arcade mode. The Announcer, main menu, and HUD are still in English, however.

Here's a link to the site. http://ggxx.wingdreams.net/

Give the FAQ a read to set up the INI file you get, and go into the config exe you get with the netplay patch and set up some stuff. You can give yourself a nickname, set a delay between attacks (in exchange for less lag), pick which Lobby you want to be in (most English players use a Delay of 4, and pick the delay 4 lobby), and you can even make a custom palette swap color for characters you play. Not to mention that it's piss easy to. If you recolor one sprite, it recolors all the other sprite frames. So you can make a custom color in about 10 minutes. There's a whole lot more to do, but you'll have to look at the readme in the netplay download.

Online play is lacking players at the moment, but it might be because I'm playing at 2:40 am in the morning right now. I thought I could get you guys into playing. Once again I cannot stress this enough, read the FAQ on the site and the Readme down to their last period before going online, otherwise you'll experience confusing and errors. Sorry for the absolute huge Wall of Text, by the way. But it IS a forum. You know- a place where you read stupid shit?