News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Idea for a Luck hat

Started by TheLegendTamer, September 15, 2010, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegendTamer

OK, me and a friend discussed it just now in chat on SO. I was suggested I post it.

Ok a hat that increases drop rate%.

But rather than a set amount of luck while being worn, or when worn when you reach damage threshold, here's how it would work.

It starts off initially with a boost of 0 when you equip it. It gives +0 stat boosts to everything else.

However, each time you kill a monster, the boost increases slightly. The effect negating after removing the hat or getting killed for whatever reason.

The boost would have a soft cap so that it would never boost drop rate to 100%. The boosts would increase the rate by a %. Like if normally the drop rate of an item is 10% chance of drop, after X amount of kills, would apply a boost of 2% to that 10% boost.

The means, that the statistical probability of NOT getting the drop you want out of the others would grow faster than it would had you not been wearing it.

It wouldn't make the rare items drop more often than non rare. Just more drops means more chances to win the lottery.

Could this work out or be changed so that it does?

Lingus

I have seen several different luck increasing hat ideas. I've never really liked the idea. This one is no different. I'm not sure I am against any luck increasing item, but I don't particularly like this one.

The main issues I have are, for one, by using this hat you cannot use another hat which would boost your stats therefore making it easier/faster to kill monsters which would in turn increase your chances of getting drops. So in a sense it's kind of negating at least a portion of what it's purpose is.

Secondly, I don't entirely agree that the chance should increase for each kill. I know you mention there would be a cap, but I just don't think there should be too significant of an increase to drops for any item. The most I'd want to see is an increase of maybe 5-10%. And increasing from 0 up to that would be somewhat insignificant. Unless it goes up by like .25% per kill or something?

What I think would be interesting is either a skill or an item that temporarily increases your exp/drop rate a small amount. That's it. No more complicated than that. It would not stack or increase/decrease over time. You simply have an increase in exp/drop rate temporarily, and you either have to wait for a cooldown period or find another one of the items again or something.