News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Alcohomoholic Beverages.

Started by DarkTrinity, October 11, 2010, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

(Yes I know it's spelled alcohol)

I guess this question is mainly aimed at scotty, dustin, grandpa ling-ling, my brother and anyone else who's old enough to drink. (Or the underage people drink illegally)
I'm turning 21 in about a week, and I was just curious what everyone's favorite alcoholic drinks are.(I suppose you can include beer, but I more of want to know mixed drinks/shots and whatnot). I've heard scooby snacks are really good and that saki(sp?) is disgusting.

Thoughts? opinions? suggestions?

T-Rok

Quote from: DarkTrinity on October 11, 2010, 04:31:09 PM
(Yes I know it's spelled alcohol)

I guess this question is mainly aimed at scotty, dustin, grandpa ling-ling, my brother and anyone else who's old enough to drink. (Or the underage people drink illegally)
I'm turning 21 in about a week, and I was just curious what everyone's favorite alcoholic drinks are.(I suppose you can include beer, but I more of want to know mixed drinks/shots and whatnot). I've heard scooby snacks are really good and that saki(sp?) is disgusting.

Thoughts? opinions? suggestions?

Lol at your american 21 age requirement. Here in Canada they drink their lives away at 19. xD

troyowns

I prefer hard liquor, so i would suggest brandy.

Seifer

Welcome to the age of alcohol! Again, here in Canada it's 19, and it's great.

Personally, I hate beer. This means I want mixed drinks. But I'm a guy, so getting fruity, colorful drinks isn't going to happen. At home, I usually just mix Vodka and Spirte, when I go out, I often get Gin and Tonic.

foG

I am a vodka's man so I basically mix up everything with it, be it Orange juice or Redbull, doesn't matter.

What I really like is Long Island Icedtea, it's a longdrink containing many hardcore alkohol (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequilla) + coke and lemon. Tastes awesome!

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

DarkTrinity

Quote from: foG on October 11, 2010, 05:27:14 PM
I am a vodka's man so I basically mix up everything with it, be it Orange juice or Redbull, doesn't matter.

What I really like is Long Island Icedtea, it's a longdrink containing many hardcore alkohol (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequilla) + coke and lemon. Tastes awesome!

Yeah, my friend had one on her 21st and that was the end of the night for her... lol.

Mr Pwnage

I mix grape juice or lemonade with vodka usually. I really don't like beer, just tastes and makes you feel horrible. I like wine though. Also one time I had 51 rum, that was good shit.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Not that I ever really drink at all, but I've heard Spider Bites, Irish Car bombs, O-Bombs,Greyhound, Washington apple, Scooby snacks, b-52's.

For beers, even I know to stay away from shit like Bud light and Corona. Heard that Arrogant Bastard is pretty good.

But like I said, this is just stuff I hear, this all might taste like crap.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Seifer

Thing is, I feel like a fool ordering these off the wall drinks, what with their weird names, weird colors, and what not. I just.. feel better ordering a normal drink.

And while we are on the topic of beer, though I do not like most beer, are rarely, if ever, drink it, there are a certain few European beers I do enjoy. But they aren't even sold in Canada in The Beer Store. Good old Sin & Redemption in Toronto always has some awesome beers on top each week though.

Scotty

Okay, here we go!

For your 21st B-Day, you drink what you want to drink, but keep in mind, you only turn 21 once.  I mean in a way that you are going to enjoy, but you are not going to pass out at 8PM because your friends keep passing you the four horsemen and blowjobs until you are hugging porcelain as though it was your long lost affectionate obsession.  I've been to a few 21st parties where the friends had the b-day girl plastered before I even got there at 6PM, and that person doesn't remember jack about their b-day, not the most enjoyable day for them, especially when hairy George woke up next to them the next morning, so drink in moderation, get drunk, but don't go wasting alcohol by having it revisit your tonsils on exit.

As far as drinks, if you are going to mix, go cheap.  Do not go and buy grey goose vodka to make your martini, that's stupid, and a waste.  You are paying good money for good vodka that you won't taste because you are mixing it.  If you're gonna buy Captain Morgan's Private Stock, drink it straight, else there's no reason to go expensive.  If you're mixing drinks, Jack Daniels as a whiskey, Sky vodka, or Captain Morgan Rum all mix well.  Don't just put a smidgen in your drink, make sure you at least go half and half, that's the trick.

I'm not a mixed drink kinda guy.  I love my beer, and not cheap American rice beer (Budweiser), I like the expensive import stuff.  I wasn't so much a beer drinker when I started, but then I realized how much I love beer tasting.  If you do happen to crack some beers over the years, learn to drink for taste, not effect (the effect will come, and is nice, but not the reason to drink beer, that's alcoholism).  If you want a list of great beers, well I can give you a laundry list depending on what kind.  I'm not much for the thick Belgian ales, but I do love me some German hef's, and I do have a list of about 5-6 great imports of the like, just let me know, and I can pass them along, keep in mind that imports are more expensive though.

Enjoy your b-day, you only turn 21 once!

DarkTrinity

@Seifer: Yeah, I agree, walking into a place and asking for a Scooby Snack seems awfully weird to me.. lol. But my friend said she was going to buy me a shot for my birthday but I don't want a nasty one like her guy friends were getting for her xD

TGIFridays has this drink (I think it's some sort of cosmopolitan) and they put cotton candy in it. I wanna try it >:3

@Scotty: Yes, I do not want to be hugging the toilet. Only time I've had grey goose is for shots. Along with captain morgan, which is nasty for taking shots.... :x
As far as beer goes, I'll drink it on occasion(usually for beer pong) and the only kinds I think I've ever had were michelobe light and miller light...

troyowns

For beer, I like Busch... its cheap and doesn't taste as bad. or Natural, that works too.

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on October 11, 2010, 09:20:41 PM
@Scotty: Yes, I do not want to be hugging the toilet. Only time I've had grey goose is for shots. Along with captain morgan, which is nasty for taking shots.... :x
As far as beer goes, I'll drink it on occasion(usually for beer pong) and the only kinds I think I've ever had were michelobe light and miller light...

Yeah, it's never fun, I've been there, and I'm sure you will too, just not for your 21st!  With the beer, the cheap American beer, while cheap, is enough to make one never want to drink it.  It's kind of like computers or cars.  You have to go big and buy the big stuff at least once, enjoy it for its life time, and then realize you spent way too much, when something much cheaper will suffice.  Go do some beer tasting somewhere, find a good beer that you like, get on beer advocates, do your research, determine what is the best kind of that genre of beer, and go get a case of the uber good stuff, realize how great it is, how expensive it is, and jot that down as your occasional celebratory beer!  I just make too much money to be able to suffice with anything other than the best!

Mr Pwnage

In any case though, realize that alcohol is really just the rotting excrement of bacteria...so don't go crazy with it. Every time you drink you are essentially just mildly poisoning yourself and enjoying the effects as a result...which is why I don't do it all too often. Usually when I do drink, it's at a party, and everybody is drinking. I would never do these whole bring a few friends over and binge kind of deals...though I doubt that's what you had in mind anyways.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 11, 2010, 10:11:38 PM
In any case though, realize that alcohol is really just the rotting excrement of bacteria...so don't go crazy with it. Every time you drink you are essentially just mildly poisoning yourself and enjoying the effects as a result...which is why I don't do it all too often. Usually when I do drink, it's at a party, and everybody is drinking. I would never do these whole bring a few friends over and binge kind of deals...though I doubt that's what you had in mind anyways.

Just look at Mel Gibson, that guy slams back pitchers every morning, and he seems to be straight as a compass!  ;D