News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

View arena bug

Started by Celson, November 05, 2010, 12:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

I recently noticed a bug at the arena that makes you view the arena for like 100 milliseconds then cuts you back to your normal view. Infact it can go either way. You could be viewing the arena and then suddenly it will cut your view back to yourself then immediately go back to arena view. I had never seen this bug until recently. And I'm not pressing any buttons at the time that it occurs.

The bug happened to occur while I was recording Igumal and Tyco-RC fighting on the arena platforms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryS1un4XpJU

You can see it happen at about 0:55

On the bright side it does not happen often, but it's still a bug. Might be my computers fault?

Matty_Richo

Could you accidently be knocking your keyboard?
Otherwise I would suspect something wrong with you keyboard or drivers that makes it think you press it when you don't.

ARTgames

I have never had this happen to me and I have viewed the arena for hours. :|

CherryPie

same, never seen something similar. Problem is probably client sided.

Freeforall

Quote from: CherryPie on November 05, 2010, 01:30:50 PM
same, never seen something similar. Problem is probably client sided.
That is wierd. I have never had that happen, though I am not usually on the stands, I am dancing on the arena.

Celson

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 05, 2010, 03:41:24 AM
Otherwise I would suspect something wrong with you keyboard or drivers that makes it think you press it when you don't.

It would make sense if it simulated the keyboard pushing ctrl once, or a random number of times. But it's always simulating what would happen if you press ctrl twice really fast, every time. Quite strange.

Forum

You pressed ctrl.... You were not battling as i see so.
Officially quitted

Celson

Quote from: Forum on November 05, 2010, 07:15:29 PM

Ehh no.... I did not press anything. I clearly said that in my first post. Please learn to read.

Forum

Quote from: Celson on November 05, 2010, 08:48:39 PM

Ehh no.... I did not press anything. I clearly said that in my first post. Please learn to read.
I know how to read don't be such a bag kid, a simple no was ok that i was mistaken..And we don't know if you pressed any buttons but only logical reason was you did. 
Officially quitted

Lucifer

Quote from: Forum on November 05, 2010, 09:13:57 PM
Quote from: Celson on November 05, 2010, 08:48:39 PM

I know how to read don't be such a bag kid, a simple no was ok that i was mistaken..And we don't know if you pressed any buttons but only logical reason was you did. 
Hurrdurrdurr lets all get defensive and not think straight.
First off, bag kid? What the dick?
No, that's not even a half logical reason, why would Celson post a bug that he made up, that's just plain silly.

EpicPhailure

Does it happen only when you record?

Celson

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 05, 2010, 10:46:28 PM

Nah. It can happen anytime your on a spot where it says "Press ctrl to view arena" or whatever. Doesn't happen to often, but does happen.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Celson on November 05, 2010, 11:52:53 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 05, 2010, 10:46:28 PM

Nah. It can happen anytime your on a spot where it says "Press ctrl to view arena" or whatever. Doesn't happen to often, but does happen.

Well, I have never experienced this as an issue...Though I may be able to provide a sort of explanation? I have had faulty circuits from long-term use in my keyboard before...It could be that something odd happened with your keyboard and it simulated 2 keystrokes of Ctrl? Obviously a little far-fetched but not too stray from possible. A test you could do is to try and recreate the event using a new keyboard...by sitting there for hours viewing in the same position you were on the map. Obviously that would be kind of monotonous to do...but that's the best trouble-shooting I can think of. Summing up though, since I'm sure during various tourneys we have all been in view-mode for long periods of time...and nobody else has ever experienced this...it is most likely a local issue for you.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

RayRay

Yeah, this is the wackiest kind of bug I'd ever see. It's obviously your hardware, not the software. You practically need a new keyboard. If that doesn't work and your computer is new, then someone rigged it.