News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

MONSTER IDEA: Stick Giant

Started by 11clock, November 11, 2010, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

This idea is for SO2. The monster is a Stick Giant. It's a large stick figure that attacks by kicking. Its damage is somewhat high, a little less than Sand Fiend, and it has the health of a Bandit Assassin. Its attack has a decent knock-back, a little more than the Rock Demon's. Its speed is slow, the speed of a stick figure with 1 AGI. The Stick Giant's spawn rate is similar to the Sand Fiend's spawn rate.

The drops can be more powerful versions of newb items. Possible Drops: Iron Branch (Tree Branch buff), Construction Hat (Fireman Hat buff), Chain Whip (Whip buff), White Hat (Shady Hat buff). Possible spawn locations can be to the right of the temple, to the left of the temple, or on the pirate ship.

The idea was made simple enough to implement into the game without too much trouble.

NOTE: This is NOT meant to be a boss monster, just a powerful enemy with a below-average spawn rate!

Freeforall

Sounds like a great idea! Wait... 1 AGI? It could probably catch up to me... D:

It would be simple to put in the game, besides the fact that they would have to make a bunch of new items. D:

RayRay

That'd be fun! A new variety here and there. Sounds great! : )

Prosper

Quote from: RayRay on November 11, 2010, 05:08:00 PM
That'd be fun! A new variety here and there. Sounds great! : )

Same for me.

PS: Rayray I like ur signature lol I just noticed it today.

CherryPie

yeah pretty simple, since the sprite for normal stickfigures are already there. What could also be cool, is if there were 4 versions of it.

Version a):
Strength Stick (drops: red bandana & enhanced red bandana giving 7 str)

Version b):
Agility Stick (drops: blue bandana & enhanced blue bandana giving 7 agi)

Version c):
Defensive Stick (drops: yellow bandana & enhanced yellow bandana giving 7 vit)

Version d):
Intelligence Stick (drops: green bandana & enhanced green bandana giving 7 int)

Everytime the ultimate Stickman spawns, he wears another enhanced bandana on his head, giving him either more strength, speed, hp&def or low delay between his hits.

This idea really takes the coding effort to a minimum and the fun resulting to a maximum, great idea!

11clock

Quote from: CherryPie on November 11, 2010, 05:13:07 PM
Version a):
Strength Stick (drops: red bandana & enhanced red bandana giving 7 str)

That is pretty much Dipz's crown. Like the idea of different forms of the monster, however.

Aqua

Just a logic note. Having a large stick character moving at 1 agility is going to seem incredibly slow. Its speed should increase proportionately to its side at the very least.
Kind of an okay idea I guess. The mountain and bandits could use a SG like monster to boost interest in hunts.
~Aqua

11clock

Here it is, the Stick Giant!

Despite its size, it's not supposed to be a boss monster. It's just a powerful enemy with a below-average spawn rate, like the Sand Fiend.

Yankyal

Quote from: 11clock on November 11, 2010, 09:06:56 PM

Despite its size, it's not supposed to be a boss monster. It's just a powerful enemy with a below-average spawn rate, like the Sand Fiend.
The sand fiend has a low spawn rate? I remember rounding up a 4-5 of them near the wall....along with about a dozen cacti. Good times.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

11clock

Quote from: Yankyal on November 16, 2010, 09:37:29 PM
Quote from: 11clock on November 11, 2010, 09:06:56 PM

The sand fiend has a low spawn rate? I remember rounding up a 4-5 of them near the wall....along with about a dozen cacti. Good times.

Compared to other enemies the Sand Fiend has a low spawn rate.

RayRay

Matty_Richo

Having it the same as a stick with 1 agi would actually make it one of the faster monsters in the game, that'd make it similar to the sand fiend I think.

Yankyal

We could combine this and another idea. The other idea was to bring the V2 stick figure sprites into V3 as an enemy, for the nostalgia effect or whatever. It'd be great.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Celson

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 18, 2010, 03:56:57 AM
Having it the same as a stick with 1 agi would actually make it one of the faster monsters in the game, that'd make it similar to the sand fiend I think.

I think the Sand Fiend has a speed of 3.7, maybe higher than that. Not sure.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Celson on December 26, 2010, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 18, 2010, 03:56:57 AM

I think the Sand Fiend has a speed of 3.7, maybe higher than that. Not sure.

Yes, just tested out with Broda, 3.7 sounds about right.

But still I reckon that if you want it to be slow. it should be half of a stick with one agi, closer to blob or BBB speed.