News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Video editing software

Started by Celson, November 21, 2010, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

Looking to download some decent video editing software. Did a search about it on google, but I don't trust the sources to much. But the Stick Online community I can trust.

What program would you guys recommend for editing videos?

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Yankyal

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 21, 2010, 10:17:13 PM
Sony Vegas Pro 10
Was just about to recommend this. Unless you want linkin park naruto amv quality, get this program.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Celson on November 21, 2010, 09:15:04 PM
Looking to download some decent video editing software. Did a search about it on google, but I don't trust the sources to much. But the Stick Online community I can trust.

What program would you guys recommend for editing videos?

What sort of editing are you gonna be doing? What sort of features do you want? Any other specifics?

Scotty

I had heard that VLC was going to start incorporating a video editor for free with it's player.  I don't know any details past that, though it would definitely be something worth considering if you don't have the budget to allow for Vegas Pro.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on November 22, 2010, 09:35:49 AM
I had heard that VLC was going to start incorporating a video editor for free with it's player.  I don't know any details past that, though it would definitely be something worth considering if you don't have the budget to allow for Vegas Pro.

Everybody has the budget for Sony Vegas Pro with uTorrent...but that's a different ball of wax.  ::)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Celson

I tried out Sony Vegas PRO 10. Really handy, lots of controls. Was all going good, complied my video. Watched it, all good. Then I check the file size of it... 942 mb...

The orginal file went for 50 minutes and was 180mb in size. The piece I cut out went for 4 minutes and 22 seconds. But it is 942 mb!? What the heck?

Turkey

You can compress the size of the video, I have made a couple 10 minuet videos that each when rendered from Sony Vegas were 15GBs.
When compressed using AVS Video Converter 6, it became 200MBs.

I can't really explain how to use it very well, So just wait for ARTgames to read this, he is the one that showed me.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Celson on November 23, 2010, 08:56:53 PM
I tried out Sony Vegas PRO 10. Really handy, lots of controls. Was all going good, complied my video. Watched it, all good. Then I check the file size of it... 942 mb...

The orginal file went for 50 minutes and was 180mb in size. The piece I cut out went for 4 minutes and 22 seconds. But it is 942 mb!? What the heck?

It all depends on the kind of compression you use. When exporting the product of your final video, you should have many options regarding how you want to compress and export it.

Scotty

Quote from: Celson on November 23, 2010, 08:56:53 PM

If you are taking a video that is originally 180Mb in size, and somehow increasing it to just short a Gb, and all you are doing is converting it, you are compressing it incorrectly, and you are needlessly trying to improve the image quality of a crappy (by comparison) video, which likely isn't doing anything for you.  Essentially, think of it like this.  Think of taking a picture that is 180x180 pixels, and stretching it to 1800x1800px and saving it.  It's 10x more distorted, and on or about 10x larger in file size (hypothetically), you aren't gaining anything by doing it like that, if anything, you are making it worse.