News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

All of you are completely insane

Started by Jake, November 23, 2010, 12:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

http://www.actualsanity.com/

Read it, live it. One of the most influential articles I've read in a long time, although I don't expect many of you to finish it.

Scotty

I'm sorry man, I pride myself on being able to read lengthy articles, but I have no patience to spend two hours reading something that after the 15 paragraphs I did read through, still didn't go anywhere.  There's nothing that can be that interesting.

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on November 23, 2010, 01:01:36 AM
I'm sorry man, I pride myself on being able to read lengthy articles, but I have no patience to spend two hours reading something that after the 15 paragraphs I did read through, still didn't go anywhere.  There's nothing that can be that interesting.
Thought you would have a little more patience than that. You should try to finish it when you get the time.

Lucifer

Yankyal

Quote from: Scotty on November 23, 2010, 01:01:36 AM
This. After reading about 2 pages down I began to skim through the rest. The author could have shortened that essay by a lot.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Scotty

I seriously had a good hour at work today that I didn't have anything on my plate as I waited for a 1.5Tb database backup to complete, and I STILL couldn't convince myself to read it all...  Seriously, I went in with full intent to prove Jake wrong and read it all... But I couldn't give a shit.

So I skipped about 2 paragraphs at a time.  Here's the cliff notes for everyone else but Jake.

Love one another, or else you're insane.

There, I just saved you a dry and boring 2 hour read where you'll be pulling your hair out by the end trying to figure out what in the !@#$ this self proclaimed prophet is failing at conveying.

Trogdor

Thanks for posting that Jake. Just wanted to let you know that it was a phenomenal read; a quintessential 'diamond in the rough' regarding the internet. I'll be sure to pass this along to my family and friends, although it's a shame it's so long. I guess the content itself wasn't a big enough deterrent!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Specialboy

Jake

Quote from: Trogdor on November 27, 2010, 02:46:01 PM
Thanks for posting that Jake. Just wanted to let you know that it was a phenomenal read; a quintessential 'diamond in the rough' regarding the internet. I'll be sure to pass this along to my family and friends, although it's a shame it's so long. I guess the content itself wasn't a big enough deterrent!
Awesome! Glad you were able to take the time to read it.

Quote from: Specialboy on November 28, 2010, 01:49:34 AM
This guy seems sort of smug.
You would be too if everybody around you was insane :p