News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

PVP Nerf

Started by Ceroblitz, November 22, 2010, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Quote from: Forum on November 23, 2010, 04:41:14 PM
I'd just like to make this phrase. "Fix it now otherwise it will get worse"

"Can't fix what isn't broken."

See, I can do it too.  'Cept mine is relevent.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Forum

Quote from: Chaos on November 23, 2010, 04:43:40 PM

"SO2 is long past the point of fixing" Meaning it would of needed fixing and was broken. So you failed.
Officially quitted

Celson

Quote from: Forum on November 23, 2010, 06:07:20 PM

"SO2 is long past the point of fixing" Meaning it would of needed fixing and was broken. So you failed.

That statement does not compute!

Forum

Quote from: Celson on November 23, 2010, 06:11:45 PM

Yes it does.
Officially quitted

Turkey

Quote from: Forum on November 23, 2010, 06:12:51 PM

Yes it does.
I don't understand what your trying to say either.

Forum

Quote from: Turkey on November 23, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
Quote from: Forum on November 23, 2010, 06:12:51 PM

Yes it does.
I don't understand what your trying to say either.
I was saying if you don't fix the edge that makes people better at pvp with drops it will just get worse. Chaos was saying you can't fix what is not broken but that doesn't even make sense when there is something broken.
Officially quitted

Chaos

See, I can do it too.  'Cept mine is relevent.

"SO2 is long past the point of fixing".  Meaning it is long past the point where it can be fixed.  That's the reason Meiun decided to make SO3.  So you failed.  -_-

You can't fix what isn't broken, aka, SO3, because it isn't even out yet.  It is impossible to have something 'broken' when it isn't even yet built.

If you read and comprehended my first post in the first place, we could have saved ourselves 7 pointless posts.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

The answer to this problem is that items are balanced. Basically exactly what Lucifer is saying. The solution is not to make all items worse when you use them in PVP. The solution is to have balanced items. If there are "strong" items, there are other "strong" items that people can use. When people go to PVP, they use those items. If both parties in the match are using well balanced items, then there's no need to nerf anything.

The idea of nerfing items so that everything is balanced in pvp is just ludicrous. That would make for a very bland and uninteresting game. Might as well go back to SO1 with no items or stats. Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch Punch!

BORED.

Forum

Quote from: Chaos on November 23, 2010, 06:48:49 PM

"SO2 is long past the point of fixing".  Meaning it is long past the point where it can be fixed.  That's the reason Meiun decided to make SO3.  So you failed.  -_-

You can't fix what isn't broken, aka, SO3, because it isn't even out yet.  It is impossible to have something 'broken' when it isn't even yet built.

If you read and comprehended my first post in the first place, we could have saved ourselves 7 pointless posts.
"SO2 is long past the point of fixing".  Meaning it is long past the point where it can be fixed.  That's the reason Meiun decided to make SO3.  So you failed.  -_-"

If we fix it now then it will stop getting worse yet we are still here making suggestions and ideas for SO2.

"You can't fix what isn't broken, aka, SO3, because it isn't even out yet.  It is impossible to have something 'broken' when it isn't even yet built."

We're talking about SO2 how dare you bring SO3 just so you had a response to what i said..

:DD:D
Officially quitted

Chaos

Quote from: Forum on November 23, 2010, 07:20:29 PM
Quote from: Chaos on November 23, 2010, 06:48:49 PM

"SO2 is long past the point of fixing".  Meaning it is long past the point where it can be fixed.  That's the reason Meiun decided to make SO3.  So you failed.  -_-"

If we fix it now then it will stop getting worse yet we are still here making suggestions and ideas for SO2.

"You can't fix what isn't broken, aka, SO3, because it isn't even out yet.  It is impossible to have something 'broken' when it isn't even yet built."

We're talking about SO2 how dare you bring SO3 just so you had a response to what i said..

:DD:D

SO2 is dead.  It is no longer supported, as Meiun has stated numerous times.  The 'fix' is starting over from scratch.  Thus, I am and have always been talking about SO3, which doesn't need to be fixed.  Yet.
Jake says:

CherryPie

Quote from: ARTgames on November 22, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
Seems like too much work for stick online two and In three who knows. maybe.

case pvpmode
{
when true:
player.hat.str = player.hat.str / 1.5;
player.hat.agi = player.hat.agi / 1.5;
player.hat.vit = player.hat.vit / 1.5;
player.hat.int = player.hat.int / 1.5;
break;
when false:
break;
}

So if that has been your idea, I don't see the work, sorry.

T-Rok

Your assuming he uses a switch statement for his inventory. I know personally I would never use a switch statement in my inventory as there is no usefulness to it, at least comparing it to what I do do. So I doubt he would in his.

ARTgames

Quote from: CherryPie on November 24, 2010, 04:34:44 AM

case pvpmode
{
when true:
break;
when false:
break;
}

(Your code really does not make sense btw. what language it that? It looks kinda like a switch statement.)

First you don't know how the item system works and whether or not If it lends it's self to easy change like that.

Second the main hard part is that your basically doubling the number of items in the game. And giving new stats and balancing every item in the game for its pvp/pve sounds like work to me.

And last, On top of that on a game that's no longer in main development. I rather him work on giving new stats to weapons on SO3 than make all new ones for SO2.

havok

Quote from: ARTgames on November 24, 2010, 11:41:57 AM

case pvpmode
{
when true:
break;
when false:
break;
}

(Your code really does not make sense btw. what language it that? It looks kinda like a switch statement.)

First you don't know how the item system works and whether or not If it lends it's self to easy change like that.

Second the main hard part is that your basically doubling the number of items in the game. And giving new stats and balancing every item in the game for its pvp/pve sounds like work to me.

And last, On top of that on a game that's no longer in main development. I rather him work on giving new stats to weapons on SO3 than make all new ones for SO2.

i think we was just typing to say little codes like that are not a lot of hard work. correct me if im wrong.

CherryPie

Quote from: havok on November 30, 2010, 04:01:32 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on November 24, 2010, 11:41:57 AM

case pvpmode
{
when true:
break;
when false:
break;
}

i think we was just typing to say little codes like that are not a lot of hard work. correct me if im wrong.
correct, and @art: what are you talking? No items do have to be physically doubled, like I showed in my example, the weapons can be dynamically modified when entering/leaving pvp mode. Of course all factor values do have to be changed and rebalanced, but that is the case if you just weaker the weps for all modes, too. What I am saying is, that I do not really like the whole idea, anyway.

I used the words case/when instead of switch/case to clearer, because I wanted everyone to understand my thought.