News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Saving Failed

Started by Draxx, December 18, 2010, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draxx

Why do I keep getting a saving failed  ???

Makes me worried if/when I actually get a nice drop that it won't save  :'(

11clock

Draxx

igufed

I had issues like that.  Figured out it was my router.  It had a setting called 'IP Flood detection'.  My problem went away when I disabled that.

Not sure if that will help in your case, but, that was my experience.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Freeforall

Quote from: Draxx on December 19, 2010, 01:41:21 AM
Quote from: 11clock on December 18, 2010, 06:17:47 PM
Bad connection?

But I have a 20mb/s connection  :-\
HOLY SHIZNITZ!!! I have a 3mb/s connection T_T

That's Texas for you :/

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on December 19, 2010, 03:35:50 AM
Bad connection?

HOLY SHIZNITZ!!! I have a 3mb/s connection T_T

That's Texas for you :/
lol Right there in your sig. xD

krele

I'd suggest fiddling with your router's settings first, yes...........

off topic:
@FFA:

Don't even consider whining... Look at my upload rate T_T

Freeforall

Quote from: krele on December 19, 2010, 11:40:47 AM
I'd suggest fiddling with your router's settings first, yes...........

off topic:
@FFA:

Don't even consider whining... Look at my upload rate T_T
Yeah but you have good ping. D:

CherryPie

Bad connection?

The problem of these kind of issues is not your bandwith, neither your ping, well at least not directly.
You are getting saving failed when the connection is interrupted for a set amount of time.

If you are connected via W-Lan to your router, you should try to use an ethernet cable instead and check if it's getting any better, if not, the problem is probably provider sided or at least not in your local area network, if that's the case you'll have to contact someone from your provider to fix the connection from your house to the next access point.

Draxx

Quote from: CherryPie on December 19, 2010, 04:01:46 PM
Bad connection?

The problem of these kind of issues is not your bandwith, neither your ping, well at least not directly.
You are getting saving failed when the connection is interrupted for a set amount of time.

If you are connected via W-Lan to your router, you should try to use an ethernet cable instead and check if it's getting any better, if not, the problem is probably provider sided or at least not in your local area network, if that's the case you'll have to contact someone from your provider to fix the connection from your house to the next access point.

Contact them about what?...

Anyhoo I'll check the router settings and see if there isn't something I can mess with.  I usually play from my laptop on the couch while my wife watches boring shows so it may be related to that (wireless causing too long of a delay causing a timeout).

CherryPie

Quote from: Draxx on December 20, 2010, 09:54:15 PM
Quote from: CherryPie on December 19, 2010, 04:01:46 PM
Bad connection?

Contact them about what?...

Anyhoo I'll check the router settings and see if there isn't something I can mess with.  I usually play from my laptop on the couch while my wife watches boring shows so it may be related to that (wireless causing too long of a delay causing a timeout).
Yup, that's probably the case, so if you do not want to switch to ethernet cable, you could try changing the wireless channel of your router (normally it is 6). Because 6 is default, it could produce timeouts due to interferences between your router and other wireless devices, you could change it to 1 or 11 to get a steadier connection.