News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Increased Spawn Caps

Started by Aqua, December 28, 2010, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Since most of SO accounts are high level, I think that it's time we had a monster count raise.
Something like 3 rockies on either side of mountain, 4 at top; 17 bandits at its main (as opposed to 13), 5 bandits at clubhouse (is 3). 8 cacti before temple (5). 7 skellies at flag (5); not sure how many at temple, but a few more wouldn't hurt. 20 monsters at wall, which is 13 now I think.
As I mentioned before in another topic, I think that the present drop rate should scale according to the number of players online, such as having 5 players will drop 3x more presents than having 1 player online.
~Aqua

CherryPie

I disagree with you. More monsters at once will produce more server workload.
The only thing that has to be done is a significant increase of the spawn rate for all monsters including presents.
It's okay if it's based on the amount of players online, but the base factor should be higher, I was hunting pressies with no one online but me, this morning & I only got 15 presents in 30mins :(

For understanding:
Current spawn rate: Base factor x * amount of players
My Desired spawn rate: x * 2,5 * amount of players

Epsilon72200

I've actually been wanting increased spawn caps for a while now, mainly the cacti area just left of the temple, the mountain, and the clubhouse. There's simply not enough.

Not sure what the effects on the server would be, but I assume it can't be too bad since whenever Meiun spawns ridiculous amounts of blobs and whatnot the game seems just fine.

And regarding the present thing, I guess the idea that their spawn rate should scale relative to the amount of players sounds about right. I just think the slasher drop rate is still a bit too low considering the amount of deluxes that have been opened so far, and lack of drops besides one person I know of.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

Jiggy

I would say Snowmen need to spawn more if anything. I haven't seen one besides a few that Meiun spawned himself and I've played a lot since the holdiday update.

havok

maybe the rds and bandits but the rest of the map is fine.

but this is just to donors server you all have to keep this in mind. Its just here for use to play till v3 comes out, its not permanent and the more changes and time he puts in the donors server, The less he is in v3. So everyone will be waiting that much longer. I think you all see the points im getting at here tho.

Yankyal

Quote from: havok on December 29, 2010, 02:54:38 AM
maybe the rds and bandits but the rest of the map is fine.

but this is just to donors server you all have to keep this in mind. Its just here for use to play till v3 comes out, its not permanent and the more changes and time he puts in the donors server, The less he is in v3. So everyone will be waiting that much longer. I think you all see the points im getting at here tho.
Agreed, this board is for suggestions for V3, not V2. This wouldn't work on V3 anyways since a lot more people will be playing and there will be more low level accounts, the extra spawn cap would make it very difficult for them to level.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Lingus

At this point, seeing as how meiun has made several somewhat minor changes to the current version, i don't think it's really valid to say that the suggestion section is only for v2. Certainly, it seems if the suggestion is not of a major scope, that Meiun may being willing to take it into consideration. That said, I wouldn't necessarily say that you should be expecting him to make all of these minor changes either. But, i really don't see the harm in asking for something like increased spawns on the current version.