News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How the Monsters Stole Christmas

Started by 11clock, December 28, 2010, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Alright, presents only drop out of the sky. This causes a lot of people to run around the map in search of presents. This is very tedious and boring, so I thought of a way to make present hunting more fun and enjoyable.

Presents can still occasionally fall out of the sky, but I would love it if monsters also sometimes drop them. The stronger the monster is, the higher the drop chance of a present or deluxe present. This gives an alternate solution for the low agility players. Killing monsters for presents is also more awarding.

Celson

Shouldn't be to hard to code and low agility players get a better chance of opening presents. I like it  ;)

Jiggy

Not a horrible idea. Low agi people can't really complain though, they choose where to add their stat points.

Draxx

Quote from: Jiggy on December 28, 2010, 11:51:22 PM
Not a horrible idea. Low agi people can't really complain though, they choose where to add their stat points.

Not us lvl 14 low agi people  :P

Titan

I realize that, but its annoying that people with 40+ agi profit most from these events.

I haven't even seen a deluxe present yet.
Livin' in a lonely world.

igufed

I'm fine with higher AGIs having more of an advantage during the xmas event.  Like Jiggy said, you are the one not putting anything into AGI.

It is the one time of the year where they have a major advantage.. They most likely don't have much vit or str, so, fighting an SG to get a deluxe present item is more difficult for them.

And anyways, I don't mind them getting good items, because I'm still not threatened by them in pvp.  40+ AGI in pvp?  They won't last too long.  And that's what this game is about, in my opinion.  You get items to help you in pvp. 

So, high AGIs, go for it.. rub it in the low agi levels face that you've gotten 30+ deluxes.. ;)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

king

Quote from: igufed on December 29, 2010, 01:00:30 AM
So, high AGIs, go for it.. rub it in the low agi levels face that you've gotten 30+ deluxes.. ;)

well just remember higher the agi...lower there vit and str is...

havok

i like the idea for the low agi accs, but then isnt that the point in it to run around the map and hope you get lucky.

great idea tho :P

Lucifer

I like the idea, very unique, +kudos to you sir. I'd say they should only drop from boss monsters, I dunno just makes more sense.

Mr Pwnage

Us Agi people like our holiday advantages over you tanks..........
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Quote from: Titan on December 29, 2010, 12:52:56 AM
I realize that, but its annoying that people with 40+ agi profit most from these events.

I haven't even seen a deluxe present yet.
I havent seen a PRESENT yet, and i was on for about 4 hours straight....

Yankyal

Quote from: Lucifer on December 29, 2010, 03:13:35 AM
I like the idea, very unique, +kudos to you sir. I'd say they should only drop from boss monsters, I dunno just makes more sense.
Really? This hasn't been presented before? It's a wonderful idea too.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 29, 2010, 04:24:52 AM
I concur. Even though I have lower AGI than most people zooming around the map(31 AGI), I still racked up 15 deluxes hunting over the course of a few days. 4 Santa Hats were all that I got.  :( If you're dedicated to the hunt, it's just like trying to grind(with no gold or EXP boost), except slightly less boring and aggravating in my opinion.

Low agility players have the Snowman as an alternate solution to this already. Snowball and Great Sword are decent drops.

In a nutshell, don't go whining when you ignore/put in less of a stat, call it 'useless'/'near useless', and try to take away one of the only benefits it can give us.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

11clock

Quote from: Mystery on December 29, 2010, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 29, 2010, 04:24:52 AM
I concur. Even though I have lower AGI than most people zooming around the map(31 AGI), I still racked up 15 deluxes hunting over the course of a few days. 4 Santa Hats were all that I got.  :( If you're dedicated to the hunt, it's just like trying to grind(with no gold or EXP boost), except slightly less boring and aggravating in my opinion.

Low agility players have the Snowman as an alternate solution to this already. Snowball and Great Sword are decent drops.

In a nutshell, don't go whining when you ignore/put in less of a stat, call it 'useless'/'near useless', and try to take away one of the only benefits it can give us.

Not if you already have Snowball and Great Sword.

Forum

I agree with deluxes as drops from monsters. But man so what if a player decides to have low agility thats what they have chosen and should have a fair chance with ppl with higher agi because now only high agi are getting deluxe and their only a fun account..
Officially quitted