News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Softcap on drop rates

Started by Prosper, January 02, 2011, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on January 02, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
The issue would be implementing a way to keep track of your monster kills.
I don't see how that would be an issue. I could be misunderstanding.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mystery on January 02, 2011, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: krele on January 02, 2011, 06:53:02 PM
Quote from: Mystery on January 02, 2011, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 02, 2011, 06:11:34 PM
Quote from: Mystery on January 02, 2011, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 02, 2011, 04:48:45 PM
If you couldn't obtain duplicates, you wouldn't be able to sell to NPCs, hurting economy.
Can't hurt what you don't have.
Talking about v3.
How do you know he was talking about v3?

If it WAS intended for v3, I think that the softcap should go away(for the particular item)after you have one or more of said item in your inventory.

Because he said it himself?...
I read the entire topic multiple times, and after finding no signs of that being said by Prosper, yet even being IMPLIED, I'm not inclined to believe you.
It was supposed to be adding on to what Cherrypie said.

Lingus

This would be good if it reset after you log out or possibly after a certain period of time (although, that would probably be more difficult to code?) I don't agree with a long standing increase on drop rates from a given monster. And I certainly don't agree with it being based on inventory. It should simply increase as Prosper defined and then reset when you log out. It should not reset when you get an item. If you continue to kill monsters, you should continue to receive the increased rate.

The problem I see with that is creating a scenario where people don't ever want to log out, and they just continue to kill monsters until they pass out and die.

Lucifer

Cherry already established why this shouldn't be a suggestion for SOv2. Besides, unless otherwise stated, all suggestions in this forum should be directed towards SOv3, considering SOv2 is no longer in production. As for SOv3, none of us know what Meiun has planned, and we shouldn't hold any assumptions that everything in SOv2 will transfer over with merely a graphical update.

I like Lingus's idea, would promote activity, and grindfests! That's always fun.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on January 02, 2011, 08:22:22 PM
Cherry already established why this shouldn't be a suggestion for SOv2. Besides, unless otherwise stated, all suggestions in this forum should be directed towards SOv3, considering SOv2 is no longer in production. As for SOv3, none of us know what Meiun has planned, and we shouldn't hold any assumptions that everything in SOv2 will transfer over with merely a graphical update.

I like Lingus's idea, would promote activity, and grindfests! That's always fun.
Although, as I just posted in another topic, that's not always necessarily true. But in this case I agree. It's too big of a change to make for the current version. I think this would be good for v3 though.

Lucifer

Quote from: Lingus on January 02, 2011, 08:33:08 PM

Although, as I just posted in another topic, that's not always necessarily true. But in this case I agree. It's too big of a change to make for the current version. I think this would be good for v3 though.
Er, I don't mean to imply that there should be no suggestions for SOv2, by all means do so, I only said that unless otherwise stated, it should be implied that suggestions are meant for SOv3, which was pointed at Mystery.

Celson

Whether this is implemented into V2 or V3 does not worry me. As long as it's implemented, then I'm happy.

I am sick and tired of disappointment. I've killed at least 300 BAs, roughly 100 RBs, roughly 75 ds, at least 400 sand fiends and roughly 25 SGs. What do I have to show for all this hard work? Great sword, Green Beret, Black bunny ears and Dragoon Helmet. Great sword is obsolete due to IS and BBE is obsolete due to BC. And I'm not the only one either. Look at foG for example, he's in the same boat as me. The only good items he has is DH a GB (Not including his LSB and crown since they were obtained due to tournaments which isn't luck related). And then you got Seifer.... He's the worst of all of us. Who knows how many BAs he killed? Atleast a 1000 BAs. And as far as I know, he hasn't got BC or spire dagger yet.

It's gone on for too long. And V3 definitely must not make obtaining items purely luck based. Cause some people are being screwed over for all there hard work.

This soft cap idea would be perfect, it would be my saving grace. I really do urge Meiun to implement this(or something similar) to V2/V3. It would reduce the amount of newbs getting all these fluke luck drops, and would increase the amount of drops given to the players who are really working hard.

(My apologies for the 'whining', I just needed to point out how bad pure luck based dropping can get)

Mystery

Quote from: Celson on January 02, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
Whether this is implemented into V2 or V3 does not worry me. As long as it's implemented, then I'm happy.

I am sick and tired of disappointment. I've killed at least 300 BAs, roughly 100 RBs, roughly 75 ds, at least 400 sand fiends and roughly 25 SGs. What do I have to show for all this hard work? Great sword, Green Beret, Black bunny ears and Dragoon Helmet. Great sword is obsolete due to IS and BBE is obsolete due to BC. And I'm not the only one either. Look at foG for example, he's in the same boat as me. The only good items he has is DH a GB (Not including his LSB and crown since they were obtained due to tournaments which isn't luck related). And then you got Seifer.... He's the worst of all of us. Who knows how many BAs he killed? Atleast a 1000 BAs. And as far as I know, he hasn't got BC or spire dagger yet.

It's gone on for too long. And V3 definitely must not make obtaining items purely luck based. Cause some people are being screwed over for all there hard work.

This soft cap idea would be perfect, it would be my saving grace. I really do urge Meiun to implement this(or something similar) to V2/V3. It would reduce the amount of newbs getting all these fluke luck drops, and would increase the amount of drops given to the players who are really working hard.

(My apologies for the 'whining', I just needed to point out how bad pure luck based dropping can get)
foG has GS, which is decent. Also, moi has Dragoon Helmet(incompatible with build), Green Beret(wasn't originally wanted), Fedora(no complaints here, Fedora is win), and Stone Hammer(wasn't originally wanted either). My DKH and Spire keep eluding me. :(

Quote from: Lucifer on January 02, 2011, 09:06:43 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 02, 2011, 08:33:08 PM

Er, I don't mean to imply that there should be no suggestions for SOv2, by all means do so, I only said that unless otherwise stated, it should be implied that suggestions are meant for SOv3, which was pointed at Mystery.
That shouldn't be the case all the time, necessarily. There's a good amount of suggestions on this board for both SOv3 and SOv2.

Also, in case it wasn't obvious, I support this.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Prosper

As the section I posted this in was named : "Ideas & Suggestions". I did not intend this to be for Stick online version 2 or 3 specific. Its just another thought thrown in the bucket for the dev team to pick out if they think it makes any sense at all. If the idea is worthy, they shall decide whether it suits version 2 or 3 better.