News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How the Monsters Stole Christmas

Started by 11clock, December 28, 2010, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

Quote from: Forum on December 30, 2010, 12:58:58 AM
But man so what if a player decides to have low agility thats what they have chosen and should have a fair chance with ppl with higher agi because now only high agi are getting deluxe and their only a fun account..

"Because now only high agi are getting deluxe?"  What do you mean "now?"  High AGIs have always gotten more presents, this isn't new.  And, it isn't unfair.  Get over it.

Why has this place turned into a big cryfest about everything? 
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Yankyal

Quote from: igufed on December 30, 2010, 01:12:12 AM
But man so what if a player decides to have low agility thats what they have chosen and should have a fair chance with ppl with higher agi because now only high agi are getting deluxe and their only a fun account..

"Because now only high agi are getting deluxe?"  What do you mean "now?"  High AGIs have always gotten more presents, this isn't new.  And, it isn't unfair.  Get over it.

Maybe because you have to pay to play now? Someone with low AGI is !@#$ed over on holidays and they're missing out on part of the game, it's not like they can just change their stats or make a new account.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

igufed

Quote from: Yankyal on December 30, 2010, 01:47:01 AM
Maybe because you have to pay to play now? Someone with low AGI is !@#$ed over on holidays and they're missing out on part of the game, it's not like they can just change their stats or make a new account.

They are not being screwed over.  They are not missing out on anything.  They can still take part in the festivities, correct?

And donating to be given access to this server has nothing to do with anything that everyone has been crying about recently..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on December 30, 2010, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: Mystery on December 29, 2010, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 29, 2010, 04:24:52 AM
Us Agi people like our holiday advantages over you tanks..........
I concur. Even though I have lower AGI than most people zooming around the map(31 AGI), I still racked up 15 deluxes hunting over the course of a few days. 4 Santa Hats were all that I got.  :( If you're dedicated to the hunt, it's just like trying to grind(with no gold or EXP boost), except slightly less boring and aggravating in my opinion.

Low agility players have the Snowman as an alternate solution to this already. Snowball and Great Sword are decent drops.

In a nutshell, don't go whining when you ignore/put in less of a stat, call it 'useless'/'near useless', and try to take away one of the only benefits it can give us.

Not if you already have Snowball and Great Sword.
If you're one of the lucky few who already have Snowball and Great Sword(and I know for a fact you also have Fedora and Green Beret), then I'd say you're pretty well off already. Besides, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get Deluxes, just get on when no one else is hunting and take a systematic approach.

It's a tradeoff. They CHOSE to have low AGI, which means less presents at Christmas time. It's one of the few benefits AGI gives us. In return, they get more points into VIT and STR. Like I said previously, low AGI people have Snowman. ALSO like I said previously, it's not impossible for low AGIs to get presents, just much harder.

TL;DR, you chose to have low AGI, which means few presents at Christmas time, but more points into better PVP stats. It's called a tradeoff. Deal with it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Draxx

Quote from: Mystery on December 30, 2010, 09:56:55 AM
I concur. Even though I have lower AGI than most people zooming around the map(31 AGI), I still racked up 15 deluxes hunting over the course of a few days. 4 Santa Hats were all that I got.  :( If you're dedicated to the hunt, it's just like trying to grind(with no gold or EXP boost), except slightly less boring and aggravating in my opinion.

Low agility players have the Snowman as an alternate solution to this already. Snowball and Great Sword are decent drops.

In a nutshell, don't go whining when you ignore/put in less of a stat, call it 'useless'/'near useless', and try to take away one of the only benefits it can give us.

If you're one of the lucky few who already have Snowball and Great Sword(and I know for a fact you also have Fedora and Green Beret), then I'd say you're pretty well off already. Besides, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get Deluxes, just get on when no one else is hunting and take a systematic approach.

It's a tradeoff. They CHOSE to have low AGI, which means less presents at Christmas time. It's one of the few benefits AGI gives us. In return, they get more points into VIT and STR. Like I said previously, low AGI people have Snowman. ALSO like I said previously, it's not impossible for low AGIs to get presents, just much harder.

TL;DR, you chose to have low AGI, which means few presents at Christmas time, but more points into better PVP stats. It's called a tradeoff. Deal with it.

I didn't choose to have low AGI.

Turkey

Quote from: Draxx on December 30, 2010, 08:43:52 PM

I didn't choose to have low AGI.
Well, you didn't choose to have high AGI.

ARTgames

@Draxx
You have low agi because your a low level right? Well the people who have higher agi have played longer and did there work for that agi. They have put more work into the game than you did. Why would it be fair for you both to be nerfd to the same level? How would you feel the other way around?

The presents are random. Its not like you have any less of a chance just that they have more because of the land they cover over time. Unless they are following you around. That's mean.

As for the idea I would like it if we had common xmiss only monsters. Like santa claus monsters that some time's drop presents.

Draxx

Quote from: ARTgames on December 30, 2010, 09:13:44 PM
@Draxx
You have low agi because your a low level right? Well the people who have higher agi have played longer and did there work for that agi. They have put more work into the game than you did. Why would it be fair for you both to be nerfd to the same level? How would you feel the other way around?

The presents are random. Its not like you have any less of a chance just that they have more because of the land they cover over time. Unless they are following you around. That's mean.

As for the idea I would like it if we had common xmiss only monsters. Like santa claus monsters that some time's drop presents.

I never stated a nerf or change was necessary.  Just saying people keep saying people choose to have low AGI and I didn't.

Personally, although I'm envious of the high AGI people I don't cry nerf or change.  I believe the system works as is and no change is necessary.

I got 15 or so normal presents and even being only lvl 14 I managed to get 1 deluxe present so wth are people whining about?  Being as slow as I am for w/e reason (low level or low AGI) I didn't expect to get a deluxe present and was very happy when I did even though it was all gold.

ARTgames

Snakeman

I have 20 agi and have been able to gather all the items from presents. (sans deluxe presents because I'm unlucky as dicks and can't be arsed.)

Even if the high agis have "an advantage over most", I'm surprised nobody pointed out that they can speed past a slow person, and, say, once they disappear a present can drop right out of the sky in front of a slow person.

The only advantage high agi people have over low in terms of presents is being able to outrun a slow guy and steal a present that they both saw. This is, of course, an asshole move, but most trolls have high agi accounts these days.

But, yeah. Not even that bad. Let them have their fun, then return to destroying any chance of them ever getting far in a tournament. Easy.

Forum

I have 200 agility and i get all the presents or deluxes even if they fall into the water and i'm also 20 vit so it doesn't matter there should just be a big boss that looks like jesus to kill k and it drops bubbles that drop the bubble gun.
Officially quitted

Yankyal

No matter what stats you have, you will be missing out on some other stats. You may have low agi, low int, low str, anything, and you will be missing out on the experience of specializing in any stats because unless you put in another $10, the stats you get are the ONLY ONES you will have. That's why they're complaining. Back when it was free, people would have accounts specifically for agi, int, tanking, damage, etc and could experience all kinds of builds.

On most pay to play games you can make multiple characters, but on this it's 1 character per $10, so people are obviously going to complain about whatever they don't have.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mystery

Quote from: Yankyal on January 02, 2011, 10:44:33 AM

No matter what stats you have, you will be missing out on some other stats. You may have low agi, low int, low str, anything, and you will be missing out on the experience of specializing in any stats because unless you put in another $10, the stats you get are the ONLY ONES you will have. That's why they're complaining. Back when it was free, people would have accounts specifically for agi, int, tanking, damage, etc and could experience all kinds of builds.

On most pay to play games you can make multiple characters, but on this it's 1 character per $10, so people are obviously going to complain about whatever they don't have.
There's no solution to that, and it's not like it's impossible to donate for a new account. It's just $10. If people are whining this much about it, either make a new, faster account, keep trying with your slow account, or shut the !@#$ up.

Believe it or not, some dedicated people actually DID chip in money to make many variations of accounts and experience everything.

I'm not advocating donating/not donating at all as the only solution, I'm just saying if you want as many presents as the ridiculous +50 AGIs, that's a good way to go about it. Fast accounts get more presents.

In addition to that, Deluxe hunting isn't all it's cracked up to be. Lots of the people I see complaining here or wanting it to be easier have very decent inventories already, and throughout my entire Deluxe hunt, I've only gotten Santa Hats. The ONLY person this year who got a Slasher(which is obviously what everyone wants) is HavoK. It's luck of the draw. Nothing to it but to keep trying. And don't whine so much you burst everyone's eardrums.

...And this is coming from ME, a person who frequently(all TOO frequently, I admit) complains about unluckiness. The people HERE complaining are well off enough.

EDIT: There's really nothing more to be said here, so I'll leave this topic alone now..
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Yankyal on January 02, 2011, 10:44:33 AM

No matter what stats you have, you will be missing out on some other stats.
Well that's the point of stats.
stats because unless you put in another $10, the stats you get are the ONLY ONES you will have. That's why they're complaining. Back when it was free, people would have accounts specifically for agi, int, tanking, damage, etc and could experience all kinds of builds.
So its the game's fault that they don't want to pay. <_<