News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How the Monsters Stole Christmas

Started by 11clock, December 28, 2010, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

Quote from: Mystery on January 02, 2011, 12:13:11 PM
There's no solution to that, and it's not like it's impossible to donate for a new account. It's just $10. If people are whining this much about it, either make a new, faster account, keep trying with your slow account, or shut the !@#$ up.

Believe it or not, some dedicated people actually DID chip in money to make many variations of accounts and experience everything.

I'm not advocating donating/not donating at all as the only solution, I'm just saying if you want as many presents as the ridiculous +50 AGIs, that's a good way to go about it. Fast accounts get more presents.

In addition to that, Deluxe hunting isn't all it's cracked up to be. Lots of the people I see complaining here or wanting it to be easier have very decent inventories already, and throughout my entire Deluxe hunt, I've only gotten Santa Hats. The ONLY person this year who got a Slasher(which is obviously what everyone wants) is HavoK. It's luck of the draw. Nothing to it but to keep trying. And don't whine so much you burst everyone's eardrums.

...And this is coming from ME, a person who frequently(all TOO frequently, I admit) complains about unluckiness. The people HERE complaining are well off enough.

EDIT: There's really nothing more to be said here, so I'll leave this topic alone now..
A perfectly balanced game WOULD have a solution to that, if you make it so all specialties have a good chance at having everything, people wouldn't complain about it. Obviously that is very hard to do, and I've yet to play a game that balanced, but once again most games have multiple characters to try out several builds. Imagine if something like WoW gave you only ONE character with unchangeable stats or class? It'd be the same situation there. I'm not saying it's good to complain, but I'm just trying to explain why people are complaining at all.

Well that's the point of stats.
Yeah, but you can't change them so you can't test out builds and you're stuck with whatever you get.
So its the game's fault that they don't want to pay. <_<
Where was this implied?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

ARTgames

Well that's the point of stats.
Yeah, but you can't change them so you can't test out builds and you're stuck with whatever you get.
[/quote]
Once more, the point of stats.

Quote from: Yankyal on January 03, 2011, 05:52:51 AM
So its the game's fault that they don't want to pay. <_<
Where was this implied?
I was more getting at the people you were referring to than you your self. sorry for the confusion.

Yankyal

Quote from: ARTgames on January 03, 2011, 02:17:57 PM
Once more, the point of stats.
Stats are definitely not meant to be unchangeable and untestable final details on your character....

Name any game in which only 1 character is allowed to be made and the stats you choose the FIRST TIME for that character is what you have to stick with whenever you play said game?

ARTgames

Well this game does allow you to have more than one character as many people here do have more than one. Its for a price and if it should be that way or not is another topic by it's self. But its false to say that its imposable.

And there are many games that stats are unchangeable, I cant think of may games ware you can to tell you the truth. Hell most rpg's dont even let you apply them as they apply them self's. Can you tell me any that do let you?

Yankyal

Quote from: ARTgames on January 03, 2011, 03:41:59 PM
Well this game does allow you to have more than one character as many people here do have more than one. Its for a price and if it should be that way or not is another topic by it's self. But its false to say that its imposable.

And there are many games that stats are unchangeable, I cant think of may games ware you can to tell you the truth. Hell most rpg's dont even let you apply them as they apply them self's. Can you tell me any that do let you?
Sigh, it's impossible without putting in another $10.

I didn't ask for many games, I asked for a single game like that.

Mystery

Quote from: Yankyal on January 03, 2011, 08:12:51 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on January 03, 2011, 03:41:59 PM

Then put in the $10 and stop your whining.

I'm not commenting on my other points as to why this is fine the way it is, even mentioning that this topic is well off enough already without your complaining, as any logical comments seem to go over your head(I've stated NUMEROUS times why this is fine, other did too, but you completely ignored all said comments, said solution is paying, but apparently that's as difficult as cold fusion).

The only reason I'm bothering commenting on this topic at all at this point is because I don't want this to end in yet ANOTHER topic lock.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

QuoteName any game in which only 1 character is allowed to be made and the stats you choose the FIRST TIME for that character is what you have to stick with whenever you play said game?
Well with both those parameter's non. Not even this one. Since you can make more than one character and has bin done before.

We have gotten no ware. The point is still the same.  Stats system are for the most part permanent except for upgrades or buff's etc. Like in Fallout, Pokemon, Wow, Chrono Trigger, etc.

The only thing I'm trying to prove here to you is there nothing wrong with the stat's system and its quite standard for the most part.

QuoteSigh, it's impossible without putting in another $10.
Which lucky people can put in another $10. And have done so many time's. Non the less as I said before:
QuoteIts for a price and if it should be that way or not is another topic by it's self.

In other words this is not the place to discuses if other accounts should be made for free. I'm not saying I agree or disagree. Just not this place.

RayRay

Quote from: Mystery on January 03, 2011, 08:27:58 PM
...Ok, that is it. You are NOT thinking this through. I am trying to get this through you but you just won't listen, so I'm just gonna pull straight to it. What if there is something else you want more than just another account, yet if you got another account, you couldn't get what you really wanted? What if you couldn't get another $10 in the first place? You need to stop acting like everyone can just get what they want at anytime...

Mystery

Quote from: RayRay on January 03, 2011, 09:49:38 PM
Quote from: Mystery on January 03, 2011, 08:27:58 PM
...Ok, that is it. You are NOT thinking this through. I am trying to get this through you but you just won't listen, so I'm just gonna pull straight to it. What if there is something else you want more than just another account, yet if you got another account, you couldn't get what you really wanted? What if you couldn't get another $10 in the first place? You need to stop acting like everyone can just get what they want at anytime...
You haven't said a darn thing throughout the ENTIRE topic, and if you're really trying to 'get things through to me', don't make your posts as unclear as fog in Newfoundland. If that's your attempt at making things clear, I'd hate to see you trying to hide things.

If you couldn't get another $10, then you don't get another account. Think things through in the first place so you don't have to donate again, if it's that big of a deal.

All stats have TRADEOFFS. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE PUTTING IN STATS. Getting more presents is a tradeoff of having more AGI.

And like I've SAID BEFORE, it's NOT impossible for low AGIs to get presents. Work at it.

I have nothing more to say since it's clear I'm wasting my time replying to you two who are too thickheaded to digest what I'm saying, and all I'm doing is repeating myself.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

I browse these forums and I get so confused sometimes. While I read through this topic, I don't feel a friendly aura inviting me to share my own ideas, I feel an angry presence that will pick apart and squash my comments. I ask myself, is there any logical reason to add a hostile tone to your words? Is there any purpose served by arguing semantics, picking apart each other's sentences like rebellions that must be crushed? This is a forum, not a shout box, as I'm sure you all know, yet I get the feeling that nobody truly understands that you have all the time in the world to think, and double that time to act. Take advantage of this. Nobody is sitting there waiting for you to come piss on their parade, and I'm confused as to why people seemingly believe doing so is efficient.

The sad thing is I don't think most people even realize what they're doing. If anything I say sticks, let it be this. This isn't a contest over who can make the most witty comeback, this is a community, where every member effects the whole and in doing so carries responsibility unto themselves to at least try to promote a friendly environment.

If you haven't already, please take a minute to read Scotty's Why forum etiquette is essential to Stick Online.

Lingus

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the original suggestion. Any game that has a stat system and/or game mechanic that rewards people for maxing out a single stat is essentially broken. That is the opposite of balance. If you allow people with many different stat combinations many different ways of achieving similar goals, then you have balance. This suggestion would be a step in the right direction...

To be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.

Yankyal

Quote from: ARTgames on January 03, 2011, 08:37:15 PM
QuoteName any game in which only 1 character is allowed to be made and the stats you choose the FIRST TIME for that character is what you have to stick with whenever you play said game?
Well with both those parameter's non. Not even this one. Since you can make more than one character and has bin done before.

We have gotten no ware. The point is still the same.  Stats system are for the most part permanent except for upgrades or buff's etc. Like in Fallout, Pokemon, Wow, Chrono Trigger, etc.

The only thing I'm trying to prove here to you is there nothing wrong with the stat's system and its quite standard for the most part.

Which lucky people can put in another $10. And have done so many time's. Non the less as I said before:
QuoteIts for a price and if it should be that way or not is another topic by it's self.

In other words this is not the place to discuses if other accounts should be made for free. I'm not saying I agree or disagree. Just not this place.
This isn't about accounts being free, it's whether the presents should be balanced out so people who didn't choose high agi can also get presents...

Also, you can create multiple characters in fallout and WoW without paying again, you can make a new save game in Pokemon and chrono trigger without paying again, so NONE are examples. People are complaining that high agi people have trouble getting deluxe presents, and since people can't make new characters or change stats, they have to deal with what they have or pay again. Not everyone can just give out $10 whenever they want so of course they'll have to change the game to fit their build. In V3, there will be less complaining since people can make accounts to try out all sorts of things.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AMTo be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.
Its the other way around really. People without agi are complain that they aren't getting deluxe because of these people. The height agi people aren't complaining at all. I agree that not one stat point should have all the advantage but that's not what really is going on here.

QuoteThis isn't about accounts being free, it's whether the presents should be balanced out so people who didn't choose high agi can also get presents...

Also, you can create multiple characters in fallout and WoW without paying again, you can make a new save game in Pokemon and chrono trigger without paying again, so NONE are examples. People are complaining that high agi people have trouble getting deluxe presents, and since people can't make new characters or change stats, they have to deal with what they have or pay again. Not everyone can just give out $10 whenever they want so of course they'll have to change the game to fit their build. In V3, there will be less complaining since people can make accounts to try out all sorts of things.

Your contradicting your self. How can this not be about "about accounts being free" and "they have to deal with what they have or pay again"?  How?  You say this is about "t's whether the presents should be balanced out" when in every post you complain about it being for a price.

QuoteNo matter what stats you have, you will be missing out on some other stats. You may have low agi, low int, low str, anything, and you will be missing out on the experience of specializing in any stats because unless you put in another $10, the stats you get are the ONLY ONES you will have. That's why they're complaining. Back when it was free, people would have accounts specifically for agi, int, tanking, damage, etc and could experience all kinds of builds.

QuoteNot everyone can just give out $10 whenever they want so of course they'll have to change the game to fit their build. In V3, there will be less complaining since people can make accounts to try out all sorts of things.

People can get another try but for a price. And that right there is what you say is part of the problem people are having. And as I said before this is not the place to discuss this.

QuoteI browse these forums and I get so confused sometimes. While I read through this topic, I don't feel a friendly aura inviting me to share my own ideas, I feel an angry presence that will pick apart and squash my comments. I ask myself, is there any logical reason to add a hostile tone to your words? Is there any purpose served by arguing semantics, picking apart each other's sentences like rebellions that must be crushed? This is a forum, not a shout box, as I'm sure you all know, yet I get the feeling that nobody truly understands that you have all the time in the world to think, and double that time to act. Take advantage of this. Nobody is sitting there waiting for you to come piss on their parade, and I'm confused as to why people seemingly believe doing so is efficient.

The sad thing is I don't think most people even realize what they're doing. If anything I say sticks, let it be this. This isn't a contest over who can make the most witty comeback, this is a community, where every member effects the whole and in doing so carries responsibility unto themselves to at least try to promote a friendly environment.
I do do not speak any harsh or bad words. I never yell or call people bad name's. I will never claim some one idea is bad or stupid for no reason. I debate, I don't argue. And I dislike it when its an argument just because two people don't agree. I'm speaking for myself and not Mystery. But thank you.

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the original suggestion. Any game that has a stat system and/or game mechanic that rewards people for maxing out a single stat is essentially broken. That is the opposite of balance. If you allow people with many different stat combinations many different ways of achieving similar goals, then you have balance. This suggestion would be a step in the right direction...

To be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.

That's actually why I DON'T agree with the original suggestion and believe it should remain as is.  The people who ARE complaining about this are the people who put all their points into STR and/or VIT while ignoring AGI and INT as 'useless' stats.  Now they're paying the price.  Which is funny, because it isn't even that HIGH of a price, as it BARELY detracts from their ability to get presents.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Chaos on January 04, 2011, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AM

That's actually why I DON'T agree with the original suggestion and believe it should remain as is.  The people who ARE complaining about this are the people who put all their points into STR and/or VIT while ignoring AGI and INT as 'useless' stats.  Now they're paying the price.  Which is funny, because it isn't even that HIGH of a price, as it BARELY detracts from their ability to get presents.

It only takes away from presents which spawned prior to the person being there. There is mostly more than one person searching at any given time which makes it even less effective to continuously go to the end of the map, respawn and then run back, it's quite tedious too.