News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How the Monsters Stole Christmas

Started by 11clock, December 28, 2010, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Everything i have to say is. Account Name: So-Crappy, amount of agi: 10, total presents opened today: 18, Amount of dux: 4.

ARTgames

I think its agreed apron by a majority that this is not really a problem. If you think other wise express why.

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on January 04, 2011, 08:31:06 AM
I do do not speak any harsh or bad words. I never yell or call people bad name's. I will never claim some one idea is bad or stupid for no reason. I debate, I don't argue. And I dislike it when its an argument just because two people don't agree. I'm speaking for myself and not Mystery. But thank you.
...Just for clarification, I was irritated because I was having to repeat myself numerous times to Yankyal, who didn't seem to be digesting what I was saying at all, rather, he seemed to be cherry-picking my reasons for thinking why this is fine the way it is and arguing semantics. I gave up because it was pointless, and I think the general consensus now anyway is that it's fine the way it is. Having RayRay single me out for no reason like he usually does didn't help either. I apologize if anyone was offended, although I don't think I was hostile.

Also, I have to agree with ART, 2 people disagreeing isn't always an argument. This was a debate to see the reasoning on both sides of wanting/not wanting something like this.

I feel that the topic achieved what it was made for.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

It's fine man. Its just that I did not want to say anything about you because I did not really read your post's but skimmed threw them and had no idea what you were saying in terms of tone.

Lingus

Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AMTo be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.
Its the other way around really. People without agi are complain that they aren't getting deluxe because of these people. The height agi people aren't complaining at all. I agree that not one stat point should have all the advantage but that's not what really is going on here.
Quote from: Chaos on January 04, 2011, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the original suggestion. Any game that has a stat system and/or game mechanic that rewards people for maxing out a single stat is essentially broken. That is the opposite of balance. If you allow people with many different stat combinations many different ways of achieving similar goals, then you have balance. This suggestion would be a step in the right direction...

To be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.

That's actually why I DON'T agree with the original suggestion and believe it should remain as is.  The people who ARE complaining about this are the people who put all their points into STR and/or VIT while ignoring AGI and INT as 'useless' stats.  Now they're paying the price.  Which is funny, because it isn't even that HIGH of a price, as it BARELY detracts from their ability to get presents.
I should clarify. I meant the people complaining in this topic. Not in general. It seems like people in this topic are saying they don't like this idea simply because they have high agi and they don't want their only benefit over other stat builds to be taken away. And it may just be a couple of posts that I was picking out, so maybe I'm wrong. In any case, I think it makes sense as I have pointed out. Giving an additional way to get presents would make the game MORE balanced. Not less. People with high agi would still be able to run around grabbing the presents that fall. But people with lower agi would be able to kill monsters to get them.

I think in this case, you shouldn't be penalized for not having a max agi (or ridiculously high agi) build. Simply because it's a matter of the ability to get an item. With low str, vit, or int, you may have trouble killing monsters, but it will still be possible for you to do so if you are skilled enough at playing the game. If you have low agi though, you have a much lower chance of finding a present, and therefore not getting the items that they drop. That has absolutely nothing to do with skill. You can't practice finding presents the same way you can practice killing monsters without dying. I think all of the pros and cons of certain stat builds for pvp purposes makes sense, but when you start talking about being able to get items or not it just doesn't factor into the argument in my opinion.

ARTgames

If the stat's are balanced or not is something not really covered hear. Getting back to the starting idea I was ok with it but maybe with xmiss themed monsters.

Non the less if we are going to get into stat balancing I think we have way worse problems than people hunting presents. And if this game's history tells us anything that would be there is little to no skill to getting item's in this game as many people who have low experience of gotten rare item's with little effort. Its mostly luck. No matter how skill full you kill a monster you have just about as much chance as some one who is less skillful. And thought there is some work needed to be know to kill monsters its not really that big of a task as how the game is now. Also I though this game was more pvp focused anyway.

If players that are running across the game are getting a better chance or not is up to Meiun because he know if that intention was ok with him.

My personal option of this is that this is fair. People with lots of agi have to work harder to kill monster's and bosses than people with vit and str. vit and str work all year around when killing monster's. Ware this only works on a few week's in winter. And people without the height agi can still get deluxe. As reported in this topic.

People with lots of int just seemed to be in bad condition any ware. :P But that's nothing new.

But to be fair if this is really bothering people maybe a poll should be set up asking if this is a problem. I only really have one perspective on the matter since I only have a height agi account and may be messing up my judgment. Thank you for reading.

Forum

Officially quitted

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 07:49:10 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 02:00:47 AMTo be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.
Its the other way around really. People without agi are complain that they aren't getting deluxe because of these people. The height agi people aren't complaining at all. I agree that not one stat point should have all the advantage but that's not what really is going on here.
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the original suggestion. Any game that has a stat system and/or game mechanic that rewards people for maxing out a single stat is essentially broken. That is the opposite of balance. If you allow people with many different stat combinations many different ways of achieving similar goals, then you have balance. This suggestion would be a step in the right direction...

To be honest, and I haven't read all of the comments here, but it almost sounds like the people who don't like this suggestion are complaining because they have a max agi account, and presents are the ONLY thing they have right now. Next time don't make a max agi account. It's pointless.

That's actually why I DON'T agree with the original suggestion and believe it should remain as is.  The people who ARE complaining about this are the people who put all their points into STR and/or VIT while ignoring AGI and INT as 'useless' stats.  Now they're paying the price.  Which is funny, because it isn't even that HIGH of a price, as it BARELY detracts from their ability to get presents.
I should clarify. I meant the people complaining in this topic. Not in general. It seems like people in this topic are saying they don't like this idea simply because they have high agi and they don't want their only benefit over other stat builds to be taken away. And it may just be a couple of posts that I was picking out, so maybe I'm wrong. In any case, I think it makes sense as I have pointed out. Giving an additional way to get presents would make the game MORE balanced. Not less. People with high agi would still be able to run around grabbing the presents that fall. But people with lower agi would be able to kill monsters to get them.

I think in this case, you shouldn't be penalized for not having a max agi (or ridiculously high agi) build. Simply because it's a matter of the ability to get an item. With low str, vit, or int, you may have trouble killing monsters, but it will still be possible for you to do so if you are skilled enough at playing the game. If you have low agi though, you have a much lower chance of finding a present, and therefore not getting the items that they drop. That has absolutely nothing to do with skill. You can't practice finding presents the same way you can practice killing monsters without dying. I think all of the pros and cons of certain stat builds for pvp purposes makes sense, but when you start talking about being able to get items or not it just doesn't factor into the argument in my opinion.

It ISN'T hard to find presents with low agility, though.  Yes, people with higher agility have an advantage, but that's the point of agility.  Might as well get rid of the agility stat, or all stats, if we don't want a higher stat to give you an advantage over someone with a lower stat.  Higher agility means faster speed means able to cover more ground.  That's the way it is, that's the point of the stat.  At the same time, they can't be everywhere at once, and there is plenty of chance for the higher agility people to miss presents when running across the map.

I'm also largely against this idea because it completely defeats the purpose of having presents.  Yay, let's make the Christmas Event more generic!  Let's make the special items dropped by monsters, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.  Hell, let's remove the Easter's egg hunting while we're at it, right?  After all, that's pretty much the same as the presents.

My solution to people:  Get over it and quit trying to fix what isn't broken.  The mere fact that they ARE getting presents tells me this is a non-issue.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

I dunno. I guess my opinion is kind of pointless too seeing as how I haven't played in ages. I guess I'm just talking out my ass so to speak. I'll let this topic be...

Forum

Quote from: Chaos on January 05, 2011, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: Lingus on January 04, 2011, 07:49:10 PM

That's actually why I DON'T agree with the original suggestion and believe it should remain as is.  The people who ARE complaining about this are the people who put all their points into STR and/or VIT while ignoring AGI and INT as 'useless' stats.  Now they're paying the price.  Which is funny, because it isn't even that HIGH of a price, as it BARELY detracts from their ability to get presents.
My solution to people:  Get over it and quit trying to fix what isn't broken.  The mere fact that they ARE getting presents tells me this is a non-issue.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Officially quitted

Yankyal

Your contradicting your self. How can this not be about "about accounts being free" and "they have to deal with what they have or pay again"?  How?  You say this is about "t's whether the presents should be balanced out" when in every post you complain about it being for a price.

People can get another try but for a price. And that right there is what you say is part of the problem people are having. And as I said before this is not the place to discuss this.
I only brought up price because certain people kept saying "just buy another account" or aren't getting the fact that any stats you add are permanent and unchangeable, and you will have to stick with them until V3 or pay again.. My main point is that the stats you add the first time are the only stats you can ever have. Every game you listed does not require another payment to create a new game or a new character. Donator S.O is the only game I've ever heard of with this set up, and it's no surprise that people will complain about whatever they think they are missing out on. The reason I even posted in the first place was because someone asked what purpose this served and why low AGI people couldn't just deal with it. This is WHY they don't want to just deal with it.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

ARTgames

I understand what you are saying man. Maybe you just don't understand me. And the games I listed were not games you asked for since no game exists for what you were asking for. They were to prove a different point. But lets just leave all that behind and make it simple.

starting from here:
You: It cost money to have a retry. That's why other people are not liking this.
Me: If it should be that way or not should be discussed elsewhere.

But if it helps any I acknowledge your point of this game costing money to have a retry when other games don't do that. I think that's what you want to know. And I have known that since my first post responding to you. And from then to now we just has a misunderstanding.

Yankyal

Quote from: ARTgames on January 06, 2011, 04:46:01 PM
I understand what you are saying man. Maybe you just don't understand me. And the games I listed were not games you asked for since no game exists for what you were asking for. They were to prove a different point. But lets just leave all that behind and make it simple.

starting from here:
You: It cost money to have a retry. That's why other people are not liking this.
Me: If it should be that way or not should be discussed elsewhere.

But if it helps any I acknowledge your point of this game costing money to have a retry when other games don't do that. I think that's what you want to know. And I have known that since my first post responding to you. And from then to now we just has a misunderstanding.
it is all good bro.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10