News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

/chat

Started by Mystery, January 05, 2011, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

A new chat command which I think would be EXTREMELY beneficial in certain cases would be /chat, disabling all normal text, but not chat commands or global speak. It would allow people to focus more on PVP/grinding, ignore conversations/arguments(the main benefit), or not read a few certain chat lines.

I frequently run into idiotic conversations that I'd prefer to ignore, and since there's no chat box you can move, scroll, or hide, I think this is the next best solution.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Forum

Just ignore the conversations.
Officially quitted

Mr Pwnage

You have my approval. I hate it when people say hi to me anyways.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

dakotam0813

sayers6

I knew my idea would show up here...An the reason i want this is i cover the chat with something otherwise, but I cant see blue text when i do :/

JoEL

Better yet,

Meiun should add an item called Self Control so you can grind for it and attempt to aquire it.

Yankyal

Quote from: JoEL on January 06, 2011, 12:33:51 PM
Better yet,

Meiun should add an item called Self Control so you can grind for it and attempt to aquire it.
This. Nobody is forcing you to read, this would be a waste of time to implement.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mystery

Quote from: Yankyal on January 06, 2011, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: JoEL on January 06, 2011, 12:33:51 PM
Better yet,

This. Nobody is forcing you to read, this would be a waste of time to implement.
It's kind of hard not to read when it's directly below my HP and stamina, and if I notice some annoying chatting that I'd prefer to ignore, but CAN'T because I'm checking up on my HP due to me having only 20 VIT and vulnerable to dying from almost anything.

It's not exactly a trading system, I shouldn't think it'd be THAT hard to implement. I don't see it being a major detriment to gameplay, either.

It's not completely necessary in the least, but I still think it'd be nice to have.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

God-I-Suck

scsox

Quote from: ARTgames on January 06, 2011, 09:50:16 PM

why didn't u just prnt screen?

u took a pic with ur camera...

RayRay

Quote from: scsox on January 06, 2011, 10:09:01 PM

It's hard to draw a sticky note on a computer picture. :P

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Snakeman

Quote from: scsox on January 06, 2011, 10:09:01 PM

Oh, and it's really not that hard to just overlook the chat. With it being so contrasted against the skyblue background, you kinda have to actually focus in to read it. And you can just take a notepad window and use it to cover up the chat itself, since notepad windows can be resized to any dimensions that you want.

Mr Pwnage

Well, the one benefit to it would be the ability to take cleaner screen shots....

Artgames, your a true character, your awesome.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php