News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Weather effects.

Started by jackel1994, February 12, 2011, 04:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel1994

Hey guys! I was thinking of how it snows during the Xmas event and was wondering if Meiun took it farther. This is for SOv3 though!

Anyways i was thinking for random intrevels of times that the weather can change to vary up the game! For instance it can start raining to look cool and maybe make stop moving a little more difficult since you will slide a tiny bit. Or it can get very windy like a hurricane and it will make you move a lot slower one direction and a lot faster in another direction. Also there could be night/day with light and thunder storms too(i know the night/day thing has been brought up before but just saying again). Also snow can be more common then just during the event and it could also be made into a blizzard to lesson ones visible perspective on the X axis. Fog same type of deal only with fog too. I think small things like this could really make the game even more interesting than it already will be. Also if we could have those weathers just for visuals, and no effects like mentioned above i think that would still be just as cool! Leave some feedback:D

-Ishboo21

House

scsox

wouldn't that make it like nightfall online?

Matty_Richo

Quote from: scsox on February 14, 2011, 12:37:35 AM
wouldn't that make it like nightfall online?
No.
Nightfall and Stick Online both have running and jumping, still very different games, they both have Lingus (or had) as a mod, still very different.

Anyway, I'm neutral on this, sure it'd be cool, but I can't see it adding to the game a whole heap, considering Stick Online is really cool in the way that the graphics are so simple.
However depending on what the graphics are like in SO3 it may be good.

BigBushWolfPapa

I really like the concept of this, but remember as Matty said, Stick-online was kinda known for the simple graphics. (I'm sure SOv3 wont have simple graphics, but still be in the same concept) And this weather changing could be to complex for Stick online. Remember this is just a 2d sidescroller game, not some 3rd person 3d game. But if it could be added in simply and fit stick onlines style and not overpower it, then I would be all for it.

~Papa

jackel1994

Quote from: BigBushWolfPapa on February 14, 2011, 06:15:28 AM
I really like the concept of this, but remember as Matty said, Stick-online was kinda known for the simple graphics. (I'm sure SOv3 wont have simple graphics, but still be in the same concept) And this weather changing could be to complex for Stick online. Remember this is just a 2d sidescroller game, not some 3rd person 3d game. But if it could be added in simply and fit stick onlines style and not overpower it, then I would be all for it.

~Papa

I know, and id want it to stay simple, just small low quality specs for the weather or stuff just to give it that "touch" is all i meant. I think it would be cool with that, nothing big really.

CherryPie

shouldn't be too hard to modify the snowscript to a rainscript. Not sure about clouds, though :p