News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Only Thing I Know (Watch and Discuss)

Started by 11clock, March 20, 2011, 09:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Mr Pwnage

Story of my virtual life, sort of...

I completely agree with and have experienced what he is saying, good find. Hope this gets more public, it's a good message.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Forum

I disagree because you can make money gaming.
Officially quitted

11clock

Quote from: Forum on March 20, 2011, 10:21:33 PM
You can also LOSE money gaming. Maple Story is a great example with their overpriced Cash Shop items. WoW is another good example with the $15 a month thing.

ARTgames

No matter what you do your doing it to make your self happy. And your happy is supposed to keep you alive. Which is why were are here.  How you do it and how you feel about it is up to you.

Its a simple video. Quick short term pleasures verses long term traditional one's. He has came to see that maybe he should have not done what he is did. Honestly what you do is up to you and always will be. And watching this video is just a tool to help you on how to be happy. Pick what you want.

Right and wrong are only teams that make sense relative to your consciences and what you have defined them as. And how your consciences is developed is because of your past.

What I'm saying is some one who stares at a blank wall all there life can feel just as accomplished as some one who saved the world. How you look at is just an opinion held by that person.

Also lol Mr Pwnage! I like your sig.

QuoteAlso I don't like the tone of my post. Sounds too matter of fact. This is only what I think and take it for what its worth to you.
I think this statement belongs here in this post also.

Scotty

Quote from: Forum on March 20, 2011, 10:21:33 PM

Good luck making a decent living, if you can get a job at all doing this.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on March 20, 2011, 10:45:05 PM
No matter what you do your doing it to make your self happy. And your happy is supposed to keep you alive. Which is why were are here.  How you do it and how you feel about it is up to you.

Its a simple video. Quick short term pleasures verses long term traditional one's. He has came to see that maybe he should have not done what he is did. Honestly what you do is up to you and always will be. And watching this video is just a tool to help you on how to be happy. Pick what you want.

Right and wrong are only teams that make sense relative to your consciences and what you have defined them as. And how your consciences is developed is because of your past.

Also lol Mr Pwnage! I like your sig.

While I completely agree with this too, I am kind of torn. I definitely do enjoy and get a fun-factor out of gaming and play with friends, but sometimes I can even feel that I dedicate abnormal amounts of time to gaming which I should to other things. This then sets off a long line of regret and stress ultimately resulting in my unhappiness and unhealthy lifestyle. Kinda shows moderation is the key to everything, you can really !@#$ yourself without it. Lately I've been having trouble regulating some of my own, but I kind of take pride in the fact that I realize it...if that makes sense?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Well as I said that up to you. If you feel its hurting you and you have a solution to that problem than go for it.

QuoteKinda shows moderation is the key to everything
Well no not really. All you can show is it works for you. Only other people can show it worked from them. But that really is an opinion not a law of any sort. Since people are mostly alike this piece of advices has grown. Or you could say are happiness that is used to keep us alive is alike to the point ware that statement satisfies us towards are gold to keep are self's "happy". Which is why we feel that way as we do about that statement. That does not mean I disagree with that statement. Its just that its not something that is final.

Quoteyou can really !@#$ yourself without it. Lately I've been having trouble regulating some of my own, but I kind of take pride in the fact that I realize it...if that makes sense?
As I said (Well I did not say that in the post you quoted. I added that in later. :P) that is just an opinion you hold nothing more. But I'm not saying you should not try and do what you think it right. Just remember what you think will make you happy has a chance of doing just that. Not guaranteed by any means.

Also I don't like the tone of my post. Sounds too matter of fact. This is only what I think and take it for what its worth to you.

Cactuscat222

I have to agree with ARTgames here.

Additionally, I kind of see video game addiction as a symptom rather than the disease. When someone lacks ambition and personal willpower, there are numerous things they can get addicted to. If not video games, he could have just as easily got hooked on something else. Granted, I don't know his personal story, so I can't speak for him...

Moderating your time is a good message, but I don't think saying "Vidja games are the problim!!!1!one!" is the real reason. It is your responsibility and you have to learn to handle it.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

foG

Well I have been pretty addicted to online games, too.. like a year ago or something. My sister became really sick and I kind of realized that my mother and my sister need me and yet I was spending time sitting in fronta my computer.

One morning I decided to stop playing games like maplestory and battlefield and vowed I'd only use the computer for instant messaging. And yea, I started spending alot more time with my friends, be it havin a drink at bars, discos or just chilling at some friend's.... and I feel so much better... Talking to a girl, gettin her number, kissing her or even nailing her is so much more affirming than achieving something like a high level in a game.

So yes, of course everybody does what he does to become happy but honestly.. ask yourself.. do video games make you happy? Maybe for the time being.. I don't know, I can just tell ya that I wasn't happy.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

ARTgames

A grouping of anecdotal stories such as fogs and this video that share a similar view are like candy to the people who share similar interests that make them happy. It's not a law to make you happy but it makes you think about what makes you happy. That can be a good or bad thing depending on what the meaning of good and bad are to you. All I can do is give my opinion.

To me since I share like happiness I do somewhat agree. Same goes for Mr Pwnage statement also. Thank you for sharing FoG! :)

Yankyal

Before I watch, is it another video about someone who blames their immense lack of self control on videogames?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

11clock

Quote from: Yankyal on March 22, 2011, 06:32:40 PM
Before I watch, is it another video about someone who blames their immense lack of self control on videogames?

Depends on what you think he's trying to say. Here is the response video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIVBHMTMeGw
He makes it more clear.

Forum

Officially quitted

Titan

Its definitley a good message, though he must have been quite addicited to feel that way.

I completely agree with the idea of not letting video games ruin your life, and though I play video games, if a friend wants to hang out or something, I'll instantly drop the game to go be with friends.
Livin' in a lonely world.