News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Negatively, Beneficial Hats

Started by Mr Pwnage, August 02, 2009, 10:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Hey everyone...so, I know your looking at the title going LULWUT?! So...this next idea is for SO2 and SO3...
Pretty much, I'm suggesting we have hats that hurt you in 1 area, and help you significantly more in another. For example, one hat is -50 to HP, and -30 to STAM, but gives +8 str, and +2 agi, somthing like that. It could help add a bit more flavor into the game, in the sense that, do these losses not matter because I'm benefitting more in the end?
Now my example above was talking about the bars, and not stats really, because that is the area I was thinking of. I didn't really want to mess with stats because if sombody has 1 of a stat, and you lower it by like 3, I don't know how -2 of a stat would affect the game...But if Meiun could make that work, that works for this idea too.
So, what do you guys think? Any ideas for potential hat builds? Maybe even what the hat would be?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

yottabyte

I like this idea. It could be like a heavy weapon that's powerful but you get less speed with it.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ArtGames

I like it. I dont know what else to say.

Lucifer

I'm sure some hats in Sov3 will have that sort of theme, even perhaps weapons. It would be cool to swing around some sort of "blood" weapon, that took health to swing. :3

hartless!

That is a good idea, i definitly think this should be implemented.
And the idea of a blood sword is even better.

Dragx_Rage

I like this idea, however as you said about the - stats, it might be difficult. For example, if someone had 1 agility and a hat gave -2 agility, you couldn't have -1 agility.

Lucifer

I don't think - stats would be too hard to deal with. For example, agility. If someone put on a hat that took away 1 agility, then the person would have 0 agility. This would result in being Slower than a level 1. It's not that hard to imagine.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lucifer on August 02, 2009, 04:52:05 PM
I don't think - stats would be too hard to deal with. For example, agility. If someone put on a hat that took away 1 agility, then the person would have 0 agility. This would result in being Slower than a level 1. It's not that hard to imagine.

Didn't I just say this?

Lucifer

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 02, 2009, 04:53:55 PM

Didn't I just say this?
You misunderstand my point. I'm saying theres nothing wrong with having -1 agility, or anything below it. You would just further have your speed and jump height decreased. It wouldn't be difficult.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lucifer on August 02, 2009, 05:00:02 PM
Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 02, 2009, 04:53:55 PM

Didn't I just say this?
You misunderstand my point. I'm saying theres nothing wrong with having -1 agility, or anything below it. You would just further have your speed and jump height decreased. It wouldn't be difficult.

Oh sorry, I understand now.

Torch

Unless the decrease gets to the point where the speed actually becomes a negative. That would make you move backwards. Not like it isn't easy to fix, you'd just have to cap the speed at 0.1 or something.

Mr Pwnage

I guess another option is...if the hat lowers you over 1 of the stat, you just stay at 1...
So, if the hat lowered agi by -3, and you have 2 agi, the end result is that you have 1 agi?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

LeGuy

Hat Idea:

Dunce Cap

Mr. Pwnage has made some fine sprites depicting this one, but I'm too lazy to link them. Go find them yourself.

Mr. Pwnage also made some stats for this hat, but I think a better idea for a dunce cap would be decreasing intelligence as opposed to increasing it. Maybe something like:

-8 INT
+12 STR

This would be good for things like knocking opponents off the arena with a hammer, as it has quite a large STR/knockback boost and your strategy does not require killing your opponent with multiple SP/MP draining hits.
Whee!

Mystery

I really like this idea, except I'm concerned where negative stats might come into play. Then again, if the stats' minimum level could be capped at a low percentage like Torch suggested, it would work very well.

Quote from: LeGuy on August 02, 2009, 09:31:05 PM
Hat Idea:

Dunce Cap

Mr. Pwnage has made some fine sprites depicting this one, but I'm too lazy to link them. Go find them yourself.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3070/duncecap.png

There you have it.  ;)

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 02, 2009, 08:50:29 PM
I guess another option is...if the hat lowers you over 1 of the stat, you just stay at 1...
So, if the hat lowered agi by -3, and you have 2 agi, the end result is that you have 1 agi?
Don't you think that would basically give people no downside to a hat? Say there was a hat that reduced agility by (x) and raised vitality by (x), and that person had left his agility at one. He could take full advantage of the hat without any downside, and the hat would basically be rigged. If an item gives a downside and an upside, there shouldn't be a way to get out of the downside.