News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Eureka (TV Show)

Started by 11clock, April 04, 2011, 11:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Eureka is a sci-fi fantasy TV show about a sheriff and a town. The town Eureka is populated with the world's smartest people, who are constantly working on high-tech tools. Everyone there is a genius, with the exception of sheriff Jack Carter.

It all starts with Carter picking up his rebellious daughter Zoe, when they end up crashing next to the hidden town. Eureka's sheriff ends up losing his leg, which leads to him getting replaced. The new sheriff is Jack Carter and he'll play this role for the rest of the show. Carter has an average IQ, but he is extremely good at making connections. This helps him save Eureka and sometimes the world from disasters. The problems range from something as simple as an expanding force field to reliving the same day over and over. Each episode has a new problem, keeping the show from getting dull.

The first 5 episodes are awful, but episode 6 is when it starts getting good. By the end of the first season, you'll be hooked. The show can be watched on Netflix.

Chaos

Quote from: 11clock on April 04, 2011, 11:43:56 AM
Eureka is a sci-fi fantasy TV show about a sheriff and a town. The town Eureka is populated with the world's smartest people, who are constantly working on high-tech tools. Everyone there is a genius, with the exception of sheriff Jack Carter.

It all starts with Carter picking up his rebellious daughter Zoe, when they end up crashing next to the hidden town. Eureka's sheriff ends up losing his leg, which leads to him getting replaced. The new sheriff is Jack Carter and he'll play this role for the rest of the show. Carter has an average IQ, but he is extremely good at making connections. This helps him save Eureka and sometimes the world from disasters. The problems range from something as simple as an expanding force field to reliving the same day over and over. Each episode has a new problem, keeping the show from getting dull.

The first 5 episodes are awful, but episode 6 is when it starts getting good. By the end of the first season, you'll be hooked. The show can be watched on Netflix.

My sister watched the entire season on Netflix about a month ago.  I watched some of the episodes, it was pretty interesting, even if some of the 'science' they used was complete bunk.   :-X
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

I triiieedd.. I watched episode one, and I'm not entirely sure if I finished episode two... But if what you say about 1-5 being the bad chunks before the good, I'll give it another shot. I mean episode 1 of spartacus blood&sand was mother!@#$ing terrible in my eyes, and it was only several months later watching it with my sister that I realized how epic it was after the first episode. (Although the special effects continued to be pretty shit throughout the show.)

11clock

Yeah, the first 5 episodes aren't that good. If you don't believe me that the show will get better, try watching episode 6 of season 1. That's my favorite episode, mainly because it's downright hilarious. It's called "Dr. Nobel."

Lingus

Yes! Best show on SciFi. And the great thing is that it's actually popular too so it has a great chance of not being cancelled like all of their other great scifi shows.

Now, the reason behind that might be because of the fact that it reaches a broader audience, and to do this they have to make sure it's dumbed down enough not to scare aware the average TV watcher. So yes, the "science" is pretty much ridiculous in the show. But, it's got great laughs, and it's a fun show to watch... and the plots just happen to revolve around SFish related material which is a bonus for me.

T-Rok

Quote from: Lingus on April 05, 2011, 02:41:02 PM
Yes! Best show on SciFi. And the great thing is that it's actually popular too so it has a great chance of not being cancelled like all of their other great scifi shows.

Now, the reason behind that might be because of the fact that it reaches a broader audience, and to do this they have to make sure it's dumbed down enough not to scare aware the average TV watcher. So yes, the "science" is pretty much ridiculous in the show. But, it's got great laughs, and it's a fun show to watch... and the plots just happen to revolve around SFish related material which is a bonus for me.

I have never watch said show but, you make it sound like Bill Nye The Science Guy

Lingus

Quote from: T-Rok on April 05, 2011, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Lingus on April 05, 2011, 02:41:02 PM

I have never watch said show but, you make it sound like Bill Nye The Science Guy
Ahaha! I actually used to watch that. But no... this show is nothing like that. And really, the science on Bill Nye was actual science. So i'm not sure...

DarkTrinity

Like my brother, I also saw some of the episodes while my sister watched it all on Netflix. (so I didn't watch it in order, not that it's a terribly hard show to follow) It was alright, some of it was kinda cheesy, but it was also pretty funny in parts.
Not my favorite show, but it doesn't suck either.

venuse

watched a few of the episodes, it isnt bad but alittle too goofy at times. if i wanted goofy i watch the old black and white twilight zone tv series.

Meiun

Quote from: venuse on April 05, 2011, 11:12:57 PM
watched a few of the episodes, it isnt bad but alittle too goofy at times. if i wanted goofy i watch the old black and white twilight zone tv series.
Hey, some of the original twilight zones were great! Not to mention extremely clever in many cases (although I guess I can see what you mean in at least a few of them haha).  Never seen Eureka though, so I wouldn't know how they compare.