News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A potentially good idea =D

Started by ZaC, August 04, 2009, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaC

This may come as a shock but I had a good idea, the current server is really laggy so what i thought is having a few servers so like servers running on different ports.

This could actually cut out some of the lag and once one server gets like 15 people in it the server is full and nobody else can get in and they have to use a different one.

ZaC
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

EpicPhailure

It's not the amount of people that's on the server, I believe it's that Meiun is hosting the server on his own computer instead of paying for a host when v2 was public.

yottabyte

Quote from: Epicphail on August 04, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
It's not the amount of people that's on the server, I believe it's that Meiun is hosting the server on his own computer instead of paying for a host when v2 was public.

How come he said that the server was like 1337 miles away from his home than?

Anyways I don't klike the idea. Sorry

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ArtGames

i think meiun trying his best with what he has got.

EpicPhailure

I didn't know he said that. What I posted was what I remember from like, back when Scottie's site was hacked or something.

Mystery

Every server will have a little lag, I don't see the problem. Besides, it's not like you guys have the former high-end server that V2 was originally hosted on. I'd like to see that happen, but it's not worth the extra trouble. I say everything's just fine the way it is.  ;)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

krele

Damn it people... look:

-Current server is hosted by Meiun, on his private PC.
-The server in V2 WAS A DEDICATED SERVER, and wasn't hosted by Meiun.

This is a bad idea, I can't see more than 5 people at the time on one server, let alone having more servers...

Lucifer

If ya'll want a better server, you're going to have to pay for it yourselves.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: yottabyte on August 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM

Because his computer might be at his house and he is at college, but I'm not sure.

ArtGames

Quote from: Lucifer on August 04, 2009, 03:29:59 PM

I thought he was saving the money for when so 3 comes out.

krele

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 04, 2009, 04:25:31 PM
Quote from: yottabyte on August 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM

Because his computer might be at his house and he is at college, but I'm not sure.
He said that when he had the dedicated server. That's why I was explaining it... When he was paying for the server, he didn't host it from his home, it was (as far as I remember) in chicago...

Forum

I sorta like the idea but there is hardly any ppl usually on.
Officially quitted

Lucifer

Quote from: ArtGames on August 04, 2009, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on August 04, 2009, 03:29:59 PM

I thought he was saving the money for when so 3 comes out.
What? I'm not talking about Meiun...
I'm just saying, if people want a better server, they can feel free to pay for it themselves. (Unless Meiun wouldn't like that, for some reason)

The server is fine as is, really.

11clock

Too little people on for this. Wait until like 50 people are on at once, which won't happen at the moment. :P

help_me

i dont like the idea..not that im playing right now... :'( but when it was free there wasnt usualy more than 30 ppl on at one time so  it would be pretty pointless