News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A potentially good idea =D

Started by ZaC, August 04, 2009, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Actually, there were often 40+ on. Or at least, during the time I played when it was free.

Meiun

The current server is definitely not as good as it was back before the donor server, but upgrading to any high end dedicated one (like before) really wouldn't be practical for v2 in it's current state. It really isn't even a matter of bandwidth or CPU shortage either as much as the network just being a bit flaky and it not seeming to properly prioritize packets under certain situations. I personally have honest to god never had any connection issues or any real lag even when it's been rather busy (and even when spending the summer over a thousand miles away from where I normally live). I definitely plan on getting another high end dedicated server for v3 (already have some real good deals in mind). Like I've said many times, the current server is more of a thank you to all our donors than anything else. It simply wouldn't be a practical use of the donations to buy another super high end dedicated one when my main focus is on v3 (which isn't even out yet).

Quote from: Epicphail on August 04, 2009, 11:30:04 PM
Actually, there were often 40+ on. Or at least, during the time I played when it was free.

For those who can't read it too well, there were 158 players online in that screenshot. Back at the peak of v2 being public, there were times when it was not at all uncommon to have over 100 people on. I believe the max I had ever seen on was well over 250, possibly approaching 300 (can't remember the exact number though).

yottabyte

Quote from: krele on August 04, 2009, 07:21:21 PM
Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 04, 2009, 04:25:31 PM
Quote from: yottabyte on August 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on August 04, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
It's not the amount of people that's on the server, I believe it's that Meiun is hosting the server on his own computer instead of paying for a host when v2 was public.

How come he said that the server was like 1337 miles away from his home than?

Anyways I don't klike the idea. Sorry
Because his computer might be at his house and he is at college, but I'm not sure.
He said that when he had the dedicated server. That's why I was explaining it... When he was paying for the server, he didn't host it from his home, it was (as far as I remember) in chicago...

He said so at Dan's tourney, I think it was. At least in the donor server.

Edit: Didn't see the 2nd page  :-X Anyways, this explains it
Quote from: Meiun
(and even when spending the summer over a thousand miles away from where I normally live).

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

This idea has no potential...and it's certainly not good.

Without bothering to read what everyones said why it won't work...let me say this...So yeah, obviously that would cost money...but let's think gameplay for a sec...
-There is only really 15 people on at a time during SGs, Tournaments, or like flukes...mainly SGs...
-If an SG did spawn, I am pretty sure everybody would go to the server that it did spawn...so this solves nothing.
-Also, let's say during somthing like christmas, this idea makes the event too easy, if players are spread out like this.
-So it's a no from me.
-BORK.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php