News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Game app!!!

Started by Moosebacon1000, April 11, 2011, 12:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moosebacon1000

I wanted to know if there would be any way to turn this game into an app for ipad or iphone. Im hardly at home so it would be nice to be able to play on the road

Zario777

I heard Game Maker isn't compatible with that kind of stuff I think
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

T-Rok

Quote from: Zario777 on April 11, 2011, 02:10:10 AM
I heard Game Maker isn't compatible with that kind of stuff I think

It is, but not in a way users are free to use. Regardless, it uses winsock which is not used on iOS. However, I would be so stoked had this ever happened. lol

Meiun

There was another topic discussing the possibility of a Stick Online mobile app. It is something I certainly would be interested in doing, but obviously it wouldn't be V2 that I'd make/port to it. Also, there is almost no question that it wouldn't be for iPhone or iOS if I were to make one. I can safely say that Android (or even Windows Phone 7 honestly) is a much better choice from the developers perspective in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that I myself already ditched my iPhone in exchange for an Android phone quite a while ago (not that this would be the determining factor of what I made it for). I actually have a good bit of experience writing apps, and even games for the Android, so it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I definitely would neither want nor need Game Maker or any other tool like that if I were to do so.

T-Rok

Quote from: Meiun on April 11, 2011, 04:52:41 AM
There was another topic discussing the possibility of a Stick Online mobile app. It is something I certainly would be interested in doing, but obviously it wouldn't be V2 that I'd make/port to it. Also, there is almost no question that it wouldn't be for iPhone or iOS if I were to make one. I can safely say that Android (or even Windows Phone 7 honestly) is a much better choice from the developers perspective in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that I myself already ditched my iPhone in exchange for an Android phone quite a while ago (not that this would be the determining factor of what I made it for). I actually have a good bit of experience writing apps, and even games for the Android, so it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I definitely would neither want nor need Game Maker or any other tool like that if I were to do so.

I'd have to go out and buy a second phone if that happened. I like my iPhone too much to ditch it, but I also like SO too much to not be able to play it on the go. lol :P

Meiun

Quote from: T-Rok on April 11, 2011, 12:18:22 PM

I'd have to go out and buy a second phone if that happened. I like my iPhone too much to ditch it, but I also like SO too much to not be able to play it on the go. lol :P
There is always the option of an Android powered tablet if that ever were to happen. No phone bill, and I hear some of them are quite nice.

NotoriousM4^

There already are quite a few android tablets. Well at least I'm aware that a few of the readers are easily modded to run an Android OS. I have an EVO 4G, and I've got to say... iPhone sucks  ;D.

JoEL

Yeah! iPhone is so shit that it's the most popular phone in Aus! What a crappy phone.

Macs are better then PCs!

LoL is better then HoN

Delphi is better then C++

Lol, ok I'm done. This is indeed a cool idea, but I'd like to see sov3 first released to the pc.

T-Rok

Quote from: Meiun on April 11, 2011, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on April 11, 2011, 12:18:22 PM

There is always the option of an Android powered tablet if that ever were to happen. No phone bill, and I hear some of them are quite nice.
You state a valid point. iPad is a piece of junk so I would definitely be buying an Android tablet.

krele

tehrozzy

Quote from: JoEL on April 11, 2011, 05:56:52 PM
Yeah! iPhone is so shit that it's the most popular phone in Aus! What a crappy phone.

LoL is better then HoN

Lol, ok I'm done. This is indeed a cool idea, but I'd like to see sov3 first released to the pc.
PC=Personal Computer, therefore macs ARE PC's. If you mean windows, SAY windows.

ARTgames

Well as you said yourself macs are pcs. So its more of osx vs windows. But it does not matter. :P People know what your talking about. (sorry for making it even more off topic)

With that said I guess this topic kinda stopped really at meiuns post. :/

JoEL

Quote from: YayForLife on April 18, 2011, 08:12:33 PM

LoL is better then HoN

PC=Personal Computer, therefore macs ARE PC's. If you mean windows, SAY windows.
CALM yourself. You obviously haven't seen the Mac vs PC ads have you? It was a reference....GG
I'm guessing your generation must of missed those ads, example: "Hi, I'm a Mac,Hello PC!"

tehrozzy

Quote from: JoEL on April 18, 2011, 10:42:28 PM
Quote from: YayForLife on April 18, 2011, 08:12:33 PM

LoL is better then HoN

CALM yourself. You obviously haven't seen the Mac vs PC ads have you? It was a reference....GG
I'm guessing your generation must of missed those ads, example: "Hi, I'm a Mac,Hello PC!"

I saw 'em, just didn't even think about em. The only good one I ever saw was the South Park one. Also the only one I remember.

Meiun

Please try to stay on topic guys.