News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Sound FX distance

Started by Luigi300, May 05, 2011, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi300

Not sure how to put this, but I think there should be a volume change by how far you are from a fight. Confused? This is what I'm talking about:

Let's say you're at the forest or wall or whatever and there are others fighting enemies. You know the punching sound it makes? I was thinking the farther you go from the fighting, the quieter the punching sound gets. And when you are out of range, you don't hear the punching sounds anymore (like what it does nowadays). Why I suggest this? Because it can help others find out how close and how far the fights are.

Example: say there was a SG at the wall and you're sitting on the wall, you can hear how far or how close the SG is by how loud the punching sound is instead of having to move every time to make sure people didn't drag it far. If you hear the normal punching volume, then it's near by. If you hear a distance punching sound, then you better get off that wall before you lose your hits.

Sorry if this is confusing, it's easier to visualize than to explain.

Edit: I do not mean that the sound FX change every inch you take
Tally ho!
Blobby and I <3

Jmac

This makes sense, and would definitely help since I tend to get on the Internet while I heal, and I always end up dying cuz I don't know if the SG is near the wall or not :(. This should've been on the game in the first place lmao.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Beastmode

i with mr. pwnage
+support

Infection

Quote from: Jmacrules on May 05, 2011, 07:08:35 PM
This makes sense, and would definitely help since I tend to get on the Internet while I heal, and I always end up dying cuz I don't know if the SG is near the wall or not :(. This should've been on the game in the first place lmao.

This would be rather almost ineffective since the SG has a huge hit box, so you would hear a ton of punches, but yet, when you opened the game, you would be hit along with all of those punches. For anything else though, it would work well.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Luigi300

QuoteThis would be rather almost ineffective since the SG has a huge hit box, so you would hear a ton of punches, but yet, when you opened the game, you would be hit along with all of those punches.

wait, Im not quite sure I get what you're saying here ???
EDIT: oh, never mind, I thought you were talking about the whole thing
Tally ho!
Blobby and I <3