News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Ground...

Started by 11clock, June 07, 2011, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I've always wondered about how the ground is shaded. It's light at the bottom and dark at the top. Is the sun like, under the ground or something? O.o

Mr Pwnage

It was made to be realistic as possible.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jmac

Alright, so, millions of years ago the Stick Online universe came into existence, and when it did, it created a cataclysmic event so catastrophic that the universe's sun fused into the core of the Stick-Online planet that we know and love today. As time progressed, the planet grew, and eventually the 23 billion degree temperature was hardly noticeable. The only effects that were left over from the sun-core is that you can see it's light shining from the ground...oh, and terrible drop rates. :P

So there's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on June 07, 2011, 07:02:37 PM
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT HAS NO REGARD TO REALITY WHATSOEVER AHAHAHA.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

11clock

Quote from: Mystery on June 07, 2011, 07:50:16 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious. :P

Still, The shading just looks weird the way it is.

Jmac

It's great to see my highly researched theory (albeit idiotic) ignored. Thanks guys :)

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on June 07, 2011, 08:03:14 PM
Quote from: Mystery on June 07, 2011, 07:50:16 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious. :P

Still, The shading just looks weird the way it is.
I think Jmac's theory explains it all. Stupid sunspots.  >:(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Bread

No. It's like that because Jake wanted it like that. My answer should suffice, lol?  ???

darkflash

HMM the Stick-online god can read minds and it gives you the opposite of whatever you want! Yeh and jmax ya the horrible drop rate part is DEAD ON!

Jmac

Finally people appreciate my seconds worth of totally not fake research into this phenomenon! :D Oh, and you should definately check out the shading on the mountain, its dark, then it gets light and the then dark again, i spent weeks traveling that mountain searching for a stone hammer. Now I have nightmares about that mountain and it's non-uniform shading patterns. >_<

EDIT: One more thing, Dark, pre-gratz on your 500th post. You'll be a Hero member next time you post something (not like it affects anything...at all) :)

jonsploder

darkflash

lol haha THANKS jmax I did not even realise that and you should play more I would still like to obtain that SH but mountain is too lonely :'(

Jake

Guys, you're thinking into this wayyy too much. Here's the simple explanation for why the light goes from dark to light on the ground:

A long time ago in the world of Stick online, there existed extremely small organisms now known as stickapons that coated almost the entire world. They were unusual little creatures, because they could absorb and store energy from the sun in there outer layer, which acted like a net of photons. At night, the entire landscape would light up from the stickapons' outer layer releasing the stored light that had been absorbed throughout the day, and they would shed their skin into the fields, valleys, deserts, and water. The rain would wash away the photon layer of the skin, and it would act as a fertilizer for the soil. This fertilizer was special though, because it would emit electromagnetic radiation that was absorbed by everything around it. The earth, like the stickapons would glow until the sun came back out. Throughout the day, light waves from the sun would collide with the embedded photons in the fields and rivers, and instead of bouncing off, would instead dissipate into nothing. To the visible eye, this means it simply looks darker, because we are not absorbing as much light from the ground. As you get down lower though, the ground isn't pierced as much by sun light, and so the result is that the photon fertilizer embedded in the soil still manages to glow.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

Meiun

Quote from: Jake on June 10, 2011, 12:53:46 AM
Guys, you're thinking into this wayyy too much. Here's the simple explanation for why the light goes from dark to light on the ground:

A long time ago in the world of Stick online, there existed extremely small organisms now known as stickapons that coated almost the entire world. They were unusual little creatures, because they could absorb and store energy from the sun in there outer layer, which acted like a net of photons. At night, the entire landscape would light up from the stickapons' outer layer releasing the stored light that had been absorbed throughout the day, and they would shed their skin into the fields, valleys, deserts, and water. The rain would wash away the photon layer of the skin, and it would act as a fertilizer for the soil. This fertilizer was special though, because it would emit electromagnetic radiation that was absorbed by everything around it. The earth, like the stickapons would glow until the sun came back out. Throughout the day, light waves from the sun would collide with the embedded photons in the fields and rivers, and instead of bouncing off, would instead dissipate into nothing. To the visible eye, this means it simply looks darker, because we are not absorbing as much light from the ground. As you get down lower though, the ground isn't pierced as much by sun light, and so the result is that the photon fertilizer embedded in the soil still manages to glow.

Exactly. Seriously guys, pretty obvious stuff. First grade material really.

Scotty

Quote from: Meiun on June 10, 2011, 12:59:12 PM
Quote from: Jake on June 10, 2011, 12:53:46 AM

Exactly. Seriously guys, pretty obvious stuff. First grade material really.
And here we have the answer to the meaning of life.  CNN has been contacted.