News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

"Outpost Attack"

Started by sayers6, June 28, 2011, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayers6

So I'm kind of ripping a game off some what here, but its a good idea. Basically, the server keeps track of number of users per hour, and it uses that to decide when it will start "Outpost Attacks" or massive spawn party's, during peak usage. But only for 15-90 minutes, my idea is to have something similar to that implemented in SOv3.

Discuss

P.S. Link to game here : http://fairview.deadfrontier.com/refer.php?ID=4101620&SERVER=fairview.deadfrontier.com

Jmac

Seeing as this is a 2D sidescroller, it wouldn't be as epic as it seems due to the fact that you're not hurt on contact, and there are places to rest. It would end up being a lot of mobs right below you and get really frustrating as you would only get a few hits before you need to heal. However, if mobbing skills(ones that hit multiple monsters) or weapons like the IS that could hit many monsters became more common, it wouldn't be so bad.

Mystery

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 28, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Seeing as this is a 2D sidescroller, it wouldn't be as epic as it seems due to the fact that you're not hurt on contact, and there are places to rest. It would end up being a lot of mobs right below you and get really frustrating as you would only get a few hits before you need to heal. However, if mobbing skills(ones that hit multiple monsters) or weapons like the IS that could hit many monsters became more common, it wouldn't be so bad.
You're assuming that v3 will only have very basic monsters like in v2 and that killing monsters will be the exact same there as it is now. I would also count on skills/weapons that hit multiple targets.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

sayers6

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 28, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Seeing as this is a 2D sidescroller, it wouldn't be as epic as it seems due to the fact that you're not hurt on ctacont, and there are places to rest. It would end up being a lot of mobs right below you and get really frustrating as you would only get a few hits before you need to heal.
So spawn parties aren't "epic"? the point is to give spawn parties, with no admin requirements >.>

Forum

Quote from: sayers6 on June 28, 2011, 03:34:21 PM
So I'm kind of ripping a game off some what here, but its a good idea. Basically, the server keeps track of number of users per hour, and it uses that to decide when it will start "Outpost Attacks" or massive spawn party's, during peak usage. But only for 15-90 minutes, my idea is to have something similar to that implemented in SOv3.

Discuss

P.S. Link to game here : http://fairview.deadfrontier.com/refer.php?ID=4101620&SERVER=fairview.deadfrontier.com
That game seems like a hella lot rip off from left 4 dead's style...
Officially quitted

sayers6

Even though this game was in development/beta playing atleast a whole 8 months before left 4 dead was released to the public?

11clock

I like this idea, though Meiun said something about automatic events being in SO3.

sayers6

Yeah i commented on it in that topic at about page 4, this is pretty much an unnecessary discussion now.