News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Gho$t's List of Suggestions for SO v3

Started by Gho$t, August 19, 2011, 01:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gho$t

GHO$T?s Suggestion and Sprite thread for SO v.3

Disclaimer/Info
Any unauthorized use of any artwork in this thread is frowned upon, and there may be room for possible legal actions. If not just know shame on you. These sprites were made by myself (GHO$T/Gho$t) and are for use by Meiun ONLY. Some of these sprites were made by Meiun and the official SO spriters and then used by myself in order to showcase my skills ideas and thoughts. Also I draw inspiration from many places, however all of my work aside from the official SO character are completely sprited from scratch. As always with any idea and piece of artwork there is room for improvement and constructive criticism is appreciated. However I have to ask you please do not make any post that do not regard my ideas/art in some way shape or form or do not offer ideas that will help me improve upon my designs. Posting saying ?Not Going to Happen?, ?Bad Idea?, ?This sucks?, ?Not for this game? are not appreciated and slow progress that may move things into a helpful and constructive direction. This thread will be broken up into separate sections based on the type of art/idea that is included. Also note that these ideas may have been brought up before by other members of this community, I am simply expanding upon and elaborating to my understanding of said suggestion. If you see a suggestion of yours on my list please PM me a link and I will add you to the credits at the bottom of this post.

.::Updates::.
v.1 Original Post
v.1.001 Added Some Images
v.1.002 Fixed Image Links, Added Images, Added Suggestions to the combat sections.

Hats
Hats make up a great part of SO as there are not many items in the game that offer stat boosts. However the selection of hats (and weapons) is very limited.

?   Fencer Helm
?   Black/White Cat Beanie (these are mostly cosmetic hats, they would offer a speed boost though, Black would be +6 and White would be +7)

?   Mushroom Cap
?   Shark Cap
?   Admiral Cap
?   Policeman Hat
?   Nurses Cap
?   Dark Hood
?   White Hood
?   Shadow Cloak
?   Goggles
?   Goggles (on top of head)
?   Headphones
?   Night Walker Head (+7 str, +20 hp, +5 vit, +3 agi, +3 int, +3 speed, +5 jump, +3 def) -modified stats, also this is assuming stats are as they are in v2

Weapons
My weapons are completely unique and at this time not animated.

?   Rapier
?   Cutlass
?   Cleaver
?   Club
?   Bow Staff
?   Battle Axe
?   Glaive
?   Claymore (length of the slasher hits x2 enemies)
?   Giant Shuriken
?   Giant Katana
?   Brass Knuckles/Fist Based weapons

?      Chain (Stronger whip, around 20 dmg)
?      Snowboard (Xmas weapon drop, Animation like the GS and IS) (Could also be several different versions of the SB with different designs and colors)

Other Items/Suggestions

Rings/Amulets: This came up in a discussion not to long ago and would offer a larger character build but not pose the problem of having to add several new animations to currently existing ones. There could be a large variety of rings and amulets that increase stats and some that improve luck/drop rate and heal HP/SP faster. Also for rings, I feel being able to wear 2 at a time might be a good idea as well to add more character customization.

Expressions: Many games involve expressions simply to have a bit of a fun factor. And here are a few I designed myself. They would be used via the F1-F12 keys.

Enemies
Please know that my enemies are not animated at this time. It is not to say that they will not be animated in the future or that they won?t include elements of their future animations in this thread.

?   Shroom
?   Giant Shroom
?   Drakar
?   King Drakar
?   Zombie
?   Zombie Pirate
?   Knight
?   Dark Knight
?   Poisonous Blob (Green Blob)

?   Big Poisonous Blob (BGB)
?   Massive Poisonous Blob (MGB, Spawns instead of BGB at random when either a large sum of GB or BGB are killed)
?   Electric Blob (Yellow Blob)
?   Big Electric Blob (BEB)
?   Golem (Medium sized stone statue)
?   Desert Wyrm (Massive Desert Wyrm that appears randomly when desert based enemies are frequently killed)
?   Night Walker
?   Shadow/Dark/Evil GM (A stickman wearing the GM helm that has a purple aura and uses a random GM weapon. They also may cause other enemies to spawn specifically blobs and Night Walker. They also teleport frequently and are capable of dropping any item in the game except GM weapons which is rare)

Scenery
   The scenery portion of this thread is more of a display of my works and what could be possible in the world of SO. These images may include buildings and objects as well as stationary NPC?s such as shops or quest givers seeing as Meiun mentioned the possibility of quests in v3.

?   The Sky Capital
?   Atlantis (Underwater City w/water based enemies)
?   Lost city of Necros
?   Underground city (not yet named)
?   Shadow Veil (Dark area with unique enemies including Night Walkers)

Combat System
Overhead HP Bars: I know we have our HUD which includes a HP bar, however overhead HP bars would be helpful for Enemies and PvP situations. Not all members of the community agree with this and some see it as an unnecessary addition to the game. However it would be helpful and for those who do not wish to have it displayed they could turn it off via an options menu before login or perhaps an in game option menu.

Potions/Food: Potions could add a large variety of items to the game. There are two ways this could work. As someone else suggested enemies drop stamina and HP potions which are consumed immediately upon receiving them. This would prevent use during PvP which I do support. However it brings me to the consumable food option which will recover small amounts of HP/SP. Also with potions/food there could be stat booster potions and foods. For example speed potion which gives x2 speed for approx. 2-5 minutes or Mutton which adds +2 or +5 str for a small period of time.

Status Ailments:
Not much explaining here this would be for Players and Enemies. The effects would work like so.
?   Poison-Greenish/Pale smog emits from the player/enemy every 10 seconds or so for about 1 minute. This deals small amounts of damage to player/enemy (about 5-10 dmg)
?   Burn- Player/Enemy winces or displays discomfort. This deals small amounts of damage and slows player/enemy movement speed (agi) and jump height.
?   Paralysis- Electricity emits from the player or enemy every so often and causes them to slow down when attacking/moving/jumping.
?   Frozen- This lasts for a very short period of time. An iceberg engulfs the player/enemy and they can?t move at all for a small period of time.

Stats Effecting the speed of attacks: Ok so I was thinking a little bit about the SO weapons. The IS and GS are slow weapons but logically someone with 99 str should swing it faster than someone with 20 str. So This suggestion is that stats like str and agi effect the speed that you swing/use weapons.

for ex. every 10 stat points to agi increases speed of attacks by lets say .5 and every 20 stat point to str increases the the speed of your attacks by 1.0.

Suggestions with no art
Increased Drop Rates: I realize we do not need every one getting a Bandit Cover or Inferno Sword on their first kill however as a SO player I have noticed the drop rate of items compared to gold is very low. Also after a while gold has NO point what so ever in the game. This brings me to my next suggestion.

Increased Shop Inventory and Trade Depot:
The amount of shops (2) is scarce as is their stock. I suggest that there be more shops strategically placed throughout SO as well as increasing the amount/variety of items sold in these shops.
Ranged Weaponry:  This is a subject happens to be under a vast amount of debate. There are several options here as well and will increase the combat options of the game. Ranged weaponry would have the range of let?s say a whip or a little farther than a whip. Their damage depending on the type of ranged weapon would be low. Ranged weaponry could also require ammunition (ammo) which would be available in shops and offer an outlet for the excess amount of gold in the game.

Possible Ranged Weapons include but are not limited to

?   Slingshot (pebbles/stones) (fast w/low dmg)
?   Bow (arrow) (fast w/low dmg)
?   Crossbow/X-bow (bolt) (medium w/medium dmg)
?   Shuriken (Fast w/medium dmg) (No ammo)
?   Bomb (Slow w/strong dmg) (No ammo, multi targets)
?   Clockwork Pistol (bullet) (medium w/strong dmg)
?   Musket (bullet) (slow w/strong dmg)
This also adds another variety of enemy drops (ammo) which would be a stack-able item. This as a result would be a less frequent than gold drop but more frequent than other drops.

Bank/Storage: It is obvious there are not many inventory slots in the game, we do not necessarily need more inventory slots but perhaps a method of storing items we do not need to have on us at a certain time. Many games solve this problem with a storage facility of some sort. This could be a chest, a sack, a safe, or a Banker and a stall. There would be a certain amount of storage space allowed and perhaps an upgrade for in game gold (another use for gold)

CREDITS
If you feel you need to be credited please send me a PM and I will add you to the credits.

Myself (GHO$T)
Lingus(mentioned the rings/amulets to me and I expanded from his Idea)
House (For being the first to suggest guns and influence my detailed portion on ranged weaponry)

PureAzzN

all those ideas are very nice i cant wait for those to be on SO3 if it does :D

Gho$t

Thanks :) I appreciate the support, hopefully more people will offer their support in my ideas and suggestions as well as my artwork.

DR4N3

The cat helms look like slippers and there's something about the format of the Night Walker head that seems off :/
Other than formats, the colouring and ideas are incredible. Good job man, I hope Meiun add these.

Gho$t

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 19, 2011, 01:25:54 PM
The cat helms look like slippers and there's something about the format of the Night Walker head that seems off :/
Other than formats, the colouring and ideas are incredible. Good job man, I hope Meiun add these.

Ty and the Sprites are still WIP, they will be edited over and over until I get them perfect to my expectations. I appreciate the support a lot of thought was put into this post.

czechmate

crozier

Alright bro, heres a few of my opinions.

Ok the faces:
Well I honestly can't image faces being in SO.
The bottem one is the most distinguishable. And as far as I know, from a side veiw, the eyes are more to the left then the mouth. Touch the end of your lip, now start dragging your finger up past your nose and you will hit the very end of your eye. Thats the anatomy you should shoot for with your stickman. The line being perpendicular to your eye.

Next, the Hat ideas:
Well a few are a little cliche.
The stats are outragous! Not just because they are really high, but because we don't have any idea what the stat system will be like. It would be better imo if you listen them like Night Walker Head: High Str/ Mediumish low Vit/ Wicked quick Agi/ 0 Int/ low HP.

Enemies:
Not sure what a Drakar is, but I have seen the other ones (besides GM/Night Walker(What is it)) in a variety of other games.

Areas:
Very very vague.
And the transition between Atlantis and the other world would be odd.

Ok will get to the rest later.

krele

Gho$t

Quote from: crozier on August 19, 2011, 06:57:47 PM
Alright bro, heres a few of my opinions.

Ok the faces:
Well I honestly can't image faces being in SO.
The bottem one is the most distinguishable. And as far as I know, from a side veiw, the eyes are more to the left then the mouth. Touch the end of your lip, now start dragging your finger up past your nose and you will hit the very end of your eye. Thats the anatomy you should shoot for with your stickman. The line being perpendicular to your eye.

Next, the Hat ideas:
Well a few are a little cliche.
The stats are outragous! Not just because they are really high, but because we don't have any idea what the stat system will be like. It would be better imo if you listen them like Night Walker Head: High Str/ Mediumish low Vit/ Wicked quick Agi/ 0 Int/ low HP.

Enemies:
Not sure what a Drakar is, but I have seen the other ones (besides GM/Night Walker(What is it)) in a variety of other games.

Areas:
Very very vague.
And the transition between Atlantis and the other world would be odd.

Ok will get to the rest later.

The Emotes can use touch ups I agree and I am working on this, SO does not directly involve faces with there characters but for instance you press F1 and one of the emotes overwrites your character's current face (Only with no hat equipped) or perhaps it overwrites the face but the hat overwrites the emote so you would see the emote if wearing a feather hat but not if wearing a knights helm.

The stats on the Night Walker hat do need re-working and I do not know how the stat system will be in v3 but assuming it is similar to v2 the Night Walker helm is what I consider to be the best and rarest hat in the game (if it were to be put in the game). And the actual Night Walker enemies are going to be a tough enemy to kill. Their HP would rival that of a Dark Sage as would their attack power however they would be a normal spawned enemy. They would be considered the "Ultimate Challenge" so to speak and would probably require groups of lvl 90+ to camp them for the hat drop I would also like for you to clarify which hats seem cliche and how so.

A Drakar is a Dinosaur like enemy that I am in the process of Developing. There is a Drakar and King Drakar, Drakar is another high level enemy that would rival a Rock Beast but be a common Spawn. King Drakar would be like a Rock Beast x2, and upon death King Drakar drops a bomb to try and inflict death to his conqueror before they can acquire any drops they may have gotten.

Night Walker is mentioned above.

As for enemies you say you have seen in other games you clearly have not due to the fact that I have not released my sprites to anyone and this post will be their debut. Yes these concepts have been seen in a wide variety of games however I would appreciate it if you would let me at least get images up before jumping to conclusions that they will not be original or will to closely resemble other game enemies. (Btw I have yet to see a stick zombie/ stick zombie pirate in a game.... just saying)

The Area Transition for Atlantis would be as so, there would be lets say a crude submarine in a water area and you can press ctrl to use the sub and pay to go to Atlantis and vice versa to get back from Atlantis. The transition would be a simple teleportation to ground level in front of the sub on either end (Much like the spawn flags except no falling from air)

I will wait for more at which time I will clarify some more in hopes to help you understand a little better. These are just some thought that I have had. Also I am updating this in versions and making modifications to the ideas. I have been reworking this post ever since I originally posted it, adding and removing various things and editing others.

QuoteI like your style...

I would like for you to clarify a little bit on exactly what you like about my style but I do appreciate the comment, thank you a lot.

Hordata

Good job Ghost, the ideas are very nice!! : )

Gho$t

crozier

Quote from: Gho$t on August 19, 2011, 09:40:21 PM
As for enemies you say you have seen in other games you clearly have not due to the fact that I have not released my sprites to anyone and this post will be their debut.
I meant the general idea. Not the sprites. I have seen Shrooms(often named Fungis and other variations), Knights, Poisonous Blobs, Electric Blobs, Golems, Wryms, and Zombies in a variety of different RPGs and adventure games. SO's monsters are about half and half RPG and completely Unique. Blob, cacti, bunny and skele being on the RPG side and Rock Deamon, Sand Fiend, Dark Sage contrasting the normal RPG monsters. Your list is more like 8:2; RPG:unique.
These are just some thought that I have had. Also I am updating this in versions and making modifications to the ideas. I have been reworking this post ever since I originally posted it, adding and removing various things and editing others.
Cool.
And a few things I forgot in the other post. I am a big fan of the night walker head. Can't wait to see its monster counterpart.

And along the lines of the projectiles, I personally am not a big fan of the idea (not your personal ideas, but the thought of shooting with guns and bombs in a land of monsters and magic.)

And I am rather confused on the chain whip. Is it an animation? Or is it just not looping?

Can't wait to see some more sprites. You definately have potential!

Gho$t

Quote from: crozier on August 20, 2011, 01:31:35 PM
Quote from: Gho$t on August 19, 2011, 09:40:21 PM
As for enemies you say you have seen in other games you clearly have not due to the fact that I have not released my sprites to anyone and this post will be their debut.
I meant the general idea. Not the sprites. I have seen Shrooms(often named Fungis and other variations), Knights, Poisonous Blobs, Electric Blobs, Golems, Wryms, and Zombies in a variety of different RPGs and adventure games. SO's monsters are about half and half RPG and completely Unique. Blob, cacti, bunny and skele being on the RPG side and Rock Deamon, Sand Fiend, Dark Sage contrasting the normal RPG monsters. Your list is more like 8:2; RPG:unique.
These are just some thought that I have had. Also I am updating this in versions and making modifications to the ideas. I have been reworking this post ever since I originally posted it, adding and removing various things and editing others.
Cool.
And a few things I forgot in the other post. I am a big fan of the night walker head. Can't wait to see its monster counterpart.

And along the lines of the projectiles, I personally am not a big fan of the idea (not your personal ideas, but the thought of shooting with guns and bombs in a land of monsters and magic.)

And I am rather confused on the chain whip. Is it an animation? Or is it just not looping?

Can't wait to see some more sprites. You definately have potential!

SO is after all to an Extent an RPG, It mainly relies on PvE and PvP, there has been mention of the possibility of quest which will bring it closer to the RPG element. I do not personally object to this, however how it will effect SO I do not know. I fill it will add more to the game allowing for players to have more to do. The monsters mentioned I consider 7:3 (RPG:Unique) and I am being honest simply because I know that a large range of RPG games use enemies like these as common encounters. However let me give you a mental image of the Shroom enemy, Imagine a mushroom now imagine it with 2 legs and 1 eye, It engulfs itself in spore which deal a 180-360 area range of damage meaning it hits players whether they are in front, behing, above, or in the body (sounds weird but you know what I mean) of the enemy. It in my opinion is not the fact that many games use enemies of similarity but instead how they are designed and how their attacks are designed.

Projectiles are already in the game for anyone who owns a snowball. Guns do take a small amount of mysticism from the game. However two games that successfully implemented Guns and Swords and Guns, Swords, and Magic are a MMO called GUNZ, I never personally played it but several of my personal friends did and explained some of the weapons and mechanics to me. The second game is the Fable series, which in the second and third game moved from bows and implemented guns instead. These games manage to work well with guns and magic/monsters so why can't SO?

As for the Night Walker seeing as I released the Hat sprite I am working hard to make the sprite of that enemy atm, It is mostly just a mess of lines atm though :/ but it will come together and I am sure I can surprise and impress you with it.

The Chain, would have a similar animation to the whip I am guessing, I am trying to figure whether it should be a sing motion (as seen in games like TMNT) or an animation like the current whip. The chain sprite will be a group of long chain links that would deal blunt damage to enemies. Not that damage is classified in SO but if it was this would deal blunt damage. I am not sure how soon I will have a sprite of this up but I am multi tasking and working hard on them.

The next item sprite to go up will probably be the Fencer helm simply because it is done but requires small modifications.

Kiegruen

All your image links are dead?! D: I was hoping to see them. Hope they are rehosted :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

Gho$t

Quote from: Kiegruen on August 21, 2011, 04:13:52 PM
All your image links are dead?! D: I was hoping to see them. Hope they are rehosted :D

I re-organized my album I will fix the links, sorry about that.

EDIT:Image links fixed :)