News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mechwarrior is gettin a reboot!

Started by Scotty, November 01, 2011, 10:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

T-Rok

Yes yes yes yes yes! This game was my second childhood. Warcraft 3 was my first. Haha

Cactuscat222

I was really excited when I heard about the reboot a year or so ago.

Now that I hear its labelled "Mechwarrior Online" and going the "Free to Play" route, I'm skeptical. I love the Mechwarrior series, but I can only hope they don't meddle it up in an online genre with micro transactions.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 01, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
I was really excited when I heard about the reboot a year or so ago.

Now that I hear its labelled "Mechwarrior Online" and going the "Free to Play" route, I'm skeptical. I love the Mechwarrior series, but I can only hope they don't meddle it up in an online genre with micro transactions.

From everything I've been hearing, this is sounding like it's supposed to ACTUALLY be more "Free to Play", not "Build Your Own" as I've taken to calling the microtransaction bullshit.  Also, from the FAQ:

Q. Will DLC be offered in the new MechWarrior? Online? game?

A. Not in the way that you imagine it. Content will be pushed to you via the game patcher. Once a patch has been applied, new game content is immediately available to you. Larger patches could be considered expansion packs but again, it's pushed to you the player at no cost.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

T-Rok

So essentially, League of Legends type F2P, Mechwarrior style. I'm okay with this.