News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Screen Resolution Issues?

Started by Freeforall, November 15, 2011, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Hi guys, I recently downloaded the game after I formatted my harddrive. I use my computer in 800x600 resolution, so It can be a haggle to get a game working correctly. The game loads up fine, but it seems to be stuck in fullscreen mode. I know it's fullscreen, because I have to press the windows key to get out of it. When I press the button to take it out of fullscreen, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Also, what is the fullscreen button? I pressed all of the F1-12 keys.

Jmac

Umm...well F10 is the fullscreen key. However, at 800x600, Stick Online seems to take up the whole screen so it's not in full screen, it's just meant to be displayed on higher resoulutions and doesn't automatically resize. The only thing I can say is change your resolution...

Epsilon72200

For me, S.O. automatically re-sized to my 800x600 resolution.

Have you tried dragging the window by clicking and holding near the top of the game screen?
I don't think it works when its in full screen mode, but you can use it to see if the game is really in full screen, at least.

But yeah, the best solution would be to use a higher resolution (assuming you can).

EDIT: Just to clarify, as far as I can tell, the S.O. window has a resolution of 950 x 600 (I'd recommend use of 1024x768 just to be safe).
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

ARTgames

@OP
Your screen rez is too small for the game. See if you can up it some. Does not need to be a lot.

Freeforall

It does not let me move the window by dragging it @ the guy with Ness on his avatar.

And I can put it up to 1366 x 768, but my computer will get pretty hot if I do that.

sly 3 4 me

Doesn't the game ask you to run it as 1028x768 or else it doesn't even start up? Mine does that, also, the window can be dragged if you hold the left mouse button down at the top section of the window. I'm assuming you should be able to also, since it's the same client.

ARTgames

Quote from: Freeforall on November 16, 2011, 02:06:26 PM
It does not let me move the window by dragging it @ the guy with Ness on his avatar.

And I can put it up to 1366 x 768, but my computer will get pretty hot if I do that.
Have you installed your graphics drivers? could help a lot. Im guessing this is a laptop with intel graphics?

Freeforall

The laptop has 2x ATI Radeon HD 4200
I have the drivers installed.

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on November 16, 2011, 04:18:07 PM
Doesn't the game ask you to run it as 1028x768 or else it doesn't even start up? Mine does that, also, the window can be dragged if you hold the left mouse button down at the top section of the window. I'm assuming you should be able to also, since it's the same client.
It warns me about it, but I just click the second option button and then it lets me play it. And I tried to drag it, but it won't work.

ARTgames

Well only solution you can really do is go for the other realization or play how it is. Sorry man.

Freeforall

Quote from: ARTgames on November 16, 2011, 04:52:28 PM
Well only solution you can really do is go for the other realization or play how it is. Sorry man.
It's alright. I can play it how it is, it's just kinda annoying that it's stuck in fullscreen mode. It's not a huge deal though. Thanks for trying to help, guys!

EDIT: Windows XP Lite boots up to a BSOD Stop error on Android. I'm going to try out Windows 2000, since Meiun said that might work with S.O.
Wrong topic. :/ Please disregard.