News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

I'm leaving for a while.

Started by 11clock, January 29, 2012, 01:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I've decided to leave the forums for a while. The constant debating here has made life rather stressful for me, so I want to take a break and worry about the more important aspects of life.

Good bye, I'll be back soon.

Torch

I always find debating to be good stress relief for me but hey, do what works for you! Hope to see ya back soon.

Mystery

Quote from: Torch on January 29, 2012, 01:58:42 AM
I always find debating to be good stress relief for me but hey, do what works for you! Hope to see ya back soon.
^This.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on January 29, 2012, 01:29:54 AM
I've decided to leave the forums for a while. The constant debating here has made life rather stressful for me, so I want to take a break and worry about the more important aspects of life.

Good bye, I'll be back soon.
Yeah I know the feeling. I'v had to do that once also. For me it was not really stress but time.

11clock

I put on the Cross, and go out into the battlefield
With only a dim sword and dull shield to wield.

I underestimated my opponents, they strike me down.
I'm left with bloody cuts, bruises, and on my face, a big frown.

So I'm putting down my sword and shield and heading back to the bay.
I'll defend God's country another day.

I'll sharpen my sword and polish my shield so that it reflects the Sun
So I can, too, reflect the Son.

DarkTrinity

It's probably because he can't win any arguments that he finds it stressful....

lol, seriously though, go relax and play some video games. See ya around.

Cactuscat222

Having people question and/or attack your moral values and structure can be quite debilitating. No one likes to be told they are wrong, especially being told that they are living wrong.

At the end of the day though, what matters most is what you take from it. It sounds cheesy, but its true - what is the point of debating or arguing if you never had the intention of listening and learning in the first place?

If in the end, you believe that what makes you currently is strong and righteous, then more power to you. Alternatively, if someone here has sparked some thought, something in your mind that makes you question or want to know more... don't be afraid to act on that and question it. Decide for yourself the values that you cherish, and hold them to be true. Easier said than done, but eh.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

TANK

hey man dont let people punch you in the stomach about you're religion. By that i mean dont let it get to you, christianity/catholic creates a solid resolve in most people. Just remember you have god on you're side whether people believe hes there or not.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 29, 2012, 02:51:32 PM
Having people question and/or attack your moral values and structure can be quite debilitating. No one likes to be told they are wrong, especially being told that they are living wrong.

At the end of the day though, what matters most is what you take from it. It sounds cheesy, but its true - what is the point of debating or arguing if you never had the intention of listening and learning in the first place?

If in the end, you believe that what makes you currently is strong and righteous, then more power to you. Alternatively, if someone here has sparked some thought, something in your mind that makes you question or want to know more... don't be afraid to act on that and question it. Decide for yourself the values that you cherish, and hold them to be true. Easier said than done, but eh.

Somebody give this cat a gold star.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on January 29, 2012, 11:47:52 AM

So you're saying you'll be back and start debating again when you've had your break and/or gathered more ammo for your side of the argument?

11clock

Quote from: Mystery on January 29, 2012, 04:09:58 PM

So you're saying you'll be back and start debating again when you've had your break and/or gathered more ammo for your side of the argument?
I'm saying that I feel like that I'm defending something that I don't fully understand, and I wish to study the Bible more before I get back into religious debates. When I'm saying that I wish to sharpen my sword and polish my shield, I mean that I want to build strength in my moral values. I'll take a stand again when I feel ready, but for now I feel ill-prepared.

And the reason why I'm leaving the forums entirely is because the only thing that's really going on right now is the Religion Thread 2.0, and it's tempting to go in there and debate.

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on January 29, 2012, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: Mystery on January 29, 2012, 04:09:58 PM

I'm saying that I feel like that I'm defending something that I don't fully understand, and I wish to study the Bible more before I get back into religious debates. When I'm saying that I wish to sharpen my sword and polish my shield, I mean that I want to build strength in my moral values. I'll take a stand again when I feel ready, but for now I feel ill-prepared.

And the reason why I'm leaving the forums entirely is because the only thing that's really going on right now is the Religion Thread 2.0, and it's tempting to go in there and debate.
Ah, okay.

Have a nice break. Go enjoy yourself.  :)

Freeforall