News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Copycats?

Started by aedan, May 20, 2012, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aedan

Didn't really know where to post this topic but this will do. I'm not sure if any of you have already discussed it but I got on the game maker community forums and was looking at some of the games people were working on. I saw several of them that looked like they were trying to remake SO. People named them Stick Legends Online and Stick World Online.... >_< Ha! This one guy even said that he is determined to make his game and ATTEMPT (and fail) to make it more better than Stick Online.
Here is the link to his game >>>> http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=540451
Lol are they even allowed to do that? Ridiculous!

Lucifer

To my knowledge Meiun does not happen to own the sole rights to a stick figure MMO, nor the rights to put silly hats on said stick figures. Besides, I wouldn't call those sprites copies.. I think Chaos would cry.

I personally salute this person and his quest to trump a game no longer in production. God speed good sir, god speed.

Matty_Richo

Wow, something like this isn't even worth worrying about. Honestly, he is asking basically for people to make his game for him, he said he can make static sprites but needs someone to do all the animating as well as actually programming the game. There are many people out there looking for people to program their MMOs, and the few that actually interest people are people that have created non online games in the past and have made a name for themselves and/or have unique ideas and also are able to take a more significant role in the creation process than simply making static sprites.

I do also find it amusing that he outright says that he thinks he can do better than Stick Online, basically admitting that his idea is somewhat based off Stick Online.

aedan

Quote from: Matty_Richo on May 21, 2012, 07:32:29 AM

I do also find it amusing that he outright says that he thinks he can do better than Stick Online, basically admitting that his idea is somewhat based off Stick Online.

Thats what got my attention.

Jmac

Did some research and found this:

If these remakes are such a "fail", then why are you a tester for "Stick Legends Online"? 0_0 Just wondering lol.

aedan

Quote from: Jmacrules on May 21, 2012, 01:17:03 PM
Did some research and found this:

If these remakes are such a "fail", then why are you a tester for "Stick Legends Online"? 0_0 Just wondering lol.
There is a difference between rootbEER and rootb33r.

Meiun

As long as they actually code everything themselves and create all their own graphics (and don't blatantly steal things), then people can make their own stick-figure based games all they want. I'd certainly prefer that they try to be as original as possible with it, but that's their call. Besides, an MMO made purely with GM shall never be able to compare to the glory that is the V3 engine/server engine! ;D

WereWaffle

Lol that is my game and I just got inspired to make a stickman game from stick online. Im not copying. And BTW r00b33r is my aswell  ;D

aedan

Quote from: WereWaffle on May 22, 2012, 05:48:04 PM
Lol that is my game and I just got inspired to make a stickman game from stick online. Im not copying. And BTW r00b33r is my aswell  ;D
Yeah rootbeer was me on stick online. when they redid forums or whatever somebody took my name