News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ping Spikes

Started by Jmac, May 24, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

Is there any reason I receive random ping spikes every couple of minutes? Here is an example of my ping in roughly 30 seconds:

I saw online that Windows 7 has problems with ping spikes, and I performed the "fix", but I haven't seen a change. Is there a solution to this? (Btw, my virtual machine works a little better now, still not perfect though)

sayers6

What type of internet are you using? If it's cable or similar, that can shoot your ping through the roof periodically.

Jmac

It's standard ADSL, I'm pretty sure Earthlink is our ISP, even though they're pretty worthless and unreliable.  :(

Meiun

It could just be your internet, or even the servers internet acting up. I likely wouldn't be too concerned unless it continues like this for more than a day or two.

Jmac

It happens every day on this laptop. The spikes last around 5 minutes, then stop and I'll have a stable 94 ping, but then start up again randomly. It could be 5-30 minutes, but they seem to always come back especially when I'm in the desert for some reason. I don't believe it's my internet, as my other laptop didn't experience ping spikes, although it wasn't running Win7. At the moment, it's quite stable in the bandit forest.

sly 3 4 me

Does the game exhibit increased CPU usage during the 5 minutes of the spike? Try minimizing the stick online window and then pulling it back up a second or so later to see if it improves. (Don't do it during combat though :P)

Jmac

I believe I have fixed the problem. I still occasionally get lag spikes in the desert (at least noticeable spikes) but it's not enough to affect gameplay. Thanks guys.  :)