News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

If you're really bored.... xkcd.

Started by DarkTrinity, September 19, 2012, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

xkcd made a really really really REALLY huge webcomic called click and drag. and that's basically what you do to get through it, is click and drag. It's chock full of video game references and other things.  I spent some time looking at it and my clicker finger is starting to hurt dragging through all the tunnels... (but I did find a Minecraft reference down there). There's also a giant map version of it where you can just zoom in on things without the pain of click + drag.

"Day 4 of scrolling: Food is out. Water reserves low. There is talk of mutiny if things remain as they are. After minutes of deliberation, we decided Jeff would make a good meal. Jeff is unaware why morale is up but he's excited."

Click & drag:
http://xkcd.com/1110/

Full map version(it is legitimately huge, so it may take awhile to load):
http://xkcd-map.rent-a-geek.de/#8/0.967/-1.198

sly 3 4 me

Just checked it out and found the Mario and Minecraft reference after a few minutes. It's interesting how it just lets you go into any direction you want.

DarkTrinity

I don't think I would have found this one without looking at the map version...
It's underground in the black parts, looks to be a jellyfish sitting in a dark room holding a console controller in front of a bright TV... lol. When zoomed out all the way on the map version its not even visible. If you zoom it in to where the tunnels are still showing on your screen its just one tiny white pixel. haha.

Idk, this entertained me. I think it would be cool if he kept adding more stuff gradually. Biggest webcomic of all time :D

sly 3 4 me

Yeah, it's pretty cool with the randomness of some of the areas. You can just be on a rigid plain and end up in some crazy village and stuff. I haven't had the time to look at it again since last time, but it is cool. I'd be awesome if this were combined with something where some of the people/background things could be interacted with to perform a set animation or something. Sort of like having each area that may look like just the normal background, but if you click on a character or a button, then that square of the interacted area would change depending on what the result of that clicking action would do. That's wishful thinking as it's a web-comic, but wouldn't that be cool?  :P

Lingus

I scrolled through the surface level when it first came out. I figured there was something either below ground or possibly in the air, but I didn't know how big the area was and I thought I would just be scrolling through black forever. It's cool that they have a map version (it hasn't loaded yet...) I loved XKCD for this kind of thing. They did the one that had a different panel depending on what browswer you were using. Very unique and inventive.

sly 3 4 me

Yeah, I did not try to just go straight down through the black terrain much, I just followed the holes that lead downward. All three I followed lead to a cave structure type deal though.

Edit: Was perusing The Daily What and it was posted five hours ago. Looked at the pictures and was like 'I know where that's from...', then saw that it was the web comic. :D

crozier

Wow, this is cool. (and pretty!)
I think I saw the sandworm from BeetleJuice.

Matty_Richo

I have spent more time than I care to admit exploring this... I have found a ton of cool stuff though.