News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Huge Laptop problems.

Started by sayers6, October 10, 2012, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayers6

I just got a new laptop, purchased borderlands 2, and happily ran to play it for hours on end. Then I get home, and whenever I get the game started up, the screen starts flashing brightness settings every few seconds. The only thing I can think of is that the power supply isn't enough, shouldn't the cord that came with it be enough? I want to play my game but the screen flashing like that is to annoying to deal with. Any suggestions on what to do?

Laptop: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-6601-17-3-Inch-Midnight/dp/B0085H63RE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349886811&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+aspire+v3+771g

sly 3 4 me

Did you install a proper driver version for the graphics, or just leave the one that windows 7 chose for it? I can't quite remember if pre-configured laptops have the drivers install before-hand, or just during the first usage. Hopefully you cleaned out the bloatware if there was any.

Did you change any of the settings from the first startup of the game? Some of the settings only go into effect after you restart the game. If you changed them from the default settings and did not restart it, that could be a plausible reason. Try reverting it to the default settings.

When you say brightness settings, were you able to get into the game and it looks like the brightness in the game is flickering/flashing, or does it look like it could be something with the actual laptop brightness settings?

Tyco-RC

Hey.

I have a similar Acer laptop and I've had no end of problems with it :/

The power cable supplied should power the laptop fine and can't see it being an issue.

Try re-installing the Nvidia Driver from the Nvidia  Website. Also try updating the laptop.

If that doesn't fix it, try changing the refresh rate by right clicking the desktop and going to graphic properties and set it to the highest possible.

If this doesn't change anything you might have to factory reset the laptop :/

The laptop specs should be plenty to run the game.

So if the new driver software or a factory reset doesn't fix the problem contact Acer and arrange a repair or refund.

I'd get a refund because I've sent my Acer Ultrabook of to the 3 times already and every time I get it back its worse than when I started.
- 2nd Place Finish in Danimals 6th Tournament -

sayers6

Fixed the problem in the weirdest way possible. But It's fixed. Borderlands 2 is the best. Thanks for the suggestions though. I ALWAYS clear out all the stupid bloatware >.>

sly 3 4 me

Maybe note what the solution was? Some people find threads like this through google with cross terms and may want to know. :P

havok

Problem = it's a acer lol. But I would like to know what the problem was as well

sayers6

Never mind, the problem isn't fixed. Whenever I play Borderlands 2 it changes to (plugged in, not charging) for the battery status, and switches back and forth quickly. Only thing I can find on the internet is that the battery driver might be bad 0.o

Tyco-RC

Have you tried running the game when its fully charged and still plugged in an also without the charger in it?

sayers6

When I run it on battery it does fine (all be it slower) and when it's fully charged and I have the cord plugged in, the problem seems to disappear, but I'm not entirely sure.

Tyco-RC

What refresh rate are you running the game on an have you tried lowing the graphic setting in-game to see if that affects it?