News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

my homepage is stuck on http://search.appsarefun.info/

Started by venuse, October 27, 2012, 10:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venuse

like the topic says and i cant change it at all. whats more i thought maybe its a malware or something so ive tried doing system scans in safe mode with 3 different programs like, avast anti virus, malwarebytes, superantispyware. and still its stuck on this homepage. anyone got anysuggests? ive heard of atleast 1 other person that got this but i dont know if they were able to get rid of it or fix it.

sly 3 4 me

Check your extensions/add-ons in your browser for any toolbar or unknown programs. Those things that change your homepage are mostly installed with other programs and if you don't do custom install you may also download them. Check the uninstaller too in windows. You are using windows, correct? Try Spybot search and destroy and the online downloader of eset to see if it can flag it as a malware and delete it.

venuse

this is independent of my browser since i dont have any extensions related to this and have disable all the extensions and that this homepage pops up on other browsers. spybot couldnt track it either. its really got me stumped. online downloader of eset? never heard of that unless that was a typo

edit
just found out it isnt poping up on other web browsers now so i might try reinstalling googlechrome

edit
think i got it fixed

sly 3 4 me

Glad to hear you hopefully fixed it. I've had a few run-ins where I've had to modify the registry to get rid of them as they didn't install as an application or an extension, quite annoying indeed.

I meant the Eset online scanner, not downloader.

Any ideas which program you picked it up from, or from what?

venuse

not really sure to but i think it was when i was trying to download a tv show episode. i dont remember seeing the option in chrome that fixed it but  it was a small text that said new tab page with the option to change. changing that setting worked :P