News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

It happened....

Started by Forum, January 22, 2013, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum

Well i did this yesterday and realized life sucks and i wanted to try something new and doing this has felt good, relieves stress. I was also sad that its the one time this year that its my birthday; today and nothing even special happens for me, all through middle and high school I've been a loner and picked on, forgotten, stepped on. Oh well

Officially quitted

crozier

There's a lot of rotten people in the world. Try not to let them make you think those things.  And remember there is also good people in this world. You just may not have found them yet.
Please, Forum, find a therapist. I assure you they will be able to let you find ways of achieving happiness without causing permanent damage to yourself (not just your body, but also your mind). We've all known you for over 5 years, and we care about everyone here. Please ask for help from a school counselor, or somebody you loves you and wants to help, and schedule some time with a therapist.
The goodness caused by pain is artificial. I am not going to try to argue with you about this, but its only your mind playing tricks on you. If you convince yourself that cutting your arm will make you feel better, your mind will make you think this.
So please find somebody to talk to.

Delicious

Hey buddy,

Do you want to talk? I'm not sure if cutting is necessarily suicidal attempts or to re-leave stress, but regardless you are depressed. You're at a very difficult age in life, I would know, but consider your future. Try to make each day meaningful, socialize and create friends.

You need to thicken your skin to survive in this world. Don't be so sensitive, keep your chin up. There are always people who care for you.

I am open to talking if you wish.
<3

11clock

The two posts above me have said it better than I ever could.

Also, remember what happened to Seifer and how much grief it caused in the forums. People do care about you.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: 11clock on January 22, 2013, 07:23:50 PM
The two posts above me have said it better than I ever could.

Also, remember what happened to Seifer and how much grief it caused in the forums. People do care about you.
This. I think that experience shows that even people you don't expect to care, really do care. And I can also tell you from personal experience (I've had 6 classmates who have taken their own life) that a lot of people care, a lot of people are willing to help if you only let them. 3 of my own close friends used to cut themselves also, and all have kicked that habit and are all honestly much happier with where they are now in life. High school and middle school suck, I'm completely with you on that. The thing is high school isn't even the beginning of your life, it's not even half your life. There's just so much left in store afterwards that high school becomes pretty much meaningless.

There are far better ways to relieve stress. Pretty much anything creative will make you feel better. Drawing/music/painting/writing/etc. You can let out your emotions through such things. Another good stress reliever is exercise, even just going for a walk.

Please, for the sake of everyone, do find help. Talk to a counselor, parents, friends, forum members, heck I'm sure there's even a confidential hotline you could call.

sk8terboi

All cutting does is leave scars on your body that remind you of the bad times, it doesn't help. Ive got scars on my arm and I regret it all the time, it takes me from my good moods and to a bad one remembering what happened. So in conclusion you shouldn't even think about cutting so put the knife or whatever down and just quit
[SSSS]

Lingus

I can assure you that you are not alone out there. I remember, probably when I was about your age, I have done and thought the same things. It gets better. Life gets so, so much better. It just takes time, and effort, and it's really tough but you get through these difficult times. And even if it seems like no one likes or cares about you now, you will get past that and you will have people that care about you.

One thing that helped me was hearing that some of my negative thoughts might just be in my head. I used to always think that if I walked by someone and they looked at me that they thought I looked weird or stupid or whatever. I had no reason to think this, it was just something that I thought. At some point I tried thinking that if someone looked at me it was because they thought I looked awesome. Obviously it's just a small trick, and I never really totally convinced myself, but it somewhat balanced itself out and I really just stopped worrying about what someone thought as they passed me in the hall.

Now, your situation might be different, and that's fine. But try to keep in mind that sometimes people's actions, or your perception of them, don't always reflect their true thoughts or feelings. Give people the benefit of the doubt and put yourself out there. Try doing nice things for people and acting friendly towards them. Forget about whether they might like you or not and just do it for yourself.

And by the way, don't think of therapy as a negative thing. I've had plenty of it and I think a lot of it has helped. And if money is an issue there are cheaper options. In fact, I started out in high school going to a counseling service that provided financial assistance. Essentially you paid what you could afford based on your income. And that got me through a lot at that time. So definitely consider it. Seek out help from your family. Even if your parents don't seem like they care, they do.

stick d00d

The world is a cruel place man. Keep your head up, it will get better. School sucked for me too. I didn't have a lot of friends and the ones I did have I ended up losing because I was always up and down. One day I would be really happy and the next I would be the complete opposite. Mostly differences with my parents and arguments/fights at home really kept me down most of my life. Don't let people get to you to this point. Seriously life is too short to be upset all the time. Find things you really enjoy to get your mind off of stuff. I know me and you never really got along in-game (though I have never met you personally so this really doesn't matter) I'm sure you're a good guy just going through the ups and downs of life. It happens to everyone, but what you gotta do is be better than the people who put you down and just be yourself and basically just say to yourself things will get better. If you need to talk to someone just PM me. Also talk to your parents/family and maybe a school counseler, trust me this will help.

Oh and Happy Birthday dude.  :)

DarkTrinity

Lingus

That was actually really awseome. The last one (#1. People Care Far Less About Your Screw-Ups Than You Think They Do) was particularly helpfull. Essentially: Don't worry too much about what other people think about you; they're too busy worrying what other people think about themselves to care about what you're doing. The spotlight analogy is great. If you imagine everyone else with their own spotlight, your spotlight doesn't seem quite as bright.

ARTgames

I sort of wish that image was not there anymore. But yes. If its safe to stop caring about the things that are hurting you than do so. But only if its safe as it it will not cause you harm later. If its something like if you think other people are thinking about you than just stop caring. Or go out and see and do things that you dont do normally. A change in environment can have a dramatic effect on how you feel.

Freeforall

Please don't do that, it's terrible. Things may be hard right now, but we have already lost one person in this community, and you saw how it tore everyone apart. Seriously, talk to someone. No one will be mad, I promise.

Jake

Life is tough, and sometimes you get kicked while you're down, but we're here for you. It takes true sadness to understand true happiness. You'll get there, you just gotta keep your head held high.

Yankyal

most problems in life are the cause of high expectations. you expected something flashy on your birthday and didn't get it. you seem to expect life to not stop being shit or something...

you have to work your way towards glory. instead of cutting yourself to relieve stress you could lift weights or read some books by the great Orwell or Hemingway. there are always better options than the endorphin boost brought about by self harm.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

buffi

I'd just like to add a different view point.  While I agree with what everyone else is saying, what you're doing also has an effect on your friends and family.  Even if it seems like they don't care, well, they do.  And every time they see those scars it will hurt them.  I don't really know how to describe it, but if you care about your family and friends then that's not something you want to wish on them.  That's why I personally feel like cutting, as well as suicide, are an extremely selfish thing to do.  You take the the route that makes you feel good (or the easy way out) at the expense of the people who care about you.  I realize that it's a lot more complicated than you doing it to just hurt them, but just something to consider.